What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2023?

MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

Also... booked my click and collect slot for Glastonbury Tesco to pick up ice cubes, and a few other fresh items before rolling into the campervan fields 👍🏼 Saves us having to keep everything cold while we're exploring Glastonbury town in the days before hand. 

Slots are available now if you need to do the same! Feels like Christmas 🤣

9 minutes ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Also... booked my click and collect slot for Glastonbury Tesco to pick up ice cubes, and a few other fresh items before rolling into the campervan fields 👍🏼 Saves us having to keep everything cold while we're exploring Glastonbury town in the days before hand. 

Slots are available now if you need to do the same! Feels like Christmas 🤣

those poor workers wanting too get away and enjoy the festival 🙂 

9 hours ago, dotdash79 said:

Sorted the bag of bits and really slimmed the amount we take down. Some bit I wouldn’t take but it stuff like first aid kits etc. 

also got new phone sims for data on the farm and kendal calling. 

After a slow start I am now on it:

* checked the glasto camping stock to see what is needed. Luckily, not a lot it seems! 

* gave my tent a good airing in the garden and then got my boyfriend to repack it 😄

* started the schedule - went pretty deep into the Woodsies playlist and found so much good stuff! Strummerville next. 

* did some outfit planning - mostly same as last year, but if aint broke, don't fix it

Just now, Dave_c said:

Am I the only one on here that does absolutely nothing until the day before where I do the lot in one go? 

I'm pretty much the same.

I have all my camping gear in one area of our garage so its easily accessible, the only thing I do the weekend before the festival is check is that everything is in order, and take my power bank out to charge it. Otherwise its just a booze/snacks run after work at Tesco then home to pack on the Tuesday night....

4 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I'm pretty much the same.

I have all my camping gear in one area of our garage so its easily accessible, the only thing I do the weekend before the festival is check is that everything is in order, and take my power bank out to charge it. Otherwise its just a booze/snacks run after work at Tesco then home to pack on the Tuesday night....

Yep, exactly the same, charge power bank and make up some Bakewell vodka, that's about my preparations until the Tuesday.

24 minutes ago, Dave_c said:

Yep, exactly the same, charge power bank and make up some Bakewell vodka, that's about my preparations until the Tuesday.

I think over time you learn what you need/don't need and its like packing for a holiday for me now...kinda do it on autopilot.

My only slight concern is my rucksack which has served me since the mid-90s has a very slight split in it between the back board and the main bag bit, and my camping chair I've had since 2015 is going the same way at where the arm poles go through the seat part....may need to replace both next summer. 🙂 

Edited by gooner1990

Aired the tent on some parkland on the banks of The Mersey on Saturday (Otterspool Prom) Police man came over from a unmarked car and said you cant camp here. He looked about 12 (I'm getting old) explained I was only airing my tent for Glastonbury and he said thats OK then. 

Tent is fine for another year.

1 hour ago, gooner1990 said:

I think over time you learn what you need/don't need and its like packing for a holiday for me now...kinda do it on autopilot.

My only slight concern is my rucksack which has served me since the mid-90s has a very slight split in it between the back board and the main bag bit, and my camping chair I've had since 2015 is going the same way at where the arm poles go through the seat part....may need to replace both next summer. 🙂 

yeah same

although i still like reading what others are doing in here 🙂 

2 hours ago, Dave_c said:

Am I the only one on here that does absolutely nothing until the day before where I do the lot in one go? 

I'm also like this, but without the space and organisation of you and @gooner1990

I have a list that I carry forward year after year, but it varies depending if I'm in coach or general and then the stuff is shoved under beds or into crevices in cupboards. 

I think it's probably nearly time to check I've still got the stuff on the list 😊