Rail strike for Glastonbury weekend?

zahidf

2 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Somebody already posted this but it’s a real shame this particular Train got derailed on the way to Pilton:

Ha ... I'd been waiting for someone to pick up on that. It got me looking to see who else had done a version and had also played the festival.

These include Shakey (!); Motorhead; Imelda May; UK Subs and Screaming Lord Sutch.

It was also done by "the best act never to play the festival" (as quoted on Thingy twtter) Hanoi Rocks.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Hate to bump this thread but since it was posted, the vote has happened, the strike action was overwhelmingly voted for, and the talk is now for dates to be arranged “from mid June”. 

Hopefully it will come to nowt but it’s definitely on the radar. 

If it come to this it’s gonna impact everyone arriving at the festival not just those arriving by train … hope it doesn’t 😞 

15 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

If it come to this it’s gonna impact everyone arriving at the festival not just those arriving by train … hope it doesn’t 😞 

Rail replacements might be difficult too... I hear there's not many coaches free that weekend for some reason or another... 

Ugh, hopefully the talks help and at least delay the strike by a few weeks, or is that wishful thinking…

We're travelling down from Manchester to Bristol on the Tuesday and then Bristol to Manchester on the next Tuesday, I'm not sure if that will help or not! 

Edit: 

Edited by offmytrolley
Forgot to pay train tax

3 minutes ago, offmytrolley said:

Ugh, hopefully the talks help and at least delay the strike by a few weeks, or is that wishful thinking…

We're travelling down from Manchester to Bristol on the Tuesday and then Bristol to Manchester on the next Tuesday, I'm not sure if that will help or not! 

Edit: 

Hoping the usual delays will ensue due to some talks and push it past Glastonbury

I mentioned in the other thread that the union has to give 14 days notice before any strike so we just need to make it to June 14th without any announcements so the earliest strikes would potentially be 28th june

5 minutes ago, gazzared said:

I mentioned in the other thread that the union has to give 14 days notice before any strike so we just need to make it to June 14th without any announcements so the earliest strikes would potentially be 28th june

Presumably they’ll ‘announce’ any strike dates ASAP as part of a negotiation tactic.