Getting emotional

Lucy92

I reckon I might shed a tear when I get through the gate. Had a health scare late 2019 and my aim was just to make it through to Glastonbury 2020 with no repeat. A lot more emotional since that happened. 

It's taken a whilst but 2022 is go and no repeat of my health scare. 

I will blame it on the hay fever 😉

• Like 1

I’ve not even made it through page 1 of this thread without welling up. (I’ve said this before, so apologies for repeating it.) My mum passed last year and her Birthday was 25th June, I chose Blackbird as the song to play at her funeral. I may well be a blabbing wreck at the Pyramid on Saturday night. I just hope I don’t get too down in the dumps. 

24 minutes ago, Cooter said:

Actually I've been so emotional since getting a ticket I've had to hand it back. Not a fun roller coaster by any means but the right thing to do. Have a great fest everyone and as always do it like it's your last.

Sorry to hear that and hope it all sorts itself out.

• Upvote 1

Like many, it’s been a tough couple of years! Suffered with Ill health and not over it all yet, this has been the one thing that has driven me on and boy can I not wait!

usually try and hold it together emotionally, but fuck it this year going to let it all out and embrace the best place in the world!

2 hours ago, SouthbanKen said:

I’ve not even made it through page 1 of this thread without welling up. (I’ve said this before, so apologies for repeating it.) My mum passed last year and her Birthday was 25th June, I chose Blackbird as the song to play at her funeral. I may well be a blabbing wreck at the Pyramid on Saturday night. I just hope I don’t get too down in the dumps. 

There will always be someone there to give you a hug and let you cry it out matey. Big loves x

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, faymondo said:

I reckon I might shed a tear when I get through the gate. Had a health scare late 2019 and my aim was just to make it through to Glastonbury 2020 with no repeat. A lot more emotional since that happened. 

It's taken a whilst but 2022 is go and no repeat of my health scare. 

I will blame it on the hay fever 😉

I had a health scare a little more than a year ago, and now everything is supposedly fine.  I'm glad you're well too @faymondo

I too will be walking through the gates with a few tears in my eyes. 

• Upvote 1

Sounds dumb but I almost dont want it to arrive since the lead up and anticipation and having it to look forward to kind of keeps me going though my otherwise mundane life. When it arrives, it all seems over too quickly, and then its back to ticket day.

Anyway, absolutely desperate to get back to those fields of dreams...

• Like 1

I lot has gone wrong physically and healthwise for both my wife and I since we last went 5 years ago. Some of it has been fixed and some will always be broken. But we need to do this if only for one more crack. Not one for the emotional stuff normally but I will feel such peace when the tent is up and there's a beer in my mitt. 

6 hours ago, Lucy92 said:

Sounds like we’ve had a similar rough time. I lost my dad to cancer in feb. There’s a few bands playing who were his favourite so I can’t wait to see them for him. 

I lost my dad during lockdown, he was hoping to attend the festival in 2020.

I've had many public moments of grief being back at the football in our seats, i've no doubt at some point on Wed/Thurs there will be another moment sat on the hill of the park.

Almost feels like should pick a time for a collective scream about the last few years to let it out!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, august1 said:

I lost my dad during lockdown, he was hoping to attend the festival in 2020.

I've had many public moments of grief being back at the football in our seats, i've no doubt at some point on Wed/Thurs there will be another moment sat on the hill of the park.

Almost feels like should pick a time for a collective scream about the last few years to let it out!

Collective scream sounds ideal! 

I may get teary eyed at any massive singalong or crowd going crazy moment. Together again after all the shit of the past years (and the shit that's unfortunately still there and coming).

And any artist with a decent shout to people's resilience in light of the past, present and coming shit will definitely trigger the sniff.

Or any artist so fucking happy to be playing crowds again.

Or... yeah quite a bit!  

10 hours ago, Pinhead said:

Sounds dumb but I almost dont want it to arrive since the lead up and anticipation and having it to look forward to kind of keeps me going though my otherwise mundane life. When it arrives, it all seems over too quickly, and then its back to ticket day.

Anyway, absolutely desperate to get back to those fields of dreams...

I feel this deep in my soul.