Pulp to return in 2023

briddj

4 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

Thanks man.

Someone's having a laugh with those booking schedules that weekend. The quality of acts on the Sat compared to the Sunday (bar Pulp of course) is absolutely ridiculous.

I have another daft question - am I better off going to one of the Cardiff/Sheffield gigs for a longer set as it's their own gig? Rather than the headline slot at Warrington Weekender, or won't there be much in it?

That's the idea with Neighbourhood, gets people in for the weekend. Worth saying that there'll be a lot more announced, that's just the first wave. There will be 3 stages worth of acts that day.

I've never seen a Pulp gig but I expect their own gig will be much better than Neighbourhood. It'll be a likely mix between kids who know Common People and maybe a few other singles alongside those of us who have to go local for a Pulp show 

That said the acts on Saturday are quite old too so could be that the younger crowd aren't attracted in this year 

Edited by efcfanwirral

7 hours ago, Enkidu said:

What's with the lack of accommodation in Sheffield? I'm happy to just stay in a hostel dorm but can't even find those. I get that Pulp are popular but I thought a city would have plenty of places to stay

If you're looking for places near the venue there isn't anything given it's quite out of the way. Try looking at the centre and then get a taxi after the gig.

9 hours ago, Enkidu said:

What's with the lack of accommodation in Sheffield? I'm happy to just stay in a hostel dorm but can't even find those. I get that Pulp are popular but I thought a city would have plenty of places to stay

Nah it's terrible for hotels in Sheffield. If there's any kind of event on the rooms go really quickly and suddenly become very expensive.

On 10/28/2022 at 3:11 PM, ClementsMike said:

Wonder if it might be Eden > Bristol > Glastonbury?

Not sure to get a ticket straight away or hang on …

I wondered about this. Bristol Sounds has a 5K capacity, which is the same as the Cardiff one. 

1 hour ago, briddj said:

Nah it's terrible for hotels in Sheffield. If there's any kind of event on the rooms go really quickly and suddenly become very expensive.

You're probably just as well staying in Rotherham for the night. There is a holiday inn, premier inn, ibis all within a 20 min taxi ride of the venue. Holiday Inn is closest

3 hours ago, scatteredscreens said:

If you're looking for places near the venue there isn't anything given it's quite out of the way. Try looking at the centre and then get a taxi after the gig.

Or get the tram back into the centre from right outside the venue

There's a Holiday Inn between the city centre and the train station, but agree that there isn't a great amount at the budget end 

9 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

That's the idea with Neighbourhood, gets people in for the weekend. Worth saying that there'll be a lot more announced, that's just the first wave. There will be 3 stages worth of acts that day.

I've never seen a Pulp gig but I expect their own gig will be much better than Neighbourhood. It'll be a likely mix between kids who know Common People and maybe a few other singles alongside those of us who have to go local for a Pulp show 

That said the acts on Saturday are quite old too so could be that the younger crowd aren't attracted in this year 

Thanks for this mate.

I'm really drawn to watching them at an open aired festival gig, as opposed to Utility in Sheffield or Cardiff Arena. As long as the set list is the same length I'd be happy, and with a couple more acts I'd want to see (only Bootlegs and Confidence Man so far!), it might be worth gambling with that event.

If I can get a ticket of course!

9 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Thanks for this mate.

I'm really drawn to watching them at an open aired festival gig, as opposed to Utility in Sheffield or Cardiff Arena. As long as the set list is the same length I'd be happy, and with a couple more acts I'd want to see (only Bootlegs and Confidence Man so far!), it might be worth gambling with that event.

If I can get a ticket of course!

Never had an issue with Neighbourhood tickets before. Its a good little festival, bar queues all fine and quite a lot of food options. Just a bit difficult to get back anywhere from Warrington (unless you're driving). We stayed in a Premier Inn this year and it was much easier 

Going to take the approach I did with AM. See what happens with Glastonbury first (both getting a ticket and them playing) and if one of those falls through then try and get a ticket closer to the time. Not sure I can justify the ticket price as a standalone and potentially Glastonbury on top. 

Edited by Chef

6 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Just anecdotally it feels like there is a lot of buzz around these gigs. Quite a few people I know are interested in going to Finsbury.

Yeah agreed. If I don't get Glasto tickets I will have to nip down the road to IOW on the Friday I think.