Arctic Monkeys

FloorFiller

Quite like that new one - actually got a bit of something going on rather than the fairly mellow and formless other singles. Hope there’s more on the album like this with a bit of body to then, even if it is a bit of a shame that Alex seems to largely be foregoing actual singing for this loungey talk-singing thing he’s doing these days. 

19 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Quite like that new one - actually got a bit of something going on rather than the fairly mellow and formless other singles. Hope there’s more on the album like this with a bit of body to then, even if it is a bit of a shame that Alex seems to largely be foregoing actual singing for this loungey talk-singing thing he’s doing these days. 

Feel like this is the most formless one yet. Feels like it is going nowhere. 

The new one intrigues me a little as the strings on the studio version feel like they take the song in an interesting and different direction. I liked the original funky live version (if after a few listens) but the extra part takes it somewhere quite pleasant.

Mirrorball is quite a cool sad song. Body Paint I go back and forth on - feel like the rock part at the end should be heavier.

9 minutes ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

That latest one has grown on me quite quickly. Still isn’t what I wanted from them.

Biggest injustice is Humbug never got a part 2 and TBHAC has. 😭

100% agree. Humbug will always be my favourite AM album, I even adored Suck It & See, but they've kind of lost me since then. I loved the last Puppets album, and thought TBHAC sounded like offcuts of stuff Miles and Alex didn't use for it, it just didn't hit right at all with me.

10 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

I've completely written them off in terms of new music now.

Both the last album and the stuff released so far from this one is so far from I've enjoyed from those previous to it.

I feel the same.

Especially since I saw that 'Alex Turner ordering at a restaurant' piss take... I can't get past that now 😂