The Weather Thread 2023

tazbang

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

If it's 35° in the shade - At that point, I'd probably not go. 

I'd definitely be with you in that circumstance, in that I'd really struggle with it... I'd probably still go, but I wouldn't be day drinking for sure. 

16 minutes ago, briddj said:

The 18Z looks.... promising...

It does... if that little mole hill can grow upwards, from France, a little more over the weekend, and keep that low off the south west away... 🙂 

Edit: Never mind, the low won... Outlier... TWIST

Edited by Alvoram

28 minutes ago, briddj said:

Weekend completely dry on the 18Z.

Massive improvement, temps 21, 24, 23, 23, 23.

Good night!

The best news really (and something actually worth looking at this early) Is that most runs on both GFS and ECMWF suggest there doesn't seem to be much rain around in the next week or so, just a few passing showers... Site will be fine. 🙂 

About 3cm total between now and Sunday 25th on the GFS

GFSOPEU18_384_18.png.31799330b054b588773c40c9fc0fa05e.png

And about 1 to 1.5cm total between now and Mon 19th June on the ECMWF

ECMOPEU12_240_18.png.8834498fab31ed7d70945b7bc5aa3d9d.png

Touch wood obviously 🤞

Edited to add... To put this into context... Despite the scary images of showers... 0.5cm to 4cm of rain PER HOUR, is classed as a moderate rain shower. That's per hour, signs suggest we're getting less than that spread over the next 15 days!!! 

617386937_Screenshot2023-06-10004926.jpg.a0912b6a0b655a7220acd55e0837f1d1.jpg

Touch wood again. 🤞

Edited by Alvoram
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, KidneyTerra said:

I’ve always been curious about what the litter pickers find.  What sort of things did you pick up?

Mainly drugs and money. A lot of coins. All together in the week I did the Other stage I found about £50 in shrapnel. Also it was the World Cup in 94 and I found 20 World Cup design acid tabs in a little baggie. Which of course I handed in to the Police…

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

The rollercoaster hits another climb. 

Time to rethink my packing. Again. 

We need a series of alternatives to pack for (I think I need a bigger wardrobe):

Hot and dry

Hot and wet

Cold and dry

Cold and wet

Last days on earth survival kit

Well it’s all change with the midnight run of the GFS.   It has completely flipped and now gives us a completely dry festival.  But it gives with one hand and takes with the other.   It puts the High pressure over Scandinavia and the North Sea giving us a warm continental feed so temperatures rise by the day:

Wednesday: 24

Thursday: 25

Friday: 28

Saturday: 30

Sunday: 31

IMG_7519.jpeg.33421325abe89a1c58d4959c7892618c.jpeg

IMG_7518.thumb.jpeg.eb428a8f8a1c27f86283ac7c48a88d55.jpeg

Low pressure still lurks nearby to our south, so this is bound to change again over the next 10 days. Let the rollercoaster continue!

10 minutes ago, Phoenix Girl said:

Wakes up, checks the weather thread. Don’t know why because I don’t believe any of the forecasts anyway. 

Absolutely! I’ve become really obsessed with this thread, despite it being wayyyy too early and not understanding any of the pictures. 🤣

• Upvote 1