Resale success? Who’s in?

John the Moth

1 minute ago, abiwish said:

I also just got alerted to this! was on almost straight away but didn't let me proceed.. was wondering if it had been set up to allow specific registrations to purchase

I think that's a possibility with some of the complaints with water bottles etc.  

It was in this state for around 45 minutes, but I didn't notice until toward the end (as I was sending test emails at the time)

Just now, siblin said:

I think that's a possibility with some of the complaints with water bottles etc.  

It was in this state for around 45 minutes, but I didn't notice until toward the end (as I was sending test emails at the time)

I got pinged because I have the "tour" link monitored and that changed. Instead of just carparking and WV, a GA tab was added... clicked through almost immediately but after entering details it didn't let me proceed

1 minute ago, siblin said:

if the add reg page was up for 45 mins, I'm pretty sure the link through from the tour page was only there for maybe 5/10 mins

Just now, abiwish said:

if the add reg page was up for 45 mins, I'm pretty sure the link through from the tour page was only there for maybe 5/10 mins

I've just had the same experience.  Straight through to adding reg details but on clicking proceed I got the 'no tickets available' message.  Hammered refresh until the page disappeared a few minutes later. 

Too much of a flashback to Sunday morning for me!  Back to buying Carlsberg Export and Cheddar for now...

3 minutes ago, abiwish said:

Apologies - just rechecked and I misread - it was up from about 3:15 to around 3:24

2 minutes ago, prestonmanc said:

I've just had the same experience.  Straight through to adding reg details but on clicking proceed I got the 'no tickets available' message.  Hammered refresh until the page disappeared a few minutes later. 

Too much of a flashback to Sunday morning for me!  Back to buying Carlsberg Export and Cheddar for now...

ahh interesting. Would be very surprised if any tickets actually sold to unspecified regs in that time as I feel like I was on too fast to not even proceed... but it won't stop me getting my hopes up for some kind of ticket release ha. Agreed, sounds like I'll see you down the Co-op (in between being glued to the Oxfam portal...)

2 minutes ago, siblin said:

Apologies - just rechecked and I misread - it was up from about 3:15 to around 3:24

Ah yep that matches my time exactly. Interesting...

13 minutes ago, abiwish said:

ahh interesting. Would be very surprised if any tickets actually sold to unspecified regs in that time as I feel like I was on too fast to not even proceed... but it won't stop me getting my hopes up for some kind of ticket release ha. Agreed, sounds like I'll see you down the Co-op (in between being glued to the Oxfam portal...)

Ah yep that matches my time exactly. Interesting...

what site/app/extension do you use for monitoring? My app didn't pick anything up 😞

2 minutes ago, tj95 said:

what site/app/extension do you use for monitoring? My app didn't pick anything up 😞

distill and "page monitor", both chrome extensions. Only ping my laptop though so limited usefulness to when I'm using it. You can get emails from distill to see on your phone but I reached my monthly quota pretty quickly just by getting pinged for it picking up chrome offering "select language"  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, abiwish said:

distill and "page monitor", both chrome extensions. Only ping my laptop though so limited usefulness to when I'm using it. You can get emails from distill to see on your phone but I reached my monthly quota pretty quickly just by getting pinged for it picking up chrome offering "select language"  

I've re-activated my self-written page monitor which will fire off emails when something changes.   Some people in these forums will probably remember it well from secret sales of old.

If anyone needs anything like that DM me and I'll send the link to signup (anyone who was signed up before will have to do so again as I deleted everyone's emails).

• Upvote 4

46 minutes ago, siblin said:

I've re-activated my self-written page monitor which will fire off emails when something changes.   Some people in these forums will probably remember it well from secret sales of old.

If anyone needs anything like that DM me and I'll send the link to signup (anyone who was signed up before will have to do so again as I deleted everyone's emails).

Is this like the checkpage thing @Neildid previously?

5 minutes ago, siblin said:

Yeah he wrote his after mine, in part to add SMS functionality.

Run out of likes for today, but would recommend to those still looking for tickets, Neil's and/or yours helped me in 2016. 

1 hour ago, siblin said:

Can vouch for this, got a mate a ticket in a secret resale one year using this. 

Have you got one for campers or is it the same page? 

15 minutes ago, Divein said:

Can vouch for this, got a mate a ticket in a secret resale one year using this. 

Have you got one for campers or is it the same page? 

The solution will monitor the front page which has the "CAMPERVAN/CARAVAN TICKETS - SOLD OUT" button, so if that changes it'll pick up on it.  It monitors a few other pages too including the coach and ga tickets pages.

Its not specifically checking the page that ordinarily links to as im not sure what the "eventID" for that is - if anyone knows what that is I can monitor that page too.

3 minutes ago, siblin said:

The solution will monitor the front page which has the "CAMPERVAN/CARAVAN TICKETS - SOLD OUT" button, so if that changes it'll pick up on it.  It monitors a few other pages too including the coach and ga tickets pages.

Its not specifically checking the page that ordinarily links to as im not sure what the "eventID" for that is - if anyone knows what that is I can monitor that page too.

This any help https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/event/campervan-caravan-tickets/worthy-farm/1470000

2 hours ago, siblin said:

Thank you kind sir!

6 hours ago, siblin said:

have DM'd x

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Those were the days …

8831D47B-F1A5-4CD0-91DC-A83F51124A19.png

Glastonbury 1999 my friends were going and I decided I would just do Reading Festival... (!)

I was with them when they sauntered up to HMV in Oxford and asked for 5 tickets, the guy printed them off and they just handed the cash over.  Think were were only in the shop for 10 mins! 😄 

So easy!

1 hour ago, gigpusher said:

I know from a festival point of view it's great that it sells out so quickly but what I wouldn't give for it to be like those days. 

I'd rather it sells it quickly than the year i  was trying continously for 16 hours - and despite all that trying it was a pal who heard my plight and bought them for me in 5 mins.