Resale success? Who’s in?

John the Moth

1 minute ago, clarkete said:

I'd rather it sells it quickly than the year i  was trying continously for 16 hours - and despite all that trying it was a pal who heard my plight and bought them for me in 5 mins. 

yeah agreed - i remember in 2009, and maybe 2010 when the server kept crashing and you'd spend the day trying to get tickets. 

For some people they had a session pinned to the wrong server, wrong DNS entries and all sorts, and you'd be editing your "hosts" file to point to a working server in order to get tickets.  

Remember in 2007 I think they put more tickets on sale so I texted my mate to tell him. "OK Ill nab them when I get home". And he did. No panic.

09, 10, 11 I had a contact in a promoters here who got my ticket so all I had to do was wait for the email to arrive in April and click through and pay. Glorious years. 

2 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Remember in 2007 I think they put more tickets on sale so I texted my mate to tell him. "OK Ill nab them when I get home". And he did. No panic.

09, 10, 11 I had a contact in a promoters here who got my ticket so all I had to do was wait for the email to arrive in April and click through and pay. Glorious years. 

2009 took about 6 months to sell out!

1 minute ago, gooner1990 said:

2009 took about 6 months to sell out!

even in 2015 the "secret" resale (which the official festival account announced on twitter) was open for 10/15 mins and you could very easily get on. I saw the tweet, texted a friend who needed a ticket, and they bought one. Very different to the madness of the year after

6 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Did it? Thats mental. Think thats when it became really difficult? 2010 on.

2011 on.

2010 everyone got sorted in the initial rush, with the site being accessible on demand after first couple hours, then it sold out later in the day when people were buying more casually.

14 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Did it? Thats mental. Think thats when it became really difficult? 2010 on.

2010 was my first year. I forgot about the sale and only noticed because a friend posted something on Facebook. I went online about 11:45 possibly even later and got them straightaway. 

Though 2010 was glorious sunshine and I didn't get through to get them in 2011. 

Bloody hell, See are a total shower....

Tesco Bank confirmed to me that the issues with payments being declined were indeed at the See end, and that my payments had been successfully authorised prior to being declined by See.

Tesco then said - As a result of Strong Customer Authentication, you may be asked to verify your identity more frequently when making a purchase on-line. This has created some challenges for retailers who are not ready to support the request for identity verification which will result in declined transactions. We suggest you contact the retailer and discuss how they might be able to support you to complete your purchase in these instances

See just responded to tell me they were sold out.  I just want them to acknowledge there was an issue, and reassure me they're doing something about it prior to October!

Edited by Greenelk
  • Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, leath02 said:

GlastoFestFeed racks up the times here - 

https://www.glastofestfeed.com/news/statistics/how-fast-glastonbury-festival-tickets-sold-out-previous-years/

No idea of accuracy, was lucky enough to bag in resale on Sunday after 2019 being our first year. Perfectly bookending the last two years 

Its inaccurate.

2009 tickets were on sale 'unofficially' as late as the end of May although the festival claimed it had sold out in Feb, if you clicked through you could get some.

Two of my friends got theirs a month before the gates opened.

7 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Aye.  I think it was 2010's amazing weather that provided the impetus for 2011 to become a scramble and it's been that way ever since.

Yep. 

Its had two waves of being crazy to get tickets 2004-2007, then 2008 died a death due to the bad weather of 2007 and the Jay-Z thing and only sold out on the 1st day of the festival, 2009 wasn't much better but then a cracking 2010 weatherwise set the precedent for 2011 and its been mayhem ever since.

9 minutes ago, Greenelk said:

Tesco Bank confirmed to me that the issues with payments being declined were indeed at the See end, and that my payments had been successfully authorised prior to being declined by See.

Tesco then said - As a result of Strong Customer Authentication, you may be asked to verify your identity more frequently when making a purchase on-line. This has created some challenges for retailers who are not ready to support the request for identity verification which will result in declined transactions. We suggest you contact the retailer and discuss how they might be able to support you to complete your purchase in these instances

See just responded to tell me they were sold out.  I just want them to acknowledge there was an issue, and reassure me they're doing something about it prior to October!

They won't want to admit it was their fault as they know you/your friends will then want the transaction (tickets) honoured.

8 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

They won't want to admit it was their fault as they know you/your friends will then want the transaction (tickets) honoured.

Yes, didn't think of that.  I'm sure (I hope) See will be looking into this, but it's just bloody frustrating, and worrying given that I'm sure we'll be seeing even stronger authentication going forward

1 minute ago, leath02 said:

What do we reckon to this activity? Readying the page for a ticket drop?

Still holding on hope for the remaining trio in our group.... 

It could be a genuine available ticket(s) that have all been gathered into someones basket, or could be enabled for a specific persons reg number.  Same thing happened around this time yesterday.

21 minutes ago, Greenelk said:

I had to verify my purchase via the App (I bank with first direct) and it went through no problem. So if it was an issue at See, it must have been something specific to Tesco Bank 

1 minute ago, Dave_c said:

I had to verify my purchase via the App (I bank with first direct) and it went through no problem. So if it was an issue at See, it must have been something specific to Tesco Bank 

Yes, Tesco suggested it might well be the case regarding the way they've done their authentication.