Pulp to return in 2023

briddj

5 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Tbf Pulp were everywhere last time they toured. I'm looking at Sheffield Arena and Glastonbury. I'd also do Lytham. 

Yup - summer 2011 included subbing Foos at Isle of Wight and T in the Park, secret set at Glastonbury, headlining Wireless in Hyde Park, co-headlining with The Strokes at Reading & Leeds and 2 nights at Brixton Academy. Busy busy bees indeed.

It'll be interesting to see if it's as concentrated as that again.

4 hours ago, charlierc said:

Yup - summer 2011 included subbing Foos at Isle of Wight and T in the Park, secret set at Glastonbury, headlining Wireless in Hyde Park, co-headlining with The Strokes at Reading & Leeds and 2 nights at Brixton Academy. Busy busy bees indeed.

It'll be interesting to see if it's as concentrated as that again.

That's probably how they are getting so many slots in with an smaller venue do.

No festival is turning down Pulp this year though that they fit at. Difference is where the punter wil go. Like I won't attend Latitude as it's just not me.

11 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Either headlining outright or a very strong sub imo.

No way are they a pyramid headliner if they are headlining Latitude and Lythum. I think some excited fans here are massively over inflating their pull. They were an IOW sub the last time they toured.

Edited by Matt42

10 hours ago, Mich1268 said:

Not hugely following this whole thread. But went to Latitude twice to see various bands. Shit loads of sound bleed unless you are at the main stage. Very full everywhere else other than main stage. A lot of money spent cos you can't take anything in. I shop at Waitrose, Marks and Sparks and Coop plus local shops. I drink wine.  I don't come from Greece but come from Sussex but do have a thirst for knowledge. None of you will ever understand. 

And you will never understand,
How it feels to live your life,
In yoga pants eating poke bowls, 
Four annual holidays for you

Let your flat above a shop,
Buy to let so don’t need a job, 
Make a raspberry fool, 
Collect your kids from private school, 
And you know you’ll get it right, 
Cause when you’re laid in bed at night, 
You know you’ve got it all, 
If you call your dad he’ll give you more yeah

Never live like common people etc 

23 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

No way are they a pyramid headliner if they are headlining Latitude and Lythum. I think some excited fans here are massively over inflating their pull. They were an IOW sub the last time they toured.

The irony of this coming from the guy who said other artists shouldn’t release music the same day as Taylor Swift…

33 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

9 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

The irony of this coming from the guy who said other artists shouldn’t release music the same day as Taylor Swift…

I don't think they will headline the Pyramid but I would absolutely love it to happen just because there's been so many posts like the above.

To me, they're about Cure level so I don't think it's that massive a reach. But I wouldn't stick my neck out for it.

18 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Absolutely not what I said at all. You read into things far too black and white. I said that AM’s team should have moved the release, and I think the numbers back up my point. If they released a different week it would have been a recording breaking #1 album. (100k odd sales).

Releasing the same week as Swift buries that.

But of course you will ignore all the nuance because you’re more focused on trying to make me out as stupid.

Edited by Matt42

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Absolutely not what I said at all. You read into things far too black and white. I said that AM’s team should have moved the release, and I think the numbers back up my point. If they released a different week it would have been a recording breaking #1 album. (100k odd sales).

But of course you will ignore all the nuance because you’re more focused on trying to make me out as stupid.

Same goes if you go against Kanye. Even right now. 

16 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Ah Matthew, you’re too easy you know that? It was only a little poke, you did get a little carried away though. Not everyone cares about Taylor Swift as much as you seem to.

• Like 1