Getting emotional

Lucy92

Is anyone else getting a bit emotional at the thought of finally being back on the farm? I’ve had a pretty tough time since last Glastonbury and the fact it’s nearly here is just the most overwhelming (in a good way) feeling in the world. I know you’d all understand, not sure how I’m actually going to cope once I’m there, I may cry with happiness ha! 

• Like 14

Yep it’s been a long and for me personally pretty horrible time since the last festival. Just recently after years of feeling like I only heard from people when they had awful news to tell me I’ve had some happy news and I am hopeful that this festival can draw a line under all the bad times and be the start of a much happier time. 

• Like 2

I'm off camping mon-fri so getting a mini taste of glasto up in the brecon beacons which should make the time fly! it definitely feels very slow right now - i cannot wait!

6 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Yep it’s been a long and for me personally pretty horrible time since the last festival. Just recently after years of feeling like I only heard from people when they had awful news to tell me I’ve had some happy news and I am hopeful that this festival can draw a line under all the bad times and be the start of a much happier time. 

I truly hope so! I’m going to write something to burn on the lotus on the Sunday I think. Should feel like the bad years just burn away and draw a line under it all. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

I truly hope so! I’m going to write something to burn on the lotus on the Sunday I think. Should feel like the bad years just burn away and draw a line under it all. 

Yep new beginnings or old restarts! Either way all the good stuff. I suspect there will be tears at some point. Going to see Macca and I was introduced to the Beatles by my brothers one of whom got terminal cancer and died during the strictest phase of lockdown and I never got to say goodbye or go to his funeral so even if Macca’s voice is past it’s best it will be an emotional one for me. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 6

Just now, gigpusher said:

Yep new beginnings or old restarts! Either way all the good stuff. I suspect there will be tears at some point. Going to see Macca and I was introduced to the Beatles by my brothers one of whom got terminal cancer and died during the strictest phase of lockdown and I never got to say goodbye or go to his funeral so even if Macca’s voice is past it’s best it will be an emotional one for me. 

Sounds like we’ve had a similar rough time. I lost my dad to cancer in feb. There’s a few bands playing who were his favourite so I can’t wait to see them for him. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

Sounds like we’ve had a similar rough time. I lost my dad to cancer in feb. There’s a few bands playing who were his favourite so I can’t wait to see them for him. 

Hope you have a wonderful festival and that you can singalong in his honour at the festival! 

• Thanks 1

Following on from all the panic in the Weather thread over the past few days…

It’s not the rain we need to worry about causing mud this year, but the tears of a quarter of a million people.

Three years apart, three years too long. 

Millions of lives needlessly lost; through war, pandemic, just having had enough. 

Now back together, a joy to behold. We’re here, we made it, we’re the lucky ones. 

A burning lotus, a chance to let go. To say goodbye, to bid farewell, to scream fuck you. 

Relief, it’s gone, it’s past, it’s over. 

Now look to the future with hope and belief. 

It’s not the rain we need to worry about causing mud this year, but the tears of a quarter of a million people.

• Upvote 6

Was welling up watching some glasto videos the other day! 

Certainly going to be an emotional one with a few  tears no doubt 

One of my best friends and long time glasto camping buddy sadly passed away during lockdown so won't be with us this year. A trip to the lotus burning thing could be a good memorial for him

Was watching the Muse/The Edge video which  set me off as two of his favourites

Things have been up and down since 2019 but looking forward to catching up with old friends again on the farm and putting the world to rights! 

Edited by rubenz
  • Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

If any work ends up getting done between now and next Wednesday it’ll be a miracle 

This is me! I'm struggling to focus on work right now and constantly getting distracted. I'm officially diagnosed with Glastonbury syndrome and the only medicine is the festival itself and then it kicks in again until T-day.

I can feel it. 
I though I was getting old, not getting as excited for 17 & 19.

But this year! after all the bs I need that recharge that gives me perspective on life, I’ve been missing it. 
I can see myself getting choked up at some point. 

• Upvote 1

I cry happy tears at every festival I go to, and I've been to a few this year already. But honestly, I think as soon as I walk through those gates, I am going to be a blubbering wreck, with snot bubbles too 🤣 

It's my last night shift tonight, then I have all of next week to buy and pack ready to head to the farm on Sunday. It's Mr CG's first time and I cannot wait to see his face as he 'gets it!'

I don't know of the lotus flower bonfire... Where is it please? And what time? It sounds special. 

6 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

I cry happy tears at every festival I go to, and I've been to a few this year already. But honestly, I think as soon as I walk through those gates, I am going to be a blubbering wreck, with snot bubbles too 🤣 

It's my last night shift tonight, then I have all of next week to buy and pack ready to head to the farm on Sunday. It's Mr CG's first time and I cannot wait to see his face as he 'gets it!'

I don't know of the lotus flower bonfire... Where is it please? And what time? It sounds special. 

Midnight on Sunday in the park 👍

Screenshot_20220612_192941.jpg

• Upvote 1