2019 Coach Times and Locations

Gnomicide

I've lost which thread it was on but someone mentioned that their coach times sometimes come up on their See Tickets order confirmation before they email them out to everyone.

Has anyone got coach times on theirs yet? Mine still says 'w/c 16th may...'

33 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I've lost which thread it was on but someone mentioned that their coach times sometimes come up on their See Tickets order confirmation before they email them out to everyone.

Has anyone got coach times on theirs yet? Mine still says 'w/c 16th may...'

Only London and Bristol afaik - as they are pre-booked departure times rather than luck of the draw like everywhere else

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Did you not select a time ? Would show on your confirmation email I would imagine 

My boyfriend booked them and he can’t remember. It didn’t show on my initial confirmation but I used the original booking reference (rather than the reference from paying my balance) and it’s come up! Got the 10:30am on weds & 12:30pm on Monday. Seems like I’ve been worrying myself unnecessarily 😅

• 5 months later...
On 4/7/2022 at 4:49 PM, Gnomicide said:

I can't remember, either here or on Twitter. It all dried up a bit to be honest but my latest list is:

Bath (Riverside Coach Park)
Wednesday 06:15; 12:15
Thursday 11:00
Birmingham (Coach bays Inge St. Side of the Hippodrome)
Wednesday 07:00; 10:45
Thursday 05:45; 10:45
Brighton (outside Sea Life Centre)
Wednesday 07:45; 09:30
Thursday 09:00
Bristol (Anchor Rd BS1 5UA.)
Times prebooked
Cambridge
Wednesday 06:00
Thursday 07:00
Cardiff (Lawn Tennis Club)
Wednesday 05:45: 07:00
Thursday 07:30
Edinburgh (Regent Rd)
Tuesday! 21:00; 22:30
Glasgow (North Hanover St.)
Tuesday 23:00
Leicester
Wednesday
Thursday 11:00
Thursday 08:00
Leeds (Sovereign St. LS1 4BX)
Wednesday 00:30; 07:00
Thursday 12:00
Lincoln (by the Premier Inn)
Wednesday 07:30; 08:00
Thursday
Liverpool (Outside The Empire)
Wednesday 06:00; 08:00; 09:00; 10:00; 13:00
London (O2 Area)
Times prebooked
Manchester (Corporation Street)
Wednesday 06:00; 08:00; 08:30
Thursday 06:00; 10:00
Newcastle (train station little car park) Wednesday 10:00
Nottingham
Wednesday
Thursday
Oxford (Beaumont T.)
Wednesday
Thursday 06:15
Plymouth
Wednesday
Thursday
Reading (near the station/football stadium)
Wednesday 10:30; 12:30; 15:00
Thursday 06:00; 08:30
Sheffield (Pond St.)
Wednesday
Thursday 09:00
Stoke (outside the train station)
Wednesday 06:00; 08:00
Southampton (Blechynden Terrace, outside train station)
Wednesday 05:30
Thursday 06:00
Swansea
Wednesday
Thursday 06:00
Taunton (Tangier Way TA1 4AS)
Wednesday 06:00; 14:45
Thursday 15:45
York
Wednesday 07:00
Thursday 07:00; 08:45

Is this the most up-to-date list of pickup points/ times, or were there any significant changes this year? Planning ahead for coach sale - our group is geographically split so figuring out what might be our best options(s) for coach packages (currently considering London, Bristol, Birmingham, Oxford, Reading). Ideally want to minimise the number of different groups but obviously anywhere we get needs to be feasible for everyone to travel to!

14 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

If they are the actual times, they're not too bad. Thought I'd seen before ppl complaining they had to get very late coaches and therefore miss large chunks of the Wed. But as my group are looking for Bath or Bristol, those times look very comfortable. 

They fluctuate … my Taunton departure was 1 hour later on the wed …. Although it is thought that booking tickets in the first sale will get you an earlier departure 

7 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

They fluctuate … my Taunton departure was 1 hour later on the wed …. Although it is thought that booking tickets in the first sale will get you an earlier departure 

That's good to know because I thought they were leaving almost around the clock, I thought at least. 

