Missing Ticket - Stalemate between RM and See

theciderviking

25 minutes ago, Danamaganza said:

I finally received an answer from SeeTickets this morning saying I can collect my ticket from the box office on site.

It took 20 days in total to get it all sorted. Royal Mails investigation took 15 days. Royal Mail shouldn’t be signing since May 1st.. but that’s irrelevant because the service used requires an answered door anyway. 

Fantastic hopefully this sets a precident for all the others to get sorted too 

51 minutes ago, Danamaganza said:

I finally received an answer from SeeTickets this morning saying I can collect my ticket from the box office on site.

It took 20 days in total to get it all sorted. Royal Mails investigation took 15 days. Royal Mail shouldn’t be signing since May 1st.. but that’s irrelevant because the service used requires an answered door anyway. 

Great news!

2 hours ago, Danamaganza said:

Great news. I’m so pleased for you. But they really need to sort this shit out. Collecting from PGA is a potential logistical nightmare if you’re travelling by car. 

Awesome news! This must surely now be the last year of paper tickets sent by post. It’s just unnecessary and so many things can go wrong. 

I'm glad you got the outcome you needed. Making sure you had it on here, reddit and twitter probably helped. 

Congratulations on your perseverance paying off 🙂 

21 minutes ago, stuie said:

Awesome news! This must surely now be the last year of paper tickets sent by post. It’s just unnecessary and so many things can go wrong. 

Tons of people say that, however do we know another event in the UK of a similar scale, in such a rural area which has set a precedent for that?

There's not much to compare it to and people saying - I went to X arena event, or Y in Hyde Park doesn't really prove it's workable in Pilton across four Gates with several miles between them and no fixed infrastructure - especially given that we know from the Festival's finances they're not in a position to make a significant financial investment as yet.

10 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Tons of people say that, however do we know another event in the UK of a similar scale, in such a rural area which has set a precedent for that?

There's not much to compare it to and people saying - I went to X arena event, or Y in Hyde Park doesn't really prove it's workable in Pilton across four Gates with several miles between them and no fixed infrastructure - especially given that we know from the Festival's finances they're not in a position to make a significant financial investment as yet.

How much does it cost to print the tickets each year, with holograms and security features. Ready made ticketing systems are available for use and are scalable. EE make sure that they have adequate 5G coverage so in many respects they are in a better position than other festivals.

Boomtown use online barcodes just fine. Along with most other festivals these days. Even something like ticketsellers for small events would be able to scale up for glasto. 

14 minutes ago, stuie said:

How much does it cost to print the tickets each year, with holograms and security features. Ready made ticketing systems are available for use and are scalable. EE make sure that they have adequate 5G coverage so in many respects they are in a better position than other festivals.

Boomtown use online barcodes just fine. Along with most other festivals these days. Even something like ticketsellers for small events would be able to scale up for glasto. 

So you don't know one of the same scale that already does it?   Boomtown has a much smaller number of attendees and saying things can "scale up" isn't the same as them being proven. 

The process for printing is already in place, requires, zero investment and has a very low instance of fraud. 

I can actually see more ways that it can go wrong with e-tickets than paper ones on this scale. 
Lost phones loss of signal to the main server touts working out the qr codes. 

Not as straight forward as it seems 

3 hours ago, Danamaganza said:

This is a HUGE win and a big win for others trying this. 

1 hour ago, phillyfaddle said:

Collecting from PGA is a potential logistical nightmare if you’re travelling by car. 

Absolutely, they are now saying I can park up with my confirmation, but need to go back to the car to display the sticker after I collect it. Would be nice to get into the yellow car park if that's really the case, but I have a feeling I'll have to trek back and forth from the far end of pink!

3 hours ago, clarkete said:

So you don't know one of the same scale that already does it?   Boomtown has a much smaller number of attendees and saying things can "scale up" isn't the same as them being proven. 

The process for printing is already in place, requires, zero investment and has a very low instance of fraud. 

I don’t know of any events on the same scale as Glastonbury full stop. It’s obviously the largest there is. That’s not a reason to keep using paper tickets though. I wonder if you’d feel differently if your ticket got lost by unnecessary posting this year! Anyway, just my opinion. As you were. 

• Upvote 2

So glad you are sorted, and hopefully see tickets have a word with royal mail that their service is in this case not satisfactory. Royal Mail must make a few quid from their secure delivery service from see tickets. Delivery is a competitive industry so they need to at least ensure safe delivery. 

7 hours ago, Danamaganza said:

Amazing news! I've got a friend in a similar situation with a response from royal mail, just awaiting confirmation from See. Are you going to go to the box office on Wednesday morning? Is it possible to get to the box office on the Tuesday does anyone know? 

4 minutes ago, phillyfaddle said:

They absolutely need to reinstate a call centre for Glastonbury. 

100% Agree... 

I'm guessing it's the same staffing issues affecting everybody else at the minute though... More jobs than jobseekers. 

2 hours ago, stuie said:

I don’t know of any events on the same scale as Glastonbury full stop. It’s obviously the largest there is. That’s not a reason to keep using paper tickets though. I wonder if you’d feel differently if your ticket got lost by unnecessary posting this year! Anyway, just my opinion. As you were. 

It's true, I can't say if I'd feel differently, this is my 29th and I've never had any delivery issues.  

Isn't this a unique year though after what's happened since 2019?  We've had an unprecedented time where signed for post was managed using a bespoke process during the pandemic and that seems to have been dealt with in different ways across the country - resulting in some anecdotal responses in efests where folks said theirs were signed for or photos taken and others saying they were simply left with other post. 

Even with an increase in the amount of post being sent, they've also had about ten percent of their staff out sick, so have had some delivery problems with serious implications - such as no deliveries whatsoever for weeks on end.

Hopefully things will continue to settle down over the next year and deliveries of all post will be handled with the care and attention we should be entitled to.

15 hours ago, clarkete said:

Twenty-ish gates, several of which have unique operating procedures, but that only adds to your point rather than detracts.

11 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

So glad you are sorted, and hopefully see tickets have a word with royal mail that their service is in this case not satisfactory. Royal Mail must make a few quid from their secure delivery service from see tickets. Delivery is a competitive industry so they need to at least ensure safe delivery. 

Exactly.  Royal Mail have failed SeeTickets and Glastonbury Festival in their contract which was to provide next day, signed for delivery.  If they had done this, they would have known where the ticket was.  Additionally, SeeTickets need more customer service people to help sort things out if they do go wrong.

15 hours ago, clarkete said:

The closest similar would be a football stadium with potentially 50,000 entries across a 20-30 minute period before kick off. 

That is fixed infrastructure now, but these stadiums are in places that would never have this infrastructure if it wasn't for the event. Glastonbury have made similar investments before (long drops install, recycling centre, solar panels farm etc) so if more WiFi support was needed they could do that. But tbh I think they're pretty much covered with EE anyway on the infrastructure side. 

And if it was me I'd be contracting out the service, using the cost of the ticket delivery as a baseline for comparison.