Resale success? Who’s in?

John the Moth

The reply from See was to the level I expected.  Totally ignored my question "why did payments where additional authentication was needed fail, despite successfully being authorised on the banks app" and sent me

"I am sorry to hear you encountered an issue when trying to process your payment.

Tickets are not guaranteed until payment has been processed. It is not until this point that tickets are held."

12 hours ago, markussnoopy said:

first post in 3 years... <wipes off dustwebs>. A legendary festival buddy of ours based in Bristol got us tickets

Had to cut a planned Ibiza trip short because.. you know .. Glastonbury..

did not think we would be going... failed miserably getting them in Oct 2019... seems like a lifetime ago

yep, same, failed in 2019, didnt think stood a chance in this resale, but luck was with us and me pal nabbed some at 09.03, feel genuinely lucky when you hear the stories of others and water bottles etc, that long wait while the card processed is grim... then joy when the email comes.

Got a reply back from Seetickets after Sundays Fiasco ....

Got through to the site @ 9.22, processed the payment to the point of approving in my banking app, didn't receive a final processed payment page.

Called my bank because I was concerned, was told that they had approved it and it will all be fine. Lovely, I am in for the group of 4. 

Pending transaction disappears Sunday afternoon, haven't stopped thinking about it since....if I haven't got to that point it would of been easier and I wouldn't be having night sweats!! 

Truly and utterly completely gutted....not ready to go full Will Smith just yet though....

11 minutes ago, joeltg said:

Got a reply back from Seetickets after Sundays Fiasco ....

Got through to the site @ 9.22, processed the payment to the point of approving in my banking app, didn't receive a final processed payment page.

Called my bank because I was concerned, was told that they had approved it and it will all be fine. Lovely, I am in for the group of 4. 

Pending transaction disappears Sunday afternoon, haven't stopped thinking about it since....if I haven't got to that point it would of been easier and I wouldn't be having night sweats!! 

Truly and utterly completely gutted....not ready to go full Will Smith just yet though....

Did you get any email from them or can you get a recording from your call to the bank. If I' gotten that far I think I would be taking it up with either my bank or see tickets. 

Just now, gigpusher said:

Did you get any email from them or can you get a recording from your call to the bank. If I' gotten that far I think I would be taking it up with either my bank or see tickets. 

I had an email through, so working on obtaining the bank recording Gigpusher. 

If you want something enough and all that right?! 

Just now, joeltg said:

I had an email through, so working on obtaining the bank recording Gigpusher. 

If you want something enough and all that right?! 

Yes I certainly would give it a little fight if the bank was responsible they'd be at least paying for a weekend away to help me get over the trauma. Preferably to Somerset in late June 😄 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Yes I certainly would give it a little fight if the bank was responsible they'd be at least paying for a weekend away to help me get over the trauma. Preferably to Somerset in late June 😄 

Haha absolutely, I can be persistent......the last time I missed out I worked it Litter picking. 16, rough weather if I remember. 

Happily take that gig again but even that looks unlikely at present. 

If we want it enough the universe will make it happen right! 

2 minutes ago, joeltg said:

Haha absolutely, I can be persistent......the last time I missed out I worked it Litter picking. 16, rough weather if I remember. 

Happily take that gig again but even that looks unlikely at present. 

If we want it enough the universe will make it happen right! 

Absolutely!!! 

• Upvote 1

My brother in law and his wife got through ok. I'm going with Oxfam this year as I had Priority. 2019 was the first time that Pete EVER failed to get our tickets so he's going to be well pleased. Hopefully, I will still be able to get to the usual Efests meet especially as this year is my 30th Glastonbury and if I get elected to Rhondda Cynon Taff County Borough Council on My 5th I will be on a massive high. Lets's have a PAARRRTAAY!!!

17 minutes ago, Martin Ashford said:

My brother in law and his wife got through ok. I'm going with Oxfam this year as I had Priority. 2019 was the first time that Pete EVER failed to get our tickets so he's going to be well pleased. Hopefully, I will still be able to get to the usual Efests meet especially as this year is my 30th Glastonbury and if I get elected to Rhondda Cynon Taff County Borough Council on My 5th I will be on a massive high. Lets's have a PAARRRTAAY!!!

