Rock Werchter 2023

BenG92

I listened to some acts I didn't know before from the last drop. I have a question regarding The Reytons - how are they not sued yet lol They have so many songs that straight up sound like something Arctic Monkeys wrote in 2006 and forgot about

Edited by Nicklord
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Judithmt said:

65.0000 vs 88.000. Wouldn't call that much much smaller. Werchter does not sell 65.000 tickets in 15 minutes like Lowlands did. Not headline oriented and not just focussed on music. It has lots of music stages and a proper night line up, but also focusses on theatre, literature, science and art. Many people have been going for years and will buy tickets before the first names drop. 

5 hours ago, Ferda said:

Whoa, I didn't know Lowlands are such a hot festival. Any ideas why it sells out so quickly vs. Werchter? I always thought Lowlands is kinda R&L Euro version...

Judith gave a great answer (although LL does not start selling tickets before they drop the lineup), and I will add that in addition to the diversity of content (unlike RW), there are no day tickets. It's really not as much about the lineup

Edited by Ohad
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nicklord said:

I listened to some acts I didn't know before from the last drop. I have a question regarding The Reytons - how are they not sued yet lol They have so many songs that straight up sound like something Arctic Monkeys wrote in 2006 and forgot about

I think they thought: "well, if Arctic Monkeys refuse to write any decent songs with a memorable hook anymore, I guess we'll have to..."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ohad said:

Judith gave a great answer (although LL does not start selling tickets before they drop the lineup), and I will add that in addition to the diversity of content (unlike RW), there are no day tickets. It's really not as much about the lineup

Am actually old enough to remember they might drop a few names at the start of tickets sales, but it really didn't matter. You'd trust them to deliver so would buy tickets regardless. And It would sell out in a heartbeat. If they would have done so this year I bet it would still have sold out in a day or so. Like you say it's not so much about the line up while RW is.

On 3/3/2023 at 7:28 PM, VCF said:

I mean we would just be missing an early afternoon act if that’s the case?

No way they’re pushing The 1975 and Sam Fender this low on the Main.

Correct… 

but some really regrettable deals who didn’t go trough if you see the final line up… (the case for so many other festivals) maybe they will be there one of the next years

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ken19 said:

Correct… 

but some really regrettable deals who didn’t go trough if you see the final line up… (the case for so many other festivals) maybe they will be there one of the next years

Like you said before, we missed RATMBillie Eilish and Foo Fighters, right? I guess Stromzy wasn't the initial plan for the first day next to Stromae

If we could have something like RATM + Billie + Foo's + Dua Lipa in 2024...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Archi said:

If we could have something like RATM + Billie + Foo's + Dua Lipa in 2024...

Two days with a pop headliner is too much for RW I think. Usually it's one day and even then it's more of a pop-rock kind of headliner (this year's Thursday is an exception not the rule) but that might have changed.

Foo's and RATM (if they ever tour again) are good shouts for 2024. Depeche Mode should be there too if they do festivals next summer as it was said a few months ago. I'd also expect Pearl Jam to be back if the new album is out by then and SOAD owe us one, hopefully next year they'll be around. 

27 minutes ago, Floyd_Ams said:

Two days with a pop headliner is too much for RW I think. Usually it's one day and even then it's more of a pop-rock kind of headliner (this year's Thursday is an exception not the rule) but that might have changed.

Foo's and RATM (if they ever tour again) are good shouts for 2024. Depeche Mode should be there too if they do festivals next summer as it was said a few months ago. I'd also expect Pearl Jam to be back if the new album is out by then and SOAD owe us one, hopefully next year they'll be around. 

I trully hope Pearl Jam will wait at least 2025 to come back. They were already here last year: 2007 - 2010 - 2012 - 2014 - 2018 - 2022... About SOAD, I'd prefer to see them at Graspop, especially if RATM are at RW next year. 

Thursday: Rage Against The Machine + The Smashing Pumpkins + Yungblud.
Friday: Gorillaz + Dua Lipa + Angele.
Saturday: Billie Eilish + My Chemical Romance + Paramore. 
Sunday: Foo Fighters + Post Malone + Maneskin.

