The Weather Thread 2023

tazbang

1 hour ago, ICGenie said:

I think you're mistaking the 25 for a 35. 25 degrees is just a nice balmy summer's day.

On that note, since when did 30 degrees become the "danger zone" rather than just "summer"?

25 is not 25 though. Its 25 in the Shade... no shade at Glastonbury.

18 and dry? Wont even need to take a Hoodie. Lovely stuff.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, ICGenie said:

I think you're mistaking the 25 for a 35. 25 degrees is just a nice balmy summer's day.

On that note, since when did 30 degrees become the "danger zone" rather than just "summer"?

30 degrees for 5 days at a festival, camping. While wanting to dance to bands, with very little shade IS the danger zone for some people's enjoyment. I'm not in the '25 is too much' camp. But saying that 30 is fine for everyone is just silly. People with health conditions, people with young family members, it would really make it difficult for. 

9 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Think around 20 is grand. No sunburn, good drinking, good dancing weather.

It's Goldilocks weather. 

Not too hot, not too cold. It's just right. 

😉

20 is too cold, I like 26-27, specific I know. Enjoyed Boomtown last year(over 30 each day), but I know I was in the minority.

Jesus these last six or seven posts should be used as evidence that the Weather Thread should be banned. Just rampant misinfo and wild statements all around. Can't have my heart rate going like this at 7am on a Friday.

(Cool dog not included)

Edited by churlie100
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

It's not. 00z shows some rain Tuesday afternoon through to Weds midday then completely dry until Saturday midnight which is as far as it goes. Importantly the low pressure pockets don't even develop at all, It's a high pressure full on fisting.

Bastard

This thread is hilarious. Good runs = it's going to be a classic. Bad runs = ah the models are unreliable, too far out for accurate predictions.

As long as the weather is neither of the extremes it'll be fine and dandy. The only thing I really don't want is for it to actually be raining as that's misery. I'd take 2016 all day long provided it doesn't actually rain. 2017 was perfect.

6 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

I’m not posting pictures as MetCheck isn’t pretty today. 

It’s looking like a drizzly one. Not heavy but constant rain. Could be that fine stuff that soaks you. 

Hoping for a change. 

It will change in the next few minutes. Then change back again, multiple times. 

Then when we get there it’ll be sunny. 

8 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

I’m not posting pictures as MetCheck isn’t pretty today. 

It’s looking like a drizzly one. Not heavy but constant rain. Could be that fine stuff that soaks you. 

Hoping for a change. 

Nobody knows yet but that would be a REALLLLL mood killer.