Resale success? Who’s in?

John the Moth

1 minute ago, Greenelk said:

Yes, Tesco suggested it might well be the case regarding the way they've done their authentication.

That's a killer. I was worrying about that happening to me so had multiple cards ready and had a dilemma about which to use. Fortunately my main debit card went through. Really feel for everyone who had this issue, must be gutting. 

When is the Ticket Sale?
By Date:

And how long does it take to sell out?
25 August 2020 for 2021: Emily Eavis confirmed there would be no October ticket sale
1 October 2014 for 2015: Coach packages on sale - Sold out in 15 minutes
1 October 2015 for 2016: Coach packages on sale - Sold out in 23 minutes
3 October 2010 for 2011: Tickets on sale - Sold out in 4 hours
3 October 2013 for 2014: Coach packages on sale - Sold out in 28 minutes
3 October 2019 for 2020: Coach packages on sale - Sold out in 27 minutes
4 October 2009 for 2010: Tickets on sale - Sold out in 12 hours
4 October 2015 for 2016: General tickets on sale - Sold out in 33 minutes
4 October 2018 for 2019: Coach packages on sale - Sold out in 29 minutes
5 October 2008 for 2009: Tickets on sale - Sold out in February
5 October 2014 for 2015: General tickets on sale - Sold out in 26 minutes
6 October 2013 for 2014: General tickets on sale - Sold out in 1 hour 27 minutes
6 October 2016 for 2017: Coach packages on sale - Sold out in 22 minutes
7 October 2012 for 2013: Tickets on sale - Sold out in 1 hour 40 minutes
7 October 2018 for 2019: General tickets on sale - Sold out in 36 minutes
9 October 2016 for 2017: General tickets on sale - Sold out in 50 minutes
22 February 2002: Tickets on sale - Sold out after 25 days
31 March 2003: Tickets on sale - Sold out in 26 hours
1 April 2004: Tickets on sale - Sold out in 24 hours
1 April 2007: Tickets on sale (1st year of registration system) - Sold out in 2 hours
3 April 2005: Tickets on sale - Sold out in 1 hour 45 Minutes
6 April 2008: Tickets on sale - Sold out one day before the festival

Like others, i managed to get my tickets on Sunday. To say it was an emotional rollercoaster doesn't really do it justice.

First up, about 10 minutes before the start I notice that the email address registered to my account was from the company who made me redundant during COVID. Don't worry my glasto vet mate says, reg number and postcode are all you need. OK says I.

Then the clock ticks to 9 and the usual chaos ensues, getting on the server, inputting details, 1 person in the group with an incorrect postcode (🤬), getting kicked off the server, frantic texts to get the right postcode, getting back onto the server, getting through to the payment page only to freeze, then a text from one of the group saying we are in, then comes through the screen grab showing our booking was successful.

Relief. I sit back and just burst into tears.

You see, on top of all the usual stress, it was mothers day. My Mum sadly passed away last August and this was my first mothers day without her, that in itself had me in a melancholy mood, but the other thing about my Mum was that her birthday is .... June 25th. As you can imagine, that means I missed her birthday for Glastonbury (and IOW in fallow years) many times in the past. She never complained, she knew how much I loved the festival, she was always buzzing when we got our tickets. 

So, the usual glasto ticket sales rollercoaster plus my mum just meant I was in bits for about an hour, I was exhausted, happy, sad, elated, gutted all in one. Plus I was still nervous because of the email issue (despite confirmation from friends that it would be fine) and the fact that i needed to jump straight back in and bag a Campervan ticket - I do now have a confirmation email from SEE Tickets that I have a confirmed Glastonbury ticket so my final piece of nervousness is gone and i am in full on celebration mode. 

I will have a drink on the farm for my mum, on her birthday. 

Congrats to all who succeeded, commiserations to those that didn't. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Gnomicide said:

When is the Ticket Sale?
By Date:

