Pulp to return in 2023

briddj

3 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Really don't think they will be doing anything else in the north west  - or maybe a small warmup show that wouldn't impact sales of that. Warrington is too close to Manchester for them to be doing something at Castlefield Bowl or Heaton Park without it cannibalising Neighbourhood's sales.

Seems to me like there are a lot of shows in the North and hardly any in the South but they are a northern band so I guess that makes sense.

9 hours ago, charlierc said:

£70 to stand is a piss take. Especially in soulless echoing great big hall arenas with £7+ pints. Really really hate how expensive gigs are becoming. Will soon become £100 standard across the board 😞

Not really sure band's/promoters justify it for one band and a support when a tenner or so more gets you Reading/Latitude day tickets. Granted this year's prices might increase from 2022 but would still be better value for money.

Edited by D-Low

On 10/28/2022 at 2:55 PM, gfa said:

Seetickets has the prices up, £75 for Finsbury - think i might try grab off twickets the day before and bet on them being at glasto

https://www.seetickets.com/event/pulp/finsbury-park/2454594

Surely you’ll want the £143 ticket so you can have the commemorative VIP wristband!

6 hours ago, jj200 said:

They are doing one in London in Finsbury which rules them out of all points east.

I saw Jarvis' JARV IS project at APE in 2019 so could've seen them getting free reign of the joint tbf.

Not that I'm still 100% sure if Finsbury Park is an improvement sonically on Victoria Park. Though my point of view on APE 2019 remains that the sound for Strokes day was shit.

1 hour ago, D-Low said:

£70 to stand is a piss take. Especially in soulless echoing great big hall arenas with £7+ pints. Really really hate how expensive gigs are becoming. Will soon become £100 standard across the board 😞

Not really sure band's/promoters justify it for one band and a support when a tenner or so more gets you Reading/Latitude day tickets. Granted this year's prices might increase from 2022 but would still be better value for money.

What's a pretty miserable vibe is that this is actually cheap compared to some other shows I've seen this year, with perhaps the worst offenders for arena standing gigs being Blink-182 splitting standing on their arena tour into £80-odd regular standing and a £100+ front standing section. Much as I agree it's pricey - I thought it would be in the £60s range, though I appreciate for some that's still a fair old whack.

Just now, Stokesy10 said:

Quick one... this Warrington Festival - will a single day ticket be part of Pulps sale next Friday? Or will they only be selling their Cardiff, Sheffield ones for example? Bit confused how that works. 

If you're only looking for a Pulp day ticket, that's on sale from Friday at 9 and should be OK by the look of it See Tickets - Neighbourhood Weekender Tickets and Dates 2023

16 minutes ago, Enkidu said:

Anyone else considering Bridlington Spa? I'm torn because it would be amazing to see them at a smaller venue but looks like a nightmare to get to

I love the idea, given that it's a small(er) indoor venue and the first show of the tour.

But I can't see it working out - I'm already going to Bearded Theory that weekend, and looking at hotel rooms anything vaguely sensibly priced has already been snapped up. That's before even considering the travel.

1 hour ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Got a Premier Inn for Scarbados for 74 quid with free cancellation. Just not sure whether to get tickets or twicket it just before?

Its 8k capacity so there will be a lot of tickets popping up - how easy it will be to get them is another story. If your planning to do glasto then twicket it, if not i'd buy now to lock it in maybe 🙂 

9 hours ago, charlierc said:

If you're only looking for a Pulp day ticket, that's on sale from Friday at 9 and should be OK by the look of it See Tickets - Neighbourhood Weekender Tickets and Dates 2023

Thanks man.

Someone's having a laugh with those booking schedules that weekend. The quality of acts on the Sat compared to the Sunday (bar Pulp of course) is absolutely ridiculous.

I have another daft question - am I better off going to one of the Cardiff/Sheffield gigs for a longer set as it's their own gig? Rather than the headline slot at Warrington Weekender, or won't there be much in it?

4 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Thanks man.

Someone's having a laugh with those booking schedules that weekend. The quality of acts on the Sat compared to the Sunday (bar Pulp of course) is absolutely ridiculous.

I have another daft question - am I better off going to one of the Cardiff/Sheffield gigs for a longer set as it's their own gig? Rather than the headline slot at Warrington Weekender, or won't there be much in it?

We won't know until they play.

2 hours ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Got a Premier Inn for Scarbados for 74 quid with free cancellation. Just not sure whether to get tickets or twicket it just before?

Which premier inn did you book? if it's the one next to the waterpark, get their early and you will hear the sound checks as it's right next to the open air venue. or even better go to the waterpark and sit in the outside infinity pool listening to them sound check with a beer in your hand