This would be too much dreamy for me I guess. But there are a few ideas...

17 hours ago, Ken19 said:

Correct… 

Any chance of being the last main stage band for Thursday? 

38 minutes ago, Floyd_Ams said:

SOAD owe us one, hopefully next year they'll be around. 

3 minutes ago, Archi said:

About SOAD, I'd prefer to see them at Graspop

You don't want SOAD. Serj doesn't want to tour at all, that Vegas show this year will be the most phoned-in, give-me-a-paycheck performance ever. 

Rather they just retire at this point. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Archi said:

I trully hope Pearl Jam will wait at least 2025 to come back. They were already here last year: 2007 - 2010 - 2012 - 2014 - 2018 - 2022... About SOAD, I'd prefer to see them at Graspop, especially if RATM are at RW next year. 

Thursday: Rage Against The Machine + The Smashing Pumpkins + Yungblud.
Friday: Gorillaz + Dua Lipa + Angele.
Saturday: Billie Eilish + My Chemical Romance + Paramore. 
Sunday: Foo Fighters + Post Malone + Maneskin.

This would be too much dreamy for me I guess. But there are a few ideas...

I hear you. It's known that Pearl Jam have a special bond with RW and it's true that they are there too often. Personally, as a huge fan, I don't mind that at all and I'd happily see them every year if I had the chance (not necessarily at RW) but I understand that probably it's not what most people want and maybe it doesn't have a positive reflection on the festival's image .

As for SOAD, I'd be equally happy to see them at Graspop. The thing is that there aren't many metal or hard rock bands of their size that could headline RW and give that different tone to the festival. I miss that when it' not there. In any case, chances are that both RATM and SOAD won't be around again any time soon (if ever), but one can hope.

1 hour ago, Floyd_Ams said:

I hear you. It's known that Pearl Jam have a special bond with RW and it's true that they are there too often. Personally, as a huge fan, I don't mind that at all and I'd happily see them every year if I had the chance (not necessarily at RW) but I understand that probably it's not what most people want and maybe it doesn't have a positive reflection on the festival's image .

As for SOAD, I'd be equally happy to see them at Graspop. The thing is that there aren't many metal or hard rock bands of their size that could headline RW and give that different tone to the festival. I miss that when it' not there. In any case, chances are that both RATM and SOAD won't be around again any time soon (if ever), but one can hope.

I really like the music of Pearl Jam but please, for the love of God, let it rest for a few years. I'm struggling to tell the Pearl Jam shows apart at this point.

I'm coming to this now, as I've had to change plans from sziget to werchter.

It's been a few years since I've been, so just a quick question.

Am I right that you need a hive camping ticket, for the central park opening party arena and other nights?

Also as the Hive sold out, what's the other camps like? Looks a different set up since I last went. 

5 hours ago, thetime said:

I'm coming to this now, as I've had to change plans from sziget to werchter.

It's been a few years since I've been, so just a quick question.

Am I right that you need a hive camping ticket, for the central park opening party arena and other nights?

Also as the Hive sold out, what's the other camps like? Looks a different set up since I last went. 

You do indeed need a ticket for Central Park, unfortunately. 

On 3/13/2023 at 12:17 PM, gingerevans84 said:

Hi all. Just bought my camping tickets for A1. Is there a mad dash at 8am to get in or can I come at Middayish and still find a decent spot?

Showed up there around 10/11 am several times and always found a good spot. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/6/2023 at 4:51 PM, Ken19 said:

Correct… 

@Ken19Do you know if The Cure will be around festivals in August? The American tour ends on July 1st.

Hi all, I'm planning on coming to Werchter this year for the first time. I'm trying to figure out the logisitics of travelling by a plane with a tent all the way from Poland and I was wondering if maybe there is an option of renting a tent somewhere near the festival site (or even in Brussels) instead of buying extra luggage and carrying it all with me? Has anyone heard about something like that? Any info would be much appreciated!