William’s Green 2022

wozwebs

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Yard Act, Magic Gang, NewDad, Tim Burgess, Penelope Isles all up there for me.

Still hoping that The Lathums will be one of them, although they might appear in JPT. Ditto Working Men's Club.

I'm gutted about The Lathums as I thought they'd self confirmed... saw them earlier on in the year and they were amazing so they were gonna be one of my 'must sees'.  I'm hoping they're one of the TBAs though that'll create another clash headache no doubt.

41 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

The Thursday bands aren’t always playing elsewhere on the lineup right? Everything Everything are a glaring omission so it would be great if they did it again, whether having done so twice before (plus once on a Saturday, at least) makes them more or less likely for it.

I don't think I can think of an instance where they only came to do that Thursday night slot (perhaps others can) but always been on the line up for the ones I can remember. 

4 hours ago, Olshansky said:

+2 for WH Lung

lots of love for Sinead O'Brien too

Strong Williams Green lineup inho; it's the stage causing the most clashes for me. 

+3 for WH Lung. Camped near one of the guy's parents at latitude a few years ago and the dad put me on to a few of their tracks. Obviously went to see them play on a tiny little stage and they were absolutely brilliant. Already sound like a headline act.

5 hours ago, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

No Power Ballad Thursday, no deal

5 hours ago, Nudenut said:

First thing I looked for, shame as it was incredible in 2019

2 hours ago, Toilet Duck said:

Guilty Pleasures is pretty much the same though…I’ve definitely bellowed Bonny Tyler and Bon Jovi at that…

Sunday - Ultimate Power - 23.00 - 02.30

Edited by grhm

5 hours ago, gigpusher said:

I don't think I can think of an instance where they only came to do that Thursday night slot (perhaps others can) but always been on the line up for the ones I can remember. 

EE were not on the poster in 2017 but played the secret set at WG.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/everything-everything-kick-glastonbury-festival-13233936

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Brumbot said:

Knew someone would think of one but think it’s unlikely that EE would do it again. That would have potential to be a dangerous crowd! Best bet for EE is if someone drops out and they are available quickly as friends of the festival. 

2 hours ago, gigpusher said:

Knew someone would think of one but think it’s unlikely that EE would do it again. That would have potential to be a dangerous crowd! Best bet for EE is if someone drops out and they are available quickly as friends of the festival. 

Unlikely because it already happened but likely cause they have form. They're not dangerous levels big. Michael Eavis is way more dangerous.

3 hours ago, gigpusher said:

I think EE have settled a bit in popularity since then (although, having said that, Raw Data Feel is their highest charting album to date) so would be a good choice. Who else could be worth a shot there? Frank maybe?

5 hours ago, gigpusher said:

EE have cooled off, i saw them in ally pally a few years ago and then a barely sold out Roundhouse a few weeks ago.

7 minutes ago, gfa said:

EE have cooled off, i saw them in ally pally a few years ago and then a barely sold out Roundhouse a few weeks ago.

Yep but those slots have still almost always been young up and coming bands not established acts. They might not sell out the Roundhouse when the whole of London is open but when 95% of people are on site at Glastonbury and there isn't a lot of stages open it's a different matter. Usually acts that play are low acts on John Peel or Other Stage at most. Acts like Sports Team seem about right. 

Baring in mind this stage gets stupidly busy on Thursday nights now anyway no matter who is playing. I've actually noticed they do try to put bigger acts around the rest of the site to counteract it. 

5 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Yep but those slots have still almost always been young up and coming bands not established acts. They might not sell out the Roundhouse when the whole of London is open but when 95% of people are on site at Glastonbury and there isn't a lot of stages open it's a different matter. Usually acts that play are low acts on John Peel or Other Stage at most. Acts like Sports Team seem about right. 

Baring in mind this stage gets stupidly busy on Thursday nights now anyway no matter who is playing. I've actually noticed they do try to put bigger acts around the rest of the site to counteract it. 

I'd prefer someone else to be honest, they've done it before and hardly the most exciting pick,