2023 Stage Predictions

12 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Definitely could be, they were third down at the peak of their popularity in 2017 and they've fizzled out since. Elbow did third this year and their 2021 tour was massive. 

Oh I didn’t mean they couldn’t play 3rd I meant it’s all a bit samey

1 minute ago, sisco said:

Oh I didn’t mean they couldn’t play 3rd I meant it’s all a bit samey

Ahh right, yeah possibly then although it's not a bad 1-2-3 punch for those looking for it. Rock Werchter this year was RB > Killers > RHCP in a row and it worked well. 

18 hours ago, BenG92 said:

Ahh right, yeah possibly then although it's not a bad 1-2-3 punch for those looking for it. Rock Werchter this year was RB > Killers > RHCP in a row and it worked well. 

Thats Rock Werchter though, Glastonbury is far more varied and tries actively not to just stack up bands on the main stage

3 minutes ago, gfa said:

Thats Rock Werchter though, Glastonbury is far more varied and tries actively not to just stack up bands on the main stage

Quite true, I think I was just looking at 2022's run of Haim > Noel > Macca and thinking it not unreasonable. Given AM are now a crooner Bowie tribute act you could probably get away with it! 

• 2 weeks later...

Given we know James are playing in Bristol on the Friday night, and therefore are hopeful to be at Glasto - what kind of stage/slot do you think they might have?  I had a look at the last time they played to get an idea but they opened the Other on the Friday morning so not that good a gauge.

Loving their latest album so keen to see them. 

19 minutes ago, Steffie1986 said:

Given we know James are playing in Bristol on the Friday night, and therefore are hopeful to be at Glasto - what kind of stage/slot do you think they might have?  I had a look at the last time they played to get an idea but they opened the Other on the Friday morning so not that good a gauge.

Loving their latest album so keen to see them. 

John Peel headliner Sunday maybe ? 
I would be all over it if so , no real interest in seeing Elton .

32 minutes ago, JMB01 said:

John Peel headliner Sunday maybe ? 
I would be all over it if so , no real interest in seeing Elton .

Could see James very empty at headliner time especially against Elton John. Maybe mid other would be better? Pyramid afternoon even