LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

Just now, Twiggy553 said:

I watched “withnail and I” on a comedown once. Made my skin crawl like i’d been living in a bag of rats for a week

I'm really not surprised.

First time I watched it I thought it was quite funny. Second time I thought it was dark, disturbing and sad.

3 hours ago, Skip997 said:

This

Never understood why people spend time watching films at Glastonbury.

one of my favorite Glasto memories is watching the Goonies in the old out door cinema field (it was about the only thing to do on a Thursday) the crowd was huge and so into the movie shouting out lines and just having a great time

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I can understand the draw of seeing real life celebs actors/writers/producers talk about their work, but my understanding is that that doesn't actually happen very much. From last year, think there were 4 intros from 28 films - of those four, only 2 were well-known. There certainly wasn't any Sam Rockwell presenting Moon when I went - if there was, I might have been there from the start, I suppose, because in general I am a massive TV and film fan, but the idea of just seeing a film on its own without any celebrity intro, I'm not really a fan of.

Whereas I'll happily go to the T&C for a chill and watch some brilliant live shows, sitting in a tent watching a film I've probably seen before or could whack on my projector at home doesn't seem as interesting. I mean, last year they had the Greatest Showman on - already 5 years released by that time. Meanwhile, the greatest festival in the world was actually going on outside.

And I know PP is part of Glastonbury and people are welcome to go and watch etc, but if for example they had a video game tent as well in Silver Hayes or something, I wouldn't go there either to play Zelda for 3 hours. I'm sure some people would though.

Just personal preference.

EDIT - just before anyone misinterprets my post, I'm just expressing my preference, not saying PP shouldn't exist etc.

Exactly. Personal preference. Nothing wrong with going to see a film at the Pilton Palais. Nothing wrong with not going. I've just seen this years line up and will definitely be paying it a few visits. I'll do the same with the Theatre and Circus field too. I love Glastonbury. So many options 🙂

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, donthaveacoolname said:

one of my favorite Glasto memories is watching the Goonies in the old out door cinema field (it was about the only thing to do on a Thursday) the crowd was huge and so into the movie shouting out lines and just having a great time

Yes I have a similar memory of watching Ghostbusters in the old outdoor field in the rain on a Thurs night! Lots of fun. Must have been 2007. Haven’t been to cinema there since, but do agree it’s a good option for those who want to go. There’s definitely something for everyone which is part of the magic. 

5 hours ago, donthaveacoolname said:

That was 2005, and the first night I ever spent at Glastonbury 😊 then it absolutely shat down with three inches of rain in a couple of hours, and everything flooded just a few yards from where we camped 🤣 excellent introduction to the place 

6 minutes ago, Ashl said:

I've never seen this tent/bar? Any idea where it is?

Edit: A google says Leftfield, where is it in relation to the Leftfield tent?

It's the old Kasbah. On the path from Leftfield to West Holts.

11 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

We've had an announcement every day for the past seven working days, haven't we? 

Using the power of positive thought, join me in manifesting Acoustic today, Block 9 tomorrow and the full lineup on Friday, setting us right, to what looks like it's gonna be a gloriously sunny bank holiday weekend.

I'm with you my man, what could be better than sitting in the Bank Holiday sun with the clashfinder in hand?!