People who have hated Glastonbury

e_p

12 hours ago, Simsy said:

Do lenor bottle users camp on their own? I don't think I'd be able to have a piss in the tent next to my husband.

Once at Bestival I entered my tent to see my wife balancing over an empty pringles tube, got there just in time to prevent a disaster. Toilets were just a couple of minutes away, no idea what she was thinking. She hates this story, it's so out of character for her

1 minute ago, mazola said:

Once at Bestival I entered my tent to see my wife balancing over an empty pringles tube, got there just in time to prevent a disaster. Toilets were just a couple of minutes away, no idea what she was thinking. She hates this story, it's so out of character 

Maybe it was for a joke a little later, where she would offer you pringles and absent minded you would try and tip out the saviour snack into your hand

😉

11 minutes ago, mazola said:

Once at Bestival I entered my tent to see my wife balancing over an empty pringles tube, got there just in time to prevent a disaster. Toilets were just a couple of minutes away, no idea what she was thinking. She hates this story, it's so out of character for her

Grounds for divorce. Thats risky business. 

She had no idea if it was going to be like this

test-spray.gif

Or like this

200.gif

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

Maybe it was for a joke a little later, where she would offer you pringles and absent minded you would try and tip out the saviour snack into your hand

😉

some years ago I remembered chundering somewhere in the middle of the night.  Could not find it the following morning.  Anywhere.  Started clearing up and lifted up a seemingly heavy pringles tube.  popped the lid of and it was full to the brim with puke.  I had even managed to get the lid back on shiters..

Kind of gone off Pringles..

At Lattitude I accidentally  camped in a field full of you tubers. On Saturday night they all went out to meet Emily Eavis at the Chems. In the morning I was earwigging next doors tent and I overheard, this you tuber called, Jackmaate saying to his friend, ‘Emily was great last night? Wasn’t she?’ Jackmaate was really into her. He thought she was amazing! He has 650,000 subscribers. This guys massive on you tube. He thought Emily was it!!

Edited by stt11

19 minutes ago, Jay Pee said:

some years ago I remembered chundering somewhere in the middle of the night.  Could not find it the following morning.  Anywhere.  Started clearing up and lifted up a seemingly heavy pringles tube.  popped the lid of and it was full to the brim with puke.  I had even managed to get the lid back on shiters..

Skills

20 minutes ago, Jay Pee said:

I'm not sure this thread is full of the marketing that Pringles would be wanting 😄 

18 hours ago, Barneym said:

Mate it will be great, just go with it and don’t make a list of too many bands, plus if you like the party side of things spend time in the SE until sunrise (not my normal scene at all but actually what makes Glasto for me as where else can you do that after a day of bands, certainly not Reading which used to be my festival of choice) I’m actually jealous of first timers but so thankful to be going to number 8 for me.

❤️Yer i tend to be the clashfinder guy who doesnt wanna miss a thing. Much easier to do at Reading. I'm just going to take it easy, chill out and only pick a few bits a day. Line ups too good already. 

23 minutes ago, stt11 said:

At Lattitude I accidentally  camped in a field full of you tubers. On Saturday night they all went out to meet Emily Eavis at the Chems. In the morning I was earwigging next doors tent and I overheard, this you tuber called, Jackmaate saying to his friend, ‘Emily was great last night? Wasn’t she?’ Jackmaate was really into her. He thought she was amazing! He has 650,000 subscribers. This guys massive on you tube. He thought Emily was it!!

I don’t normally reply to my own comments. But I don’t understand why a thread on hating Glastonbury doesn’t discuss how irritating it is, when people like Jackmaate, are heavily into Emily Eavis. It’s things like that, that always annoy me the most, about Glastonbury. I don’t understand why others aren’t reviled by them as well.

I’m not convinced by the water retention capability of a pringles tube. Not only is the lid a bit flimsy but the tube itself is made from cardboard. I doubt the coating will withstand prolonged exposure to moisture. The last thing you want from your pee container is weak structural integrity. 

