2019 Coach Times and Locations

Gnomicide

13 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

Tbh they might be pretty strict on location still I'm not sure, the bus was literally about to leave and they had one space so they just shouted if anyone wanted. 

But yes agreed, I was hoping jumping on early would make my life easier but probably should have just had a lie in and gone at half 11 in hindsight. I got worried because mates who have been before have said people just sleep in and get a later one anyway so didn't want to get there and my own coach being full

Makes sense. I reckon if your own coach was full though they'd have to honour your ticket and kick off the freeloaders.

Ugh, just thinking about the Monday coach park is giving me anxiety and I don't even have a ticket yet! 😀 

On 10/25/2022 at 9:50 AM, leath02 said:

Blimey that's an early return on the Monday... did you make that?? Any idea what happens if you miss that 

Yes...what we did was pack our stuff up Sunday PM and took it to lock ups at Ped Gate A.

Went out all night....then about 4am ish we wandered up to Ped Gate A then got round to the coach departure point about 5am then got on the coach and went home, arrived back in Oxford 7.45am, got a cab home and was back in my house washed, showered and in bed by 8.45am.

It took about 4 1/2 hours to go from sitting on a picnic bench outside the Stonebridge bar  to being in my bed 100 miles away. 🙂 

2 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

It took about 4 1/2 hours to go from sitting on a picnic bench outside the Stonebridge bar  to being in my bed 100 miles away. 🙂 

I like this, no point hanging around.

What time are the punters expected to have left the site by?

I never leave until the Tuesday, to avoid queues and make sure I'm safe to drive, but could stay longer if I chose.

1 minute ago, Skip997 said:

I never leave until the Tuesday, to avoid queues and make sure I'm safe to drive, but could stay longer if I chose.

Something tells me 5pm but that’s totally uneforcable … you just risk losing your tent and belongings to tatters 

31 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

It worked well, but I did come down off all the substances I had consumed that evening whilst we were hovering around for the coach and I had about 45 mins of being a bit spun out with it getting light just wanting to get the hell out of there as the coach was being sorted out/loaded up.

3 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I think the packing stuff up and taking to Ped Gate A idea I got from @clarkete but then I took the credit from my friends as my own idea! 😄 

And I will be doing that next year! Meet by the e fests flag at 4am monday morning at the ped gate A lockups!

Edited by gfa

1 hour ago, gooner1990 said:

Yes...what we did was pack our stuff up Sunday PM and took it to lock ups at Ped Gate A.

Went out all night....then about 4am ish we wandered up to Ped Gate A then got round to the coach departure point about 5am then got on the coach and went home, arrived back in Oxford 7.45am, got a cab home and was back in my house washed, showered and in bed by 8.45am.

Kudos

Parts of this sound atrotious, parts of this sound amazing. Interesting trade off overall 

13 hours ago, Hugh Jass II said:

I did the 4am coach home a couple of years ago and frankly it was a revelation. At home with a shower and bed by 9am on the Monday is a game changer.

I think I was asleep by 9am, woke up at 5pm just as my girlfriend was getting home from work, she made us dinner...watched TV for a bit, went back to bed at 9pm and woke up on the Tuesday at 7.30am felt fine (I did have the day booked off work though just in case!)

Anyone that’s got the Glasgow coach confirm that they only offer the Tuesday night departure? 

Tempted to try for coach tickets this time rather than wait for main sale but worry I will get stressed with the thought of too many options and press a wrong button.

*Yeah, I get easily stressed by things like this 😆

55 minutes ago, Padjeq said:

Was just getting my bearings for later and saw that national express offer coaches out of brum to glastonbury. I remember that's what I got back in 2008. When do they go on sale? (if I'm not successful in the see coaches sale later)

Sunday probably, if not within a few days after.

7 minutes ago, ilovelanegan said:

Never got the train but heard it's a bin fire... 

We got out pretty early in 2019 and still had to wait out ages queuing for a shuttle to Castle Cary, wasn’t so bad once we got there but if you’re going later than the crack of dawn then I can imagine it being a horror show.