BBC Coverage 2022

Cooter

1 minute ago, K2SO said:

Just watching some footage on iPlayer at home... Have they cut lots of bits? I feel like Sam Fender has a lot of his moments where he was talking to the crowd cut from the upload. Also there seems to be sets missing. I can't find Charli XCX or Confidence Man for some reason.

If you can’t find sets then try searching for them instead of going through the whole list - that’s how I found Confidence Man after briefly worrying that it hadn’t been filmed (and it’s just as good on TV as it was whilst there - what a fun act).

Just now, FloorFiller said:

If you can’t find sets then try searching for them instead of going through the whole list - that’s how I found Confidence Man after briefly worrying that it hadn’t been filmed (and it’s just as good on TV as it was whilst there - what a fun act).

Yeah I did a search for Charli but it's not showing it for me. Strange. I'm sure it'll turn up

54 minutes ago, panda97 said:

yeah iconic moment, find it weird that they cut it from iplayer but uploaded it to youtube, at least it is available somewhere I guess!

I think they know the youtube hits are more important because everyones going to be able to access that and at least they gave into doing this for once instead of holding back. Still stupid to not have an entire intact performance.

Edited by Suprefan

3 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

I think they know the youtube hits are more important because everyones going to be able to access that and at least they gave into doing this for once of holding back.

yeah true, makes sense about Youtube being more accessible, just a bit of a buzzkill it being missing from the overall set!

I think it's just a really easy thing not to do, and if somebody tells me they'd prefer me to not do it, that's that. I wouldn't say the slur so I won't sing it either.

Can't wait to get stuck into the coverage tomorrow, not sure if I want to relive Foals or watch Billie who we missed as a result. 

Edited by mttJ

12 hours ago, panda97 said:

Didn't realise BBC decided to censor Olivia Rodrigo's performance and cut out the whole speech/song with Lily Allen from the set uploaded to iplayer, pretty spineless of them

They cut it out? That's awful. Maybe bleep the fucks if it's broadcast in the daytime, but everyone should be allowed to say what they want.

20 minutes ago, deepkittycaz said:

Bit gutted about that - she was my headliner choice for Sunday, but I physically wasn't up to it, so went to the Cabaret tent instead.

Me too. My girlfriend's family watched it at home so it was definitely all recorded. They spotted us on TV a lot apparently!

• Like 1

Been watching some of the sets today and I've got to say this seems like some of the worst coverage the BBC has done. It's bad enough that Charli is missing, but they seem to have cut little bits of sets out.

The Olivia Rodrigo bit seems to be well documented as well, but watching Sam Fender and Confidence Man, it seems like they've cut little bits out where the artists were interacting with the crowd or just the short breaks between songs. Feels so unnecessary to me.

Ok, so got back yesterday and knackered after the 5 hour driver had to have some recoup time. Off now from work until the 5th so now i can wallow in the 3 days music that was. I've gone through the acts on the televised stages and will watch those i missed because of clashes and those i watched. I've counted 30, so will keep me occupied. I think it might just reaffirm my love for the place. What i love when watching these back are the crowd reactions, full of enjoyment. How could you not want to be a part of it.

Edited by ghandi

3 hours ago, glastobird said:

Are they missing the day by day highlights or am I not looking hard enough for them? We've got Thursday highlights, but theres usually one per day isn't there? 

The Billie show under TV section has a lot of that days stuff on it as well.