On 4/10/2022 at 8:59 PM, Beerqueen said:

I went with my son in 2014.  He didn't hate it but found it hard work and too busy.  He loved the Park area and would've loved a smaller festival based around that.  So he hasn't returned and prefers smaller festivals

He'd most likely love End of the Road then (if he hasn't been already).

18 minutes ago, stt11 said:

I don’t normally reply to my own comments. But I don’t understand why a thread on hating Glastonbury doesn’t discuss how irritating it is, when people like Jackmaate, are heavily into Emily Eavis. It’s things like that, that always annoy me the most, about Glastonbury. I don’t understand why others aren’t reviled by them as well.

Probably helps that I have no idea who you are talking about 😄 Is ignorance bliss in this case??

26 minutes ago, stt11 said:

When you say into Emily Eavis I don't get what you exactly mean?

What was the context of him going to meet her?

Can you help explain to someone that's not YouTube generation!

being annoyed by things on tv/online isnt what it used to be (cliche  alert, sorry) because of the diversification of entertainment, you can quite easily not know who great piles of these infuriating twats are, and avoid their content with a modicum of ease. 

Back in the seventies, if you hated Jimmy Savile and were thoroughly weirded out by him, he was there on tv - only three channels - and always on the bloody radio too, and stinking up ToTP every Thursday, your only real chance to watch music on tv. In the eighties if you hated Noel Edmonds, he was presenting virtually every single programme on the bbc (or maybe it just felt like that . . . )

Nowadays if you want to avoid Ed Sheeran's simpering nonsense or JackMaate's vacuous bollocks, its pretty simple - there's hundreds of tv channels, loads of radio stations, stream what you like, completely block out the annoying twats. I'm much less annoyed by talent vacuums cos they just don't exist in my own tailored entertainment. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Probably helps that I have no idea who you are talking about 😄 Is ignorance bliss in this case??

But don’t you think Emily is overrated? She didn’t invent Glastonbury and she hates women. She’s into this sort of feminism that only emancipates women if they are wealthy. When these famous guys are all over her and she has these policies, I don’t think it’s right. I’m morally repulsed by it. That ticket thing she, normally, does with people every year is cruel. These famous guys that praise her in a big way, publicly. I don’t understand them. I mean how can you be into an idiot that spends all year putting on ticket sales that deprive poor families of cheap holidays. That’s just wrong.

• Downvote 4

49 minutes ago, stt11 said:

But don’t you think Emily is overrated? She didn’t invent Glastonbury and she hates women. She’s into this sort of feminism that only emancipates women if they are wealthy. When these famous guys are all over her and she has these policies, I don’t think it’s right. I’m morally repulsed by it. That ticket thing she, normally, does with people every year is cruel. These famous guys that praise her in a big way, publicly. I don’t understand them. I mean how can you be into an idiot that spends all year putting on ticket sales that deprive poor families of cheap holidays. That’s just wrong.

You must know a very different Emily Eavis to me. She didn't invent Glastonbury true but her father did and she continues to evolve it. She is a woman and has made sweeping changes to try and get gender equality on the line up so don't see that as the actions of someone who hates women. 

The festival is literally put on to generate money to help people from poorer people all over the world and her last tweet was trying to help a Ukrainian woman go and live with them. 

I have no idea what famous guys are all over her or what policies you are talking about. 

I also don't understand how putting on Glastonbury deprives poor families of cheap holidays?? People can either go or not go to Glastonbury and the fact that they make a massive effort with a kids area even though kids don't pay seems to go against what you are saying. 

I personally feel that she has made lots of positive changes and continues to champion the ideals that her father had whilst keeping it a sustainable event. 

Edited by gigpusher
spotted typos and they were bugging me
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 5

13 minutes ago, stt11 said:

You ok hun

18 minutes ago, stt11 said:

There are some big troll statements in there. Care to back up your position at all?