LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

1 minute ago, Franco Baresi said:

Christ, we've reached new levels of boredom. Give us something please! Arghh.

it could be like this for the next month ... Strap in 🙂 .... Reckon we might get more self confirms as the info around artists becomes less tight also 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, westholtschic said:

Yes it was the Chems 

Don't want to add hurt to anyone who missed it, but they were great that night.  Less so when they came back in 2019.  Much less.

1 hour ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Don't want to add hurt to anyone who missed it, but they were great that night.  Less so when they came back in 2019.  Much less.

This is what gripes me the most.  Everyone I know who saw the chems that night described it as a near religious experience.  I caught them in 2019 and just wasn't feeling it that night.

9 minutes ago, Spindles said:

This is what gripes me the most.  Everyone I know who saw the chems that night described it as a near religious experience.  I caught them in 2019 and just wasn't feeling it that night.

I enjoyed the 2019 Chems show but I don't think that the audience really helped matters. Lot's of very loud talkers around us...

4 hours ago, Spindles said:

It really was special. Still got it saved on my Sky Q box and watch it back regularly. Atmosphere in the crowd was something else. 

9 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

There's never been an announcement on Valentine's day before, so if one comes tomorrow it will be a first.

In other news, it's getting closer to that time...

Screenshot_20240213_182904_Chrome.jpg.059d289776705d61d4972df40b5c2141.jpg

tomorrow for the hatrick of consecutive day announcements then 🙂 

18 hours ago, Spindles said:

I've seen them multiple times on the farm (at least 5, possibly more) always thought their 2007 performance was the best one I've seen. 

11 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I've seen them multiple times on the farm (at least 5, possibly more) always thought their 2007 performance was the best one I've seen. 

Seen them 3 times , twice at the farm. Thought they were better in 2019 but I was right at the front and had a lot of apple juice and vodka. Can’t wait to see them next month at the Albert Hall.

On 2/11/2024 at 4:40 PM, gigpusher said:

The reformed REM could happen!! 

I still feel sad that their break was announced without any fanfare or farewell shows - just “we’re done” and that was it. Their last UK tour for Accelerate sold so poorly that they had to downgrade to the arena in Cardiff and the top tier was closed at Twickenham at what was their last ever UK show. https://www.theguardian.com/music/2008/aug/11/rem.downsize.gig

I remember money was very tight that summer and I couldn’t afford to go but if I’d known that these were their last ever shows, I’d have sold something to make sure I could have been there

6 minutes ago, Drinky said:

I still feel sad that their break was announced without any fanfare or farewell shows - just “we’re done” and that was it. Their last UK tour for Accelerate sold so poorly that they had to downgrade to the arena in Cardiff and the top tier was closed at Twickenham at what was their last ever UK show. https://www.theguardian.com/music/2008/aug/11/rem.downsize.gig

I remember money was very tight that summer and I couldn’t afford to go but if I’d known that these were their last ever shows, I’d have sold something to make sure I could have been there

Yeah, out with a whimper rather than a bang. Last time I saw them was Rock Werchter in 2008. They were (as usual) bloody marvellous, but I didn't know at the time that it would be the last time I'd get to see them live. 

29 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Lineup on a piece of merch in the Glastonbury Town Oxfam shop... wouldn't be completely off brand would it?

That's where Stormzy was announced (along with the branch closest to where he grew up), sounds like a plan.

Someone get down there, check inside everything!