Wow 30, that puts me to shame, well done.

On 3/28/2022 at 11:26 PM, Ellie1996 said:

Are we likely to see any more tickets go on sale? I know it’s sold out but has there been more released in previous years? 
gutted I didn’t manage to get one for partner 😞

I'm  hoping so.  I have 2 x to get.  The final refund window is the 6th of May.  

Bar the unannounced coach resale on Sunday, there haven't been a secret sale since 2016.  Any one remember the year the coaches went up pretty much every week?!?!

That said one year I did manage a booking on the 18th May!  Care of @siblin and his page tracker

21 hours ago, Greenelk said:

The reply from See was to the level I expected.  Totally ignored my question "why did payments where additional authentication was needed fail, despite successfully being authorised on the banks app" and sent me

"I am sorry to hear you encountered an issue when trying to process your payment.

Tickets are not guaranteed until payment has been processed. It is not until this point that tickets are held."

I'm still waiting for a reply about my duplicate registration no issue... stopped us buying completely.   We could load them but not proceed.  X2 of the registrations were subsequently used for the secret coach sale, so I'm suitably miffed!

On 3/29/2022 at 10:48 AM, Greenelk said:

Got the same reply after my third email. Have messaged trying to get some clarity but not hopeful. Worried about pissing them off and being blacklisted from future sales now haha

Six computers, one ipad and a phone.  All flashing bright white.  I am in a queue.  I am well and truly in a queue.  I am well and truly stuck, in a queue. Ten minutes pass.  Nothing.  Not a sniff.  The same story for the other four people trying.  Nothing at all.  The phone rings.  Not a number I've stored.  Could it be someone from efests...? "Hello?"  "er, Hi, is that Ernest Worthing? I've got through to the booking page".  Shit shit shit shit shit, we could be on.  Ok, calm, breathe.  Mark, our helpful knight in shining armour is clicking.  Clicking.  I'm breathing.  Trying to breathe.  "Sorry, there's a problem, it's saying "unable to allocate tickets". " Shit shit shit shit shit, we're not on.  Shit. Fuck.  Sold out? None of the screens are saying so.  Mark will call me back if he manages to get through.  Flashing.  Flashing.  Bright white queue.  I am stuck in a queue, well and truly stuck.  Shit.  The phone rings.  It's Mark.  "I'm in." Shit shit shit shit shit, this could be happening.  "just need your credit card details".  Any hesitation in giving my credit card details to a (former) stranger? Absolutely none of it.  Details successfully handed over.  "ah, it wants you to authorise it on your app." Oh, ok, that's fine, it's done that before, I'll just load up the app.  I've been logged out of the app.  There is a timer in play. Shit shit shit shit shit.  SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT. FUCK SHIT FUCK SHIT FUCK.  Ok, I'll just put my details in, quickly, and authorise it.  Tick tock tick tock. I remember my password, my Mother's maiden name and inside leg measurement.  Tick tock tick tock. Ok, I'm registered, now I just need to authorise it.  Where's the authorise button? I can't find one. I can't find anything relating to one. Tick tock tick tock. Shit shit shit. Ok, I can just get to it from notifications, that'll do it.  The notification has gone. Vanished. Shit shit shit shit shit.  "Erm, can we try a different card please" "yes, but we need to be quick, the timer is ticking" tick tock tick tock. Shit shit shit.  Fumble round and find my barclaycard.  That'll do it, no fancy apps here, nothing to authorise, maybe a few digits from the password at worst, hope I can remember it.  Hand over the digits...

"erm, it says you need an app?"

SHIT FUCK SHIT FUCK SHIT FUCK SHIT FUCK SHIT SHIT FUCK FUCK SHIT. What the actual fuck? It's never said this before? I don't have an app. I've never had an app.  It's never asked for an app before? WHY DOES THE UNIVERSE HATE ME? "erm, maybe we could try the tesco card again now I've registered for that app?" tick tock tick tock fuck.  "wait, it says it can text you a code, would that be ok?" There is a God and simple message service is his name. "yeah, that'll work".  Waiting for the text message to arrive. Tick tock tick tock. Come on you numbery bastard, arrive..  "ok, I've got it".

