Resale success? Who’s in?

John the Moth

Out of interest, has anyone who was successful on Sunday tried contacting Seetickets to get their order split so that their ticket is delivered directly to them rather than someone they only know via here?

I can't remember whether this was possible in previous years or not.

15 hours ago, Olshansky said:

2004 was my first year too.  I don't remember the buying process really - I just remember thinking we didn't get them.  

maybe a month before the festival I was going over a credit card statement and saw that I'd been charged for the tickets. I called and sure enough, we'd bagged them and never even knew.  Never got a confirmation email or anything. 

Now, I live in NYC and back then, international tickets weren't sent out in the post - you had to pick them up in castle cary.  In 2004 I had never even been to the UK let alone Glastonbury Festival, but my friend and I planned a last minute trip over all the same and we had the time of our lives.  So much we didn't plan for though.  We don't drive, and once we got to Castle Cary, we hadn't planned on how to get to the festival site - we hitch hiked and someone brought us.  Also, our flight back to the US was out of Heathrow at 14:00 on the monday after, which we made by the skin of our teeth.  We must have smelled amazing.  

Good times 

I can recall the tickets were online and by phone I was trying both at the same time and getting nowhere..they went on sale 8am Thursday and I think eventually I got mine about 6am Friday due to some link posted on these boards!

3 hours ago, incident said:

Out of interest, has anyone who was successful on Sunday tried contacting Seetickets to get their order split so that their ticket is delivered directly to them rather than someone they only know via here?

I can't remember whether this was possible in previous years or not.

I always thought delivery went to the ticket holder's registered address and not all to the person who booked? Or is it different in the resale?

3 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I always thought delivery went to the ticket holder's registered address and not all to the person who booked? Or is it different in the resale?

They all go to the lead booker on the order - for the General Sale, it's fine as the Balance Payment is the relevant order, and so it doesn't matter who you were initially grouped with - just pay your balances separately and you're fine.

For the resale, it's a bit more awkward - if the orders can't be split, then whoever the lead booker was is going to get all of the tickets regardless of whether someone in the group is on the other side of the world or not.

1 hour ago, incident said:

They all go to the lead booker on the order - for the General Sale, it's fine as the Balance Payment is the relevant order, and so it doesn't matter who you were initially grouped with - just pay your balances separately and you're fine.

For the resale, it's a bit more awkward - if the orders can't be split, then whoever the lead booker was is going to get all of the tickets regardless of whether someone in the group is on the other side of the world or not.

Isn't that a scenario that's unlikely to happen, because other side of the world orders needed to be created with non-uk cards?

23 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Isn't that a scenario that's unlikely to happen, because other side of the world orders needed to be created with non-uk cards?

Nope. You can have a mix of Domestic and International on the same order, it just assumes the status of the Lead Booker.

5 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

I can recall the tickets were online and by phone I was trying both at the same time and getting nowhere..they went on sale 8am Thursday and I think eventually I got mine about 6am Friday due to some link posted on these boards!

Didn’t they go on sale at 8pm? I do remember trying periodically through the night only to come into work and see the Freya link on here the next morning and getting straight through. 
It’s a much better system now!

1 minute ago, t0paz said:

Didn’t they go on sale at 8pm? I do remember trying periodically through the night only to come into work and see the Freya link on here the next morning and getting straight through. 
It’s a much better system now!

Yes sorry, I meant to say 8pm!

and yes it was the Freya link....not quite sure how it worked but I got tickets as a result!

Edited by gooner1990

58 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

and yes it was the Freya link....not quite sure how it worked but I got tickets as a result!

Yes. 2004. I eventually got through on the phone after 2 or 3 hours and then got some online for the rest of our group in the morning online when I got to work.

2 minutes ago, siblin said:

This makes sense and explains why we've seen that link open!  Thanks for the info

oh sorry just to be clear I was saying that was the link that had been picked up on by the checkers, not that I had been sent it by see tickets for bottle gate (I wish!). But from others input it sounds like that's why it has been open

I finally had a response from the bank, these are facts below:

I have the banks transaction number, merchants number, total amount, and the ref telephone number (01159). They have also categorically told me that the transaction was authorised and accepted @ 9:22.45.

I took a photo the second I had processing payment (9.22), with a countdown of 4 mins left to send to my group. 

So if these tickets had been allocated to me then they were there and available at the time and not sold out....

Never have I fought so hard for a vendor to take my payment, unfair I feel. 

Edited by joeltg

1 hour ago, joeltg said:

I finally had a response from the bank, these are facts below:

I have the banks transaction number, merchants number, total amount, and the ref telephone number (01159). They have also categorically told me that the transaction was authorised and accepted @ 9:22.45.

I took a photo the second I had processing payment (9.22), with a countdown of 4 mins left to send to my group. 

So if these tickets had been allocated to me then they were there and available at the time and not sold out....

Never have I fought so hard for a vendor to take my payment, unfair I feel. 

Sucks doesn't it. See have just stopped replying to me

5 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

Oh that Freya link! I couldn’t go that year but helped loads get them 

2 hours ago, leath02 said:

Anyone else's Distill tracker ping at 9am this morning? 

Still zero luck in getting through that registrations page, but was a very ominous time for it to go off... 

Didn’t notice anything personally.  What page?

Think it was the usual - https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/event/glastonbury-2022/worthy-farm/1450001

However on closer reflection of the email alert from Distill, it looks like it was just a language / translation change on some of the text. Which is odd. But wonder if it's something to do with where Distills servers run through and then google translate changing it

We carry on waiting... hoping...

Just now, leath02 said:

The page has now changed back to being closed! Whatever that means....

Just came to say the same thing. Guess it means all the bottlegaters are through/the window for them is closed. Can’t help but hope this might be followed up with some kind of ticket release but I think that’s a pipe dream haha