Gate C

Jackal1

1 hour ago, bucko said:

How did people find the queue this year, i'm not sure if i timed it right but didn't have a problem apart from a little wait on the thursday.

LOADS better. Last year we got stuck in the field (the one before the wristband checks) every day going onto site - for up to an hour sometimes. This year had no issues any days. Getting out at the end of the day was much quicker too.  It was great!

On 6/30/2022 at 1:43 PM, MikeandSan said:

First timer question. What wristband were people showing to take the shortcut down the hill from the campervan fields where everyone else was being directed down the longer side at busy times?

The Accessible wristband allows you to go down the hill, along with the rest of your group. 🙂

8 minutes ago, StoneCircle said:

The Accessible wristband allows you to go down the hill, along with the rest of your group. 🙂

They were reasonable about it. My mate was on crutches but no accessibility band, and they waved him down there.

• Upvote 1

On 7/19/2023 at 10:30 PM, HotChipWillBreakYourLegs said:

What's the late night noise like in the campervan fields?  Can you hear the SE corner going on?

Yes, but it’s not loud. It’s kind of nice to hear the thud thud thudding and the odd snatch of a recognisable tune. My wife puts earplugs in!

Edited by Neville Street
Typo
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, HotChipWillBreakYourLegs said:

What's the late night noise like in the campervan fields?  Can you hear the SE corner going on?

I slept up there in a camper before my 04:45 shift on Saturday morning at gate C. Walked back to van after Fred Again and fell asleep eventually to the distant vocals of Alex Turner mixed with basslines from the se corner! 

Gate C was well run, had daunting queues each time I went in or out, I'd see them and think f**k, but they never actually took more than 10 - 15 minutes. Thought the volunteers were brilliant too, worked hard up until the very end, very thorough checks, but very efficient. 

I went through at some of the peak times mentioned earlier in this thread too, they were the 10 to 15 minute queues, other times we sailed through in less than a minute or two. Even getting back out after the headliner Sunday was much easier than anticipated, had to ask for a pass out to get back in, as they weren't being automatically given out, but was given them with no problems when I asked, and it was all very quick and smooth. 

• Thanks 1

So much better than 2022. On Wednesday we left the camper around 11:15 and wandered down to the gate . The queue started about halfway down the barrier loop in the field with the hill of death, though was constantly moving so only took a couple of minutes to walk through to get down to the road and we were in the Avalon bar just before midday. In 2022 we left the camper at roughly the same time and the queue was back to half way through E19 and it took us an hour to get to the gate.

I think the longest we had to wait was roughly 5-10 minutes on Sunday as we were heading in about midday. All other times the wait was no longer than about 5 mins, though most of the times we just walked through, only stopping at the ticket checks.

The volunteers and security did a fantastic job in getting people in and out every day, the whole thing seemed so much more organised this year.

3 hours ago, amfy said:

Working on Gate C we did feel that the horror backlogs we expected never quite materialised. It was really busy at times , but never felt out of control. 

I worked gate C on Wednesday on the inside part,

the throughput of people leaving was extremely variable. empty one minute, then large queues built up with in less than 1min

but the ticket checking people (outbound) got the queues down soonish

22 hours ago, HotChipWillBreakYourLegs said:

Very much so. I’m a light sleeper and used ear plugs which was actually good enough after all the walking and cider. 

Sunday night I passed out without I was so knackered

On 6/30/2022 at 1:43 PM, MikeandSan said:

First timer question. What wristband were people showing to take the shortcut down the hill from the campervan fields where everyone else was being directed down the longer side at busy times?

I had a standard wristband but as disabled and on a mobility scooter,I got to jump the queue. 🙂