"we're in."

I'd like to say I was jubilant, excited, thrilled.  All I felt was sheer pure relief. Never again. I'm never going through that again. It's taking years off my life, too much, it's all just too much.  See you in October.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 3/28/2022 at 10:31 PM, markussnoopy said:

first post in 3 years... <wipes off dustwebs>. A legendary festival buddy of ours based in Bristol got us tickets

Had to cut a planned Ibiza trip short because.. you know .. Glastonbury..

did not think we would be going... failed miserably getting them in Oct 2019... seems like a lifetime ago

Have my first trip to Ibiza two weeks after Glasto!

Massive congrats to everyone who had resale success last weekend! So so pleased that efesters seemed to have such good luck and pleased to see @crazyfool1is in! 73/75 is no mean feat. 

I was trying for friends on Sunday and didn't even get a look in at the booking page so was unfortunately unable to lend a hand trying for efesters. However, our group ended up being pretty successful in procuring the tickets we needed so happy days!

With all that in mind, to those people who weren't quite so lucky I was gonna offer up the Glastonbury cheese codes for people to use. We usually buy a block a week or so from our local and I'm happy to send over my codes which will otherwise go unused to people still in need (assuming the competition is still running?!). Might not be great odds but it's something right? Just drop me a message and if I have a code available that I've not yet given out I'll ping it your way.

Cheers and see some of you at the meet!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Sundance said:

Massive congrats to everyone who had resale success last weekend! So so pleased that efesters seemed to have such good luck and pleased to see @crazyfool1is in! 73/75 is no mean feat. 

I was trying for friends on Sunday and didn't even get a look in at the booking page so was unfortunately unable to lend a hand trying for efesters. However, our group ended up being pretty successful in procuring the tickets we needed so happy days!

With all that in mind, to those people who weren't quite so lucky I was gonna offer up the Glastonbury cheese codes for people to use. We usually buy a block a week or so from our local and I'm happy to send over my codes which will otherwise go unused to people still in need (assuming the competition is still running?!). Might not be great odds but it's something right? Just drop me a message and if I have a code available that I've not yet given out I'll ping it your way.

Cheers and see some of you at the meet!

Think @vintagelaureatewould really appreciate those. 

Sunday morning: woke about 0830 - grabbed a coffee.  Turned on work laptop (GF and her mum were also trying from the same house).

There were a group of 4 of us and a group of 3 trying to get resale tickets (helped by the wider group who already had tickets). 

09:00  - just got the holding page. By about 0920, GF, her mum and I agreed that all tickets had probably sold out so we all gave up....

Thing is though...we have a WhatsApp group for the Glastonbury Gang and we always agree not to post on it whilst we're trying to actually buy tickets (too distracting...)....

I go outside for a consolation vape....then I can hear my GF shouting ('screaming' would be a better description) = "CHECK THE WHATSAPP GROUP!". One of the gang had managed to get through and book for the group of 4 (which included my GF and I). So we're in.

Can't wait and trying to pretend to remember to take it steady in the first few days (which wasn't what I did in 2019 - my first Glastonbury 🙄). 

Don't want to give anyone false hope, and I'm sure there'll be a yawn of "here we go again", but I was just playing with my page monitor (digging out old code) and noticed the GA url was allowing you to enter details. https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/gfl/event/glastonbury-2022/worthy-farm/1450001

by the time I found some unused details to check it had gone again sadly. 

4 hours ago, Rex2 said:

Got the same reply after my third email. Have messaged trying to get some clarity but not hopeful. Worried about pissing them off and being blacklisted from future sales now haha

I got another response where they blamed by credit card company (Tesco Bank) and I should contact them.  Tesco straight away said it wasn't a problem at their end, and that my payments were successfully authorised by them!

Just now, siblin said:

Don't want to give anyone false hope, and I'm sure there'll be a yawn of "here we go again", but I was just playing with my page monitor (digging out old code) and noticed the GA url was allowing you to enter details. https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/gfl/event/glastonbury-2022/worthy-farm/1450001

by the time I found some unused details to check it had gone again sadly. 

I also just got alerted to this! was on almost straight away but didn't let me proceed.. was wondering if it had been set up to allow specific registrations to purchase