What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2023?

MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

Had a serious work day, including 3 meetings and a performance review. Luckily, almost done so WFH tomorrow to tidy up before hopefully finishing early.

Supercharging the cool box with tonnes of ice. All the cans are in the fridge/freezer along with the frozen cocktails.

Just finished packing the rucksack and checked off the packing list.

Nearly there….

A lot. 

The wife lost my flags..... Camp only....... Found them in a bit of a state but gaffer tape and and wash and there ready to go.... I've had my Canadian one for 25 years now.. The Dorset one at least 15.. This will be the Dorset ones last trip.. She'll be at half mast for 2 glasto friends.. 

Got up at five this morning to do my laundry, frozen a bagful of food, kept an eye on the weather with yr.no app (the Norwegian military weather app, these guys know their sh*t) and generally getting a little bit excited. Going today (working at Glade). Roll on midday.

Carrying a bigger tent this year as I'm setting up and sharing with a mate who's getting in later, so normal packing has been updated. Worked out that by taking the straps off my golf bag I can fashion a carry harness for the tent that will sit below the base of my bergen, so can keep hands free and avoid having to lug the tent across site and ruining my hands.

Packing pile just about sorted, need to finalise clothes today.

Hadn't planned to do it but found the necessary ingredients knocking about in a cupboard, so lemon sherbert vodka has been created.

Aiming to have all work done by lunch so the afternoon can be a relatively easy run in and just get handover notes done.

36 minutes ago, pilton digger said:

it was the principle of playing golf I was getting at, I never took him as a potential local Councillor with tartan trousers

I can think of at least 6 people coming to Glastonbury with me that play golf on a regular basis and none of them are interested in local politics or wear tartan trousers!

Packed last night. Coach is 2pm tomorrow, wanted to be able to chill tonight.

No matter how many times I've been (this is number 9) I still panic about all sorts til I'm there; first time going on the coach, and solo, hasn't helped matters. Someone else taking my tent also makes me paranoid. 

Fast forward 36 hours and everything will be bliss