2023 Stage Predictions

1 hour ago, Sorcha17 said:

Friday

Pyramid - AM, Pulp, Gwen Stefani, Madness, Wet Leg, Gregory Porter, The Lathums

Other - The Prodigy, Two Door, Stromae, Caroline Polachek, Nathaniel Rateliff, Yungblud, Franz Ferdinand(openers)

WH - Rosalia, Pusha T, Denzel Curry, Arlo Parks, Meute

JP - Rufus Du Sol, BCNR, The Chats, The Amazons

Park - Sigur Ros, Editors, Marcus Mumford, Orville Peck

Saturday

Pyramid - GNR, Lizzo, Lewis Capaldi, Central Cee, Mahalia, The Kooks, Yard Act

Other - Sam Smith, Halsey, Loyle Carner, Holly Humberstone, Belle & Sebastian, Mabel

WH - Fred Again, Young Fathers, Genesis Owusu, Joesef, Ashnikko

JP - James, Tash Sultana, Death Grips, City & Colour

Park - Suede, Yung Lean, Ezra Furman, Bleachers

Sunday

Pyramid- Elton, Florence, Lil Nas X, Duran Duran, Sparks, Gabriels, Mika

Other - QOTSA, Black Keys, Bombay Bicycle Club, Wombats, Becky Hill, Shed Seven

WH - FKA Twigs, Pa Salieu, Sault, Kelis, Alvvays

JP - Pendulum, Aitch, Nova Twins, Tems

Park - M83, Hudson Mohawke, Bloc Party, Rina Sawayama

I think Bloc party, yungblud, editors are too low and two door / central cee are too high. solid though

45 minutes ago, sisco said:

I’ve literally no idea who is subbing/headlining the other.  There are so so many choices:

Lizzo, Doja Cat, Lil Nas X, Kasabian, Lewis Capaldi, Royal Blood, Sam Smith, Lana Del Rey, Pulp, The Prodigy, Paolo Nutini, QOTSA

judging by the nature of the headliners, i would potentially (and regrettably) rule out the likes of QOTSA, RB and Kasabian, however i would absolutely love to see a rock-heavy lineup. Sam Smith and Lewis Capaldi i could see as Pyramid subs myself but i could be wrong (either way i won't be there). Pulp, Prodigy and Doja seems a balanced mix in all 

3 hours ago, Sorcha17 said:

Friday

Other - The Prodigy, Two Door, Stromae, Caroline Polachek, Nathaniel Rateliff, Yungblud, Franz Ferdinand(openers)

Saturday

Other - Sam Smith, Halsey, Loyle Carner, Holly Humberstone, Belle & Sebastian, Mabel

Sunday

H6hNqtA.jpg

Loyle Carner played 4th down Other in 2019, don’t see him moving up one step. he’s definitely West Holts headlinerish level now, maybe 3rd down Pyramid.

Also think that’s probably too low for Kelis.

also Arlo Parks is not suited to West Holts at all - much better suited to Pyramid/Other/JP given she’s done Park (and guested on both Pyramid and JP in 2022).

3 hours ago, Skip997 said:

People have to live with insane clashes, I had possibly my worst ever this year, Bicep vs Kendrick vs PSB.

Went to PSB, still not sure I made the right decision.

I went Kendrick, definitely the right choice. (Have seen Pet Shop Boys before.) Gutted I missed Bicep, but there will be other chances... 

27 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

I went Kendrick, definitely the right choice. (Have seen Pet Shop Boys before.) Gutted I missed Bicep, but there will be other chances... 

4 hours ago, Skip997 said:

People have to live with insane clashes, I had possibly my worst ever this year, Bicep vs Kendrick vs PSB.

Went to PSB, still not sure I made the right decision.

Same clash for me... Bicep vs PSB. Was at the barrier for PSB. It was worth it, but worst clash and know bicep would have been equally good or better. 

13 hours ago, Sorcha17 said:

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

H6hNqtA.jpg

Stacked! Only issue is the subs/other bits others have said.

10 hours ago, Freddyflintstonree said:

Same clash for me... Bicep vs PSB. Was at the barrier for PSB. It was worth it, but worst clash and know bicep would have been equally good or better. 

If you knew Bicep would be as good or better, surely you'd go for Bicep?

Tough one for me too - along with saturday like 5pm-10pm kind of time

5 minutes ago, gfa said:

PSB do all seated gigs these days. Can see the appeal of picking them over Bicep when Bicep are pretty easy to catch elsewhere rn. 