10 minutes ago, Mike A said:

Does anyone have information on the Bristol and London departure times from this past year?
I'm trying to get a sense of what the choices are likely to be so if I get lucky enough I don't have to waste time trying to decide on Nov 3.

Pretty much every hour / two hours all day wednesday and thursday

18 hours ago, ilovelanegan said:

Is this the most up-to-date list of pickup points/ times, or were there any significant changes this year? Planning ahead for coach sale - our group is geographically split so figuring out what might be our best options(s) for coach packages (currently considering London, Bristol, Birmingham, Oxford, Reading). Ideally want to minimise the number of different groups but obviously anywhere we get needs to be feasible for everyone to travel to!

This was Oxford for this year:

image.png.ed9434b9de33f9ef23adffa13b592e8f.png

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ilovelanegan said:

2023 coaches - I think all the pickup points are the same as before. Important to note that times could change dramatically.

Of those - London and Bristol let you pick the time so maybe aim for those. Birmingham, Oxford and Reading will probably have a fair amount of coaches but won't let you pick a time (just a day)thumbnail_Coach-Prices-2023-1.jpeg

Edited by gfa

2 hours ago, leath02 said:

Blimey that's an early return on the Monday... did you make that?? Any idea what happens if you miss that 

Anecdotally (and people back it here), if you miss your See coach and hang around they'll just let you on the next one. National Express are more strict.

I ended up with a 5am return on Monday one year and ended up selling it to someone here and buying a separate coach home. Didn't want to risk trying to get on another one and no way I'd be getting that.

3 hours ago, leath02 said:

Blimey that's an early return on the Monday... did you make that?? Any idea what happens if you miss that 

I've both got on later ones and earlier ones for see coaches, I've also not even used the return (that's the kind of bourgeois b*stard I am) and just got the bus back to Bristol Temple Meads

6 hours ago, leath02 said:

Echo what others have said, you tend to be able to take an earlier/later coach than the one you got on. Think See pretty much accept a fair chunk of people don't take up the return coach. I think my return coach was 3pm or something this year but got on with ease for a 7am-ish one.

16 minutes ago, Hutchmaster said:

Echo what others have said, you tend to be able to take an earlier/later coach than the one you got on. Think See pretty much accept a fair chunk of people don't take up the return coach. I think my return coach was 3pm or something this year but got on with ease for a 7am-ish one.

Not sure if that's always the case TBH - they were definitely checking and scanning return tickets on Monday morning this year. I had hoped we could blag onto a SeeTickets London return but we ended up getting our Bristol one and onwards from there,

Yeah I got there early to hopefully get an earlier coach back to Manchester as my one was at 11:30. Got there around 5am ish but they were scanning tickets and said if there were any no shows then people waiting could hop on. 

Waited for a bit then they shouted there was a space left on one to Liverpool so just jumped on that and got the train from Liverpool to Manchester. Really wanted to get back by that point, hate the Monday.

12 minutes ago, ilovelanegan said:

Not sure if that's always the case TBH - they were definitely checking and scanning return tickets on Monday morning this year. I had hoped we could blag onto a SeeTickets London return but we ended up getting our Bristol one and onwards from there,

I think they're probably stricter on the location than the time.

2 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

Yeah I got there early to hopefully get an earlier coach back to Manchester as my one was at 11:30. Got there around 5am ish but they were scanning tickets and said if there were any no shows then people waiting could hop on. 

Waited for a bit then they shouted there was a space left on one to Liverpool so just jumped on that and got the train from Liverpool to Manchester. Really wanted to get back by that point, hate the Monday.

Actually this contradicts what I just said.

I never want to take a risk with having to wait around so if my return is shit I'll book another one. Mondays are grim and you want to make your life as easy as possible!

Just now, Zoo Music Girl said:

Actually this contradicts what I just said.

I never want to take a risk with having to wait around so if my return is shit I'll book another one. Mondays are grim and you want to make your life as easy as possible!

Tbh they might be pretty strict on location still I'm not sure, the bus was literally about to leave and they had one space so they just shouted if anyone wanted. 

But yes agreed, I was hoping jumping on early would make my life easier but probably should have just had a lie in and gone at half 11 in hindsight. I got worried because mates who have been before have said people just sleep in and get a later one anyway so didn't want to get there and my own coach being full