Who are you hoping for in 2023?

LinvoyPrimus

I finally got tickets for the first time and not been on this forum for a while to avoid increasing my disappointment!! 

The Prodigy
Fleetwood Mac
Coldplay
Royal Blood
Blink 182
Eminem
Wu Tang Clan
War On Drugs
Pulp
Fatboy Slim
Carl Cox
Pendulum
The Bracknall
Editors
OCS
Janelle Monae
Hot Chip
Richard Ashcroft
The Ratpack
Razorlight
Sam Fender
Either Gallagher brother - (Preferably Oasis but that's never going to happen)

No particular thought given to the feasibility or likelihood of these, but having 5 or 6 of these would be great..

Bloc Party
The War on Drugs
Enter Shikari
Khruangbin
Dry Cleaning
Future Islands
Jungle
Jimmy Eat World
Loyle Carner
Fred Again..
Metronomy
The Chemical Brothers

1 minute ago, Steel city camper said:

Maximo park 

Tears for fears 

Suede 

Elton 

Snoop

White lies 

Bloc party 

Bombay bycle club

Prodigy 

Fleetwood mac 

Queen 

Arctic monkeys 

Blur

Dr dre

Happy Mondays 

Chase and status 

Beyonce 

Future islands 

And lots of drum n bass/jungle

Some good stuff in there.

Queen is never going to happen, ME and Brian May don't get on. Fleetwood Mac famously ask for too much cash.

19 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Why so many shouts for War on Drugs, they're dull as dishwater.

Strong agree.  I know this gets banded around a lot but every track sounds the same.  And by the same, I mean like a bad, overproduced Springsteen B-side from the 80's.

1 hour ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Strong agree.  I know this gets banded around a lot but every track sounds the same.  And by the same, I mean like a bad, overproduced Springsteen B-side from the 80's.

Lost in The Dream is miles better than anything Springsteen ever made. In Reverse, In Chains, Eyes to the Wind, Under the Pressure, Red Eyes, An Ocean Between the Waves... these songs are up there as the greatest rock songs ever written tbh. They're an amazing live act too. I do admit their latest album isn't very good though, if that's what you're basing your opinion off

3 hours ago, BambooShanks said:

Fred again headlining West holts on Sunday just feels so right that it needs to happen

Hans Zimmer, pavement, QOTSA, 2manydjs, bjork, Rodrigo y gabriella, polyphia, RATM, beardyman, aphex twin, modeselektor / moderat, justice, mybaby..

I'd be made up if even 1 or 2 of them end up on the farm. 

Oh god yes Beardyman. Used to tell my other half he was my second husband 😂

5 hours ago, Skip997 said:

Some good stuff in there.

Queen is never going to happen, ME and Brian May don't get on. Fleetwood Mac famously ask for too much cash.

ME isn't that involved anymore with bookings. could 100% happen

Hey all, Finally got tickets again after a few years off. Hoping for 

QOTSA

Elton

Prodigy

Billy Joel legends slot 

Bombay Bicycle Club 

Lizzo 

Sub Focus live 

Royal Blood 

RATM 

Pulp 

Orbital 

Fleet Foxes 

Shy FX, Andy C and loads of other decent DnB

think some of these will make it to the farm! Can’t wait to get back there - been going since ‘95. 

Edited by timmus26

13 hours ago, downtherabbithole said:

Lost in The Dream is miles better than anything Springsteen ever made. In Reverse, In Chains, Eyes to the Wind, Under the Pressure, Red Eyes, An Ocean Between the Waves... these songs are up there as the greatest rock songs ever written tbh. They're an amazing live act too. I do admit their latest album isn't very good though, if that's what you're basing your opinion off

I think many would question that assertion.

I've tried listening to them a few times, pretty much every time a new album comes out I give it a go.  Plus they are always all over 6Music so I hear the singles quite a bit.  Every time it just washes over me and I forget it the instant it stops.

Appreciate they have a huge, loyal following but I just don't get it.  Not for me I guess.

Same for me. Local rock radio loves them and always gets super excited when they have new material out and everytime I hear the same song.

Saw them lug their gear once to crows nest by foot though and they were putting in the effort. That's a plus point.

As for the topic of this thread, I still want Fiona Apple to show up. Once. Please.

10 hours ago, gfa said:

ME isn't that involved anymore with bookings. could 100% happen

No it couldn't It's more Brian May than ME as it's related to badger cull. ME tends to forgive easily but I'd doubt Brian May does. 

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2019/oct/25/queen-reject-glastonbury-claims-after-clash-with-festival-founder#:~:text=Brian May has said Queen,50th anniversary event next year.

• Thanks 1

Massive Attack is a top one for me. Had to pull out of Primavera for health but I think that's looking better. Still an Other Stage headliner?

QOTSA would be great, not seen them in years.

Nas, Loyle Carner, OFF!, The Comet is Coming, Black Thought, Meridian Brothers, Florist, Just Mustard, Angel Olsen, The Smile, Moderate, Fontaines D.C., Ibibio Sound Machine, Rosalia, Beach House, BCNR make up most of my new listening for the year. Any/all of the above.  

Gonna add Radiohead as they're still my #1 bucket list item but I think the chances of that are beyond nil.

Edited by BenG92