Resale success? Who’s in?

John the Moth

17 minutes ago, abiwish said:

Just came to say the same thing. Guess it means all the bottlegaters are through/the window for them is closed. Can’t help but hope this might be followed up with some kind of ticket release but I think that’s a pipe dream haha

My thoughts exactly, we live in hope..

I can't see there being another 'secret' resale... the bottle issue coupled with April's VAT rise has probably stopped any further potential sales (sadly - as I have ticketless friends!). There are some good working options still available though, and a few competitions so keep the hope!

I guess it's good news the page has changed back for those of us hoping for another resale.  When the page was open, there was no way of knowing if tickets had been made available other than repeatedly trying to buy one. At least now we should get a notification when the site changes (should any more tickets go on sale).

What's the score here, are these actually a thing? I've heard them mentioned before but I wouldn't risk it, probably a scam but if anyone is truly desperate, is it worth a punt?

Edited by Gnomicide

5 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

I can't see there being another 'secret' resale... the bottle issue coupled with April's VAT rise has probably stopped any further potential sales (sadly - as I have ticketless friends!). There are some good working options still available though, and a few competitions so keep the hope!

I know there’s no secret resales these days, but it did get me wondering what happens to tickets cancelled & refunded before the 6th May cutoff. 

Guess it’s probably a pretty low number - most people who commit to the balance payment are going to go! - but there must be a few. Does the festival just take that as a loss and there are xx fewer people through the gates?

Or are they reallocated to hospitality or something? 

1 minute ago, Gnomicide said:

What's the score here, are these actually a thing? I've heard them mentioned before but I wouldn't risk it, probably a scam but if anyone is truly desperate, is it worth a pint?

This looks dodgy as hell. 😬

11 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

What's the score here, are these actually a thing? I've heard them mentioned before but I wouldn't risk it, probably a scam but if anyone is truly desperate, is it worth a pint?

Agree with Jimmillen, that looks really dodgy.

There's quite a few claiming to sell normal tickets on Twitter, face value too which somehow makes it even more dodgy, if genuine, I know they'd lose £25 but a refund is surely easier.

As I say, I'd avoid like the plague but was just wondering about the EPO thing. These have been mentioned before but by people claiming to have bought them off someone near the festival, just wondering what the idea is behind it really.

10 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I should be able to confirm if those Epos are legit or not … someone has contacted the person in charge of epos for the festival and will get back to me 

Their nick was not very old and had very few followers for anyone dealing with so many popular things.

Didn't find a single search match for "global tickets direct ltd"

Not listed here either https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/

Edited by clarkete

EPO wristbands would effectively mean General Staff - so distinct from Public, Hospitality, Market Trader, Artists, or any area-specific crew.

In short - if they're really able to acquire EPO bands for sale, then it'd have to be because a contractor (or sub contractor) of the Festival had sold them on - which obviously is very much against their terms and conditions. Any organisation that did this and got caught would be certain to lose their contract with the Festival, and be blacklisted for future years work (as has happened with security companies in the past).

14 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Was there something last time where you couldn't just use an EPO, you also needed ID? Possibly a change from previous years?

With it having been a few years I don't 100% remember but I think in 2019 they had RFID tags on them? Like the kind fests use for cashless payments. Sure I remember getting mine scanned when I came through the gate into and off site every day - if that was the case I imagine it's to stop people from slipping them off, handing them to someone else to take outside the fence and selling them on. 

37 minutes ago, oakdown said:

With it having been a few years I don't 100% remember but I think in 2019 they had RFID tags on them? Like the kind fests use for cashless payments. Sure I remember getting mine scanned when I came through the gate into and off site every day - if that was the case I imagine it's to stop people from slipping them off, handing them to someone else to take outside the fence and selling them on. 

That was what I was thinking of.