LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

22 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

Inbetween Fred other and fourtet icon? Bit tight isn’t it?

18 minutes ago, MrSpaM said:

I think it may be Roni Size and Reprezent considering he's already confirmed he's playing on his tour poster, and he doesnt seem to be anywhere on the lineup?

Fair, I missed FT's timing on IICON. 

2 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Try going on Clashfinder - I was also a bit downbeat about the lineup, but two out of three days are now packed!

there's plenty of stuff i'll be more than happy to see - Liberators, Ecoli, DJ Producer, BlackSkyWhite, Channel One, LTJ Bukem, Pronghorn, Rompas Reggae...

but nothing that i would go out of my way to specifically see...

and thats just the way i likes it!

25 minutes ago, deepkittycaz said:

Does look like there's no replacement home for the small indie bands now that Williams Green has gone  😞

Glastonbury has been moving in that direction for the last few festivals which drove my decision to not go for tickets this year.

The size/type of acts I like and what Glastonbury has been increasingly booking has moved further apart.

35 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

trying to keep up .... we haven't figured out the @Gnomicide post yet have we ? or was that pulp ?

Well...
I was told The Lightning Seeds were the Other opener (wrong!). I figured that would get a largley "meh but makes sense" response.
I was also told there was a TBA on Friday Pyramid so figured that would cause lots of debate over who it was but now they've stuck a fake name in, maybe not so much.

40 minutes ago, nikkic said:

She's very different from Folamour, Ewan M and Camelphat, just FYI!

I'm such a novice, I probably won't notice 😅

I like her though so far. Just need to compare to other late night destinations, see where best to boogie.

EDIT: Okay, I can hear the difference now. Trippier.

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

7 minutes ago, ahoykatie said:

bit sad to see that Guilty Pleasures will only be an hour long! Anyone able to pick out any cheesey late night sets for those of us who don't know jack about electronic music? 😛 

Other than Guilty Pleasures I can’t see much and have the same dilemma. Rhythm of the 90’s in Croissant Neuf and that’s about it. Real shame, loved the 12-3:00am stuff in Williams Green and it’s just disappeared. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Other than Guilty Pleasures I can’t see much and have the same dilemma. Rhythm of the 90’s in Croissant Neuf and that’s about it. Real shame, loved the 12-3:00am stuff in Williams Green and it’s just disappeared. 

I will definitely try to be at Rhythm of the 90s! but yeah you're right, the Thursday silent disco seems to have died a death as well - need my cheese fix!

Williams Green and all of the type of stuff that was usually housed there more or less being wiped from the lineup is a huge shame and definitely makes the lineup seem a bit incomplete imo. Obviously some similar stuff is on early doors in Woodsies, but there’s a gaping hole of up and coming acts that Glastonbury has always been great at accommodating just… gone. 

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Williams Green and all of the type of stuff that was usually housed there more or less being wiped from the lineup is a huge shame and definitely makes the lineup seem a bit incomplete imo. Obviously some similar stuff is on early doors in Woodsies, but there’s a gaping hole of up and coming acts that Glastonbury has always been great at accommodating just… gone. 

I thought the BBC Introducing would accommodate a lot of those bands? 

28 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I feel like I'd rather have paid £10 more to have it there so those bands get a chance.. I realise that is contentious in this cost of living crisis, but otherwise it seems hard to get your foot in the door at Glasto.

22 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I thought the BBC Introducing would accommodate a lot of those bands? 

They do seem to be- Stone, Coach Party etc.

I'm gutted Dylan is on the time she is, she's great but the gf wants to watch Royal Blood. This year will mark the 3rd time I've seen then live and I somehow dislike them more each time!!

• Upvote 1