Field of Avalon

Crazyfool01

7 hours ago, Jay Pee said:

And me.  Great to see bands that love playing and just feed the buzz.

I went to see Fontaines DC in the Czech Republic the other week.  Great gig(s) but cant remember any crowd conversation other than a cursory "hello".  Never understand that approach.

Give me a ridiculously over emotional Joe Talbot any day of the week.

I don't think Fontaines are big on crowd interaction... I've seen them a few times (as you know) and it's always minimal.

21 hours ago, Toilet Duck said:

I've seen them a few times, never seen them not play it to be honest! 

Same - they always play it 

Lou just put up on her instagram (@eyehaiku) that lamb is at 10:00 pm on the saturday - guess that's a paul mccartney clash 

On 4/12/2022 at 2:50 PM, LinvoyPrimus said:

Just did some digging on these - need to check them out! 

Hoping they show up somewhere on the Thursday as well.

Highly recommend them if you like that evangelism parody stuff (like Alabama 3 do though they are not the same sound). Saw them at Madness Butlins Mindhead in 2018 and were ace.

10 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

Yes I love interaction with the crowd - Jeff Lynne was poor when he did the legends slot.  And I went to see Eric Clapton once - never again!  Miserable sod.

I go to gigs for the music not to listen to filler. Shut up and play the next tune. Jeff Lynne was fantastic.

most waffle is scripted and they say it every night of a tour, not interested, just play the next tune.

15 minutes ago, Smeble said:

I go to gigs for the music not to listen to filler. Shut up and play the next tune. Jeff Lynne was fantastic.

most waffle is scripted and they say it every night of a tour, not interested, just play the next tune.

Natural Audience chat.. good, scripted waffle bad.. although Father John Misty being the last act I saw definitely struck a good balence and had good waffle.

You must habe been to some shite gigs in your life if you think ELO were fantastic in 2019. Musically accomplished is one thing. Vibe is something else entirely.

One of the most looked forward to slots of that year and most disappointing.

Watch Jeff Goldblum set from 2019. He didnt play the keyboard very often in the set but the buzz was incredible.

I don't want the best performance ever from the band. I want the Glastonbury performance

34 minutes ago, Smeble said:

There's a balance, I like to hear them interact, otherwise you might as well stick a CD on.  I acknowledge that Jeff Lynne may have been better than my experience was as for a variety of reasons it just didn't gel for me.  But yeah, still like some engagement with the audience.

16 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

He was great, though I think I was beginning to struggle by that point - a combination of thinking I might as well get through my beer as it was the last day, coupled with too little water so I think I was actually dehydrating (I hadn't had that much beer but it seemed to affect me disproportionately).

So now we know that the two of us were there, together with @Watergirlso I wonder who the other 97 were?

I was there with two others for Albert. So many hits and what a lovely chap!

9 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

There's a balance, I like to hear them interact, otherwise you might as well stick a CD on.  I acknowledge that Jeff Lynne may have been better than my experience was as for a variety of reasons it just didn't gel for me.  But yeah, still like some engagement with the audience.

Yep there's few things better than an accomplished musician with great stagemanship as well. John Grant is good at it. Last Glastonbury Lizzo brought it. Yes it can be a little scripted but that's not an issue unless your an obsessive who goes to the same persons gig night after night. 

12 hours ago, Jay Pee said:

You must habe been to some shite gigs in your life if you think ELO were fantastic in 2019. Musically accomplished is one thing. Vibe is something else entirely.

One of the most looked forward to slots of that year and most disappointing.

Watch Jeff Goldblum set from 2019. He didnt play the keyboard very often in the set but the buzz was incredible.

I don't want the best performance ever from the band. I want the Glastonbury performance

Vibe was great where I was, party atmosphere down the front, everyone dancing and happy. Guess the grumps were at the back.

jeff lynnes set is one of the big efests myths along with Beyoncé’s set being anything other than her yelling ‘hello Glaston-berry’ a lot whilst prancing around leaving the actual singing to her backing singers.

12 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

Jeff lynne is well known for not interacting with his crowd, it’s just not his thing, doesn’t make the set crap or the worst thing in the history of Glastonbury which some on here seem to think. 

11 minutes ago, Smeble said:

Vibe was great where I was, party atmosphere down the front, everyone dancing and happy. Guess the grumps were at the back.

jeff lynnes set is one of the big efests myths along with Beyoncé’s set being anything other than her yelling ‘hello Glaston-berry’ a lot whilst prancing around leaving the actual singing to her backing singers.

I think the biggest grump was front and centre on the pyramid 🤣

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

He was great, though I think I was beginning to struggle by that point - a combination of thinking I might as well get through my beer as it was the last day, coupled with too little water so I think I was actually dehydrating (I hadn't had that much beer but it seemed to affect me disproportionately).

So now we know that the two of us were there, together with @Watergirlso I wonder who the other 97 were?

Well I was there too, so you've now only 93 to find! Suspect there were a fairfew more than 100, if not it looks like efesters were well over represented! Terrific set though. All killer, no filler!

36 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

Well I was there too, so you've now only 93 to find! Suspect there were a fairfew more than 100, if not it looks like efesters were well over represented! Terrific set though. All killer, no filler!

And @ryan80 was there with two others so that's down to 90!

Yeah I think 100 was a little underestimated!  

21 hours ago, wozwebs said:

The Wonder Stuff are one of my favourite bands of all time but Miles has told many a tale of how he hates Glastonbury so not thinking they will be there any time soon. Would love them to play though obviously.

This surprises me! The best Wonderstuff gig  I've ever seen was when they headlined Avalon. Best performance I've ever seen there! Atmosphere was amazing

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Blisterpack said:

My favourite two live acts at the moment; BC Camplight, absolute king of the stage bantz, and Oranj Son - 60 mins of bangers followed by ‘thank you’ and off. Both great. 

Yes both can be great. I have seen incredible musicians playing brilliantly without much banter but I think the more memorable acts are still ones where you feel like that human element of chatting does make for special moments that can be a bit more unique.