9 minutes ago, Muppetmark said:

PSB do all seated gigs these days. Can see the appeal of picking them over Bicep when Bicep are pretty easy to catch elsewhere rn. 

Yeah that was my thinking - they do a fair few fests but yeah. None of our lot did PSB in the end - 2 at Bicep and 5 at Kendrick

3 hours ago, gfa said:

I'd have said the same if I went to Bicep. There's no way of knowing in advance which will be better, so 'equally good or better' for both is a prediction rather than a contradiction. (this makes sense in my head... 😅

Arctic Monkeys, Lana Del Rey, Royal Blood

Guns N Roses, Lizzo, Paolo Nutini 

Elton John, Pulp, Lil Nas X

Sam Smith, The Prodigy and QOTSA headlining the other.

Thats where I’m at atm (it’ll change in 5 mins).  Only thing is…. Not much female representation is there. 

34 minutes ago, sisco said:

Arctic Monkeys, Lana Del Rey, Royal Blood

Guns N Roses, Lizzo, Paolo Nutini 

Elton John, Pulp, Lil Nas X

Sam Smith, The Prodigy and QOTSA headlining the other.

Thats where I’m at atm (it’ll change in 5 mins).  Only thing is…. Not much female representation is there. 

You have two female subs, it can't just be booked 50/50 for the sake of it. If they booked another high female option that people though no way are they big enough then that would get a grilling too.

I'd like to see LDR be announced for something first. I forgot about Nutini. I doubt Lil Nas X is getting a Sunday slot. I am sure when it was mentioned unofficially about AM ages ago, RB were playing the same day as them.

Also, if Paramore aren't on the Reading lineup tomorrow which currently we aren't expecting it given neither guy is suggesting it. I can only see a big Glastonbury slot or an APE slot and I just don't think they are an APE band. Also on another note, their new song is pretty good. It gives me some vibes of where Paramore were, the pop crush had disappeared and some rock came back in. 

I'm currently going Paramore, Pulp, Lizzo to sub.

21 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

You have two female subs, it can't just be booked 50/50 for the sake of it. If they booked another high female option that people though no way are they big enough then that would get a grilling too.

I'd like to see LDR be announced for something first. I forgot about Nutini. I doubt Lil Nas X is getting a Sunday slot. I am sure when it was mentioned unofficially about AM ages ago, RB were playing the same day as them.

Also, if Paramore aren't on the Reading lineup tomorrow which currently we aren't expecting it given neither guy is suggesting it. I can only see a big Glastonbury slot or an APE slot and I just don't think they are an APE band. Also on another note, their new song is pretty good. It gives me some vibes of where Paramore were, the pop crush had disappeared and some rock came back in. 

I'm currently going Paramore, Pulp, Lizzo to sub.

Paramore could fully do APE - they have a very flexible booking policy

I think they’re gonna have a female Other headliner, especially now that they don’t have one on the Pyramid. I know the 50/50 thing just means the lineup overall, but they clearly made an effort this year to make sure female acts were topping at least one night on every main stage, so I think that’ll continue. One of Lizzo or Halsey would be my bet as a counter to one of AM or GnR.

Arctic Monkeys / QOTSA

Lizzo

Guns N Roses / Paramore

Sam Smith

Elton John / Pulp

The Prodigy

Would be gutted to miss The Prodigy but by selfishly ordering the acts this way I'd get a QOTSA/Lizzo combo on the Friday and Pulp/Elton to close. Do think with 3 male headliners they'd want at least one female Other headliner and I'm not sure who else would realistically be an option. That being said, Lizzo subbing Elton is the dream. Though could easily see her 3rd down, post-legend ala Miley with Pulp subbing. That would be an amazing trio to end the festival on. 

1 hour ago, kingbadger said:

Arctic Monkeys / QOTSA

Lizzo

Guns N Roses / Paramore

Sam Smith

Elton John / Pulp

The Prodigy

Would be gutted to miss The Prodigy but by selfishly ordering the acts this way I'd get a QOTSA/Lizzo combo on the Friday and Pulp/Elton to close. Do think with 3 male headliners they'd want at least one female Other headliner and I'm not sure who else would realistically be an option. That being said, Lizzo subbing Elton is the dream. Though could easily see her 3rd down, post-legend ala Miley with Pulp subbing. That would be an amazing trio to end the festival on. 

Fully agree, no way the top 6 slots (excluding legend slot) don’t have a female headliner.

Doja Cat could do it if she’s touring, as could Lizzo. 

Both would be great tbh.