And how long does it take to sell out?
25 August 2020 for 2021: Emily Eavis confirmed there would be no October ticket sale
1 October 2014 for 2015: Coach packages on sale - Sold out in 15 minutes
1 October 2015 for 2016: Coach packages on sale - Sold out in 23 minutes
3 October 2010 for 2011: Tickets on sale - Sold out in 4 hours
3 October 2013 for 2014: Coach packages on sale - Sold out in 28 minutes
3 October 2019 for 2020: Coach packages on sale - Sold out in 27 minutes
4 October 2009 for 2010: Tickets on sale - Sold out in 12 hours
4 October 2015 for 2016: General tickets on sale - Sold out in 33 minutes
4 October 2018 for 2019: Coach packages on sale - Sold out in 29 minutes
5 October 2008 for 2009: Tickets on sale - Sold out in February
5 October 2014 for 2015: General tickets on sale - Sold out in 26 minutes
6 October 2013 for 2014: General tickets on sale - Sold out in 1 hour 27 minutes
6 October 2016 for 2017: Coach packages on sale - Sold out in 22 minutes
7 October 2012 for 2013: Tickets on sale - Sold out in 1 hour 40 minutes
7 October 2018 for 2019: General tickets on sale - Sold out in 36 minutes
9 October 2016 for 2017: General tickets on sale - Sold out in 50 minutes
22 February 2002: Tickets on sale - Sold out after 25 days
31 March 2003: Tickets on sale - Sold out in 26 hours
1 April 2004: Tickets on sale - Sold out in 24 hours
1 April 2007: Tickets on sale (1st year of registration system) - Sold out in 2 hours
3 April 2005: Tickets on sale - Sold out in 1 hour 45 Minutes
6 April 2008: Tickets on sale - Sold out one day before the festival

I know what the official line is on 2009 festival...however you could still click through and buy tickets as late as May 2009 as two friends of mine got some.

1 minute ago, gooner1990 said:

I know what the official line is on 2009 festival...however you could still click through and buy tickets as late as May 2009 as two friends of mine got some.

Yeah, just read your post on that. Interesting. Not sure I can put that on The Thingy though. Officially sold out in Feb But gooner1990 said his mates got some in May 🙂

3 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Yeah, just read your post on that. Interesting. Not sure I can put that on The Thingy though. Officially sold out in Feb But gooner1990 said his mates got some in May 🙂

Yeh its fine, I wouldn't expect you to...just grinds my gears whenever I read it as I know its not true! 🙂 

You know what, I may add a note. "Anecdotally tickets could still be bought up until one week before the festival". 

That'd be resale tickets, though, which for my taste is a different beast.

It definitely sold out initially, and February sounds about right - they were definitely still available in late January because I got a friend hers then, and they were definitely sold out well before the balance payment came around in April.

You know what, I may add a note. "Anecdotally tickets could still be bought up until one week before the festival". 

Could be a goer....would be interesting if anyone else was to say the same...on here or Twitter.   

I'm fairly sure I was only aware of it via these boards, (not sure if the search goes that far back)  and I do wonder if they were just returns of people who didn't pay the balance? 

3 minutes ago, incident said:

It definitely sold out initially, and February sounds about right - they were definitely still available in late January because I got a friend hers then, and they were definitely sold out well before the balance payment came around in April.

Good point.

10 minutes ago, incident said:

I can't recall there ever being an official resale, the two friends I mention were looking out for tickets for a couple of months...then I somehow (through here perhaps?) found out that tickets were available on the website in late May, sold my mates and they clicked through and bought them.

Just now, gooner1990 said:

I can't recall there ever being an official resale, the two friends I mention were looking out for tickets for a couple of months...then I somehow (through here perhaps?) found out that tickets were available on the website in late May, sold my mates and they clicked through and bought them.

Sure, still a resale though regardless of whether it's announced or not.

2 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Secret resale that just somehow managed to last a few months! 😄 

Why do you assume it lasted a few months?

Tickets definitely did sell out*, at some point before April. They were also put back on sale later - according to this efests article on May 9th. That's the very definition of a resale.

* or at least, were no longer on sale.

5 minutes ago, incident said:

Why do you assume it lasted a few months?

Tickets definitely did sell out*, at some point before April. They were also put back on sale later - according to this efests article on May 9th. That's the very definition of a resale.

* or at least, were no longer on sale.

My friends bought them at the end of May, so that's three weeks at least, and then someone has posted on this thread that they bought one a week before the festival which to me suggests they were on sale for a good while and for over a month.

Just now, gooner1990 said:

My friends bought them at the end of May, so that's three weeks at least, and then someone has posted on this thread that they bought one a week before the festival which to me suggests they were on sale for a good while and for over a month.

While I can't say this for certain, I would expect that there were a few different smaller resales over that period rather than a single month plus long one.

I don't know for sure that's what happened in 2009 specifically - but it has definitely happened like that in a few different years.

Either way, it wasn't part of the initial sale.

I’ve just scrolled through years of Facebook posts to find the exact dates.. My first year was 2008 (sorry) which was the year I got the tickets 20th June. So 2009 was my second year.. got the tickets on 18th May 2009 so actually earlier than I thought! Must have been a resale! 

2 minutes ago, incident said:

While I can't say this for certain, I would expect that there were a few different smaller resales over that period rather than a single month plus long one.

I don't know for sure that's what happened in 2009 specifically - but it has definitely happened like that in a few different years.

Either way, it wasn't part of the initial sale.

feel like we are just going round in circles now. 🙂 

all I know is two mates of mine bought tickets very easily at the end of may that year.