Festival layout/map 2022

March Hare

10 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

Nope only went up in April.  Its where the sound desk usually is.

Fair enough. 

Ok. My last thought is.

I actually always have missed the glade being the original glade. One of my first and favouite raves was in the original Glade. The g stage faced out into the trees and there was no roof just the odd tarpaulin, lights and flags but mostly those magical trees.  Paul oakenfold 98/99. Hybrid live.

If they are going back to this vibe with open trees, then they could be onto something. But if they just choose to make it a bar (with a roof and therefore no tree views) then they've just ruined one of the last proper naturally lovely places of the festival. Dancing with the sunset through that glade ...

Edited by danbailey80

5 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

Nope only went up in April.  Its where the sound desk usually is.

2 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

So basically seems like the Glade is shifting over to right as you look at the stage then? And where it normally is might be a bar or seating area?

Who knows what changes 2022 will bring to the Glade... and the rest of Glastonbury for that matter.

I'm looking forward to finding out and I bet I won't be disappointed.

Meanwhile I love the speculation going on in this thread 😄

8 minutes ago, Staberinde said:

It was that to be sure.

A grand circular wooden and canvas structure with booths around the circumference. If you were lucky enough to get a table it was a great place to to drink for a couple of hours and soak in the great atmosphere and watch the varied entertainment.

Use this link to listen to Vent, recorded at the Pussy Parlour in 2009 by the BBC

Annie Nightingale Show recorded at the Pussy Parlour

Inside_Pussy_Parlure_(323787210).jpg

This structure was at Bestival a few times, back when it was in the Isle of Wight.

Just now, stuie said:

This structure was at Bestival a few times, back when it was in the Isle of Wight.

I thought it must have been used elsewhere Stuie, thanks,

I wonder where it is now, maybe these structures fail after a while form wear and tear ?

6 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

Fair enough. 

Ok. My last thought is.

I actually always have missed the glade being the original glade. One of my first and favouite raves was in the original Glade. The g stage faced out into the trees and there was no roof just the odd tarpaulin, lights and flags but mostly those magical trees.  Paul oakenfold 98/99. Hybrid live.

If they are going back to this vibe with open trees, then they could be onto something. But if they just choose to make it a bar (with a roof and therefore no tree views) then they've just ruined one of the last proper naturally lovely places of the festival. Dancing with the sunset through that glade ...

That sunset 🙂

glade.png

9 minutes ago, Staberinde said:

I wonder where it is now, maybe these structures fail after a while form wear and tear ?

I think it may be the same structure that is used as the Spiegeltent each year at the Brighton Fringe.

8488AD0D-AB7F-402E-8F2F-2AAECA4A1CDD.webp

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Staberinde said:

It was that to be sure.

A grand circular wooden and canvas structure with booths around the circumference. If you were lucky enough to get a table it was a great place to to drink for a couple of hours and soak in the great atmosphere and watch the varied entertainment.

Use this link to listen to Vent, recorded at the Pussy Parlour in 2009 by the BBC

Annie Nightingale Show recorded at the Pussy Parlour

Inside_Pussy_Parlure_(323787210).jpg

Of all the odd decisions the Eavii occasionally make, binning that off is right up there.

The tent never had an identity and became increasingly poorly booked. 

24 minutes ago, Staberinde said:

13 minutes ago, AshwaGandhi said:

I think it may be the same structure that is used as the Spiegeltent each year at the Brighton Fringe.

8488AD0D-AB7F-402E-8F2F-2AAECA4A1CDD.webp

I’m not 100% sure now… maybe it was the same. Brighton and Bestival look similar but maybe Glasto one was different, or just refurbished! 

C5293867-62CE-4B57-B1FD-5943D4B009B7.jpeg

1 hour ago, incident said:

Avalon Cafe Stage isn't gone, though. That info wasn't spot on.

The Stage is confirmed as still there just with a different catering outlet attached.

Yes, it’s the flying machine cafe who are operating it, stage is still there. They were up at Worthy View last time . 

4 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I can't see that there's space for Glade Lounge and Spaceport and The Glade Stage in that area any more.  They might be able to move Spaceport down a bit, but it wouldn't surprise me if the rumours of Glade Cafe going actually referred to Glade Lounge.

Unless something has been moved into the tree area? 

Off topic a bit, I always get frustrated when it says you can't 'like - upvote - thanks' anymore today, I dunno why there is a limit.

Anyway, some great reply's regards to the PP, considered your posts 'Loved and Thanked' 😍👍

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I can't see that there's space for Glade Lounge and Spaceport and The Glade Stage in that area any more.  They might be able to move Spaceport down a bit, but it wouldn't surprise me if the rumours of Glade Cafe going actually referred to Glade Lounge.

Detailed 2019 map for comparison.

Think you're right, I'd say the two bits in that area are becoming one.

Screenshot_20220504-224827.png

3 minutes ago, Staberinde said:

Off topic a bit, I always get frustrated when it says you can't 'like - upvote - thanks' anymore today, I dunno why there is a limit.

Anyway, some great reply's regards to the PP, considered your posts 'Loved and Thanked' 😍👍

I think it's because we get alot of trolls who enjoy downvoting everything so maybe it's easier to limit all votes 

25 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Gotta be a Glade announcement tomorrow, I reckon

Then Common Friday? 

That'd be a hell of a week of announcements. 

Hopefully they'll let us know what's going on with the rejig... 

2 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

Poly-Ritmo (a DJ playing in Shangri-La is playing on a late night venue called Platform 23 - is this a new venue?

No mention of it in the 2019 line-up page.

Where have they said this?

3 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Is there any love for Spaceport? Obviously not my thing but I never really see anyone mention it. Would it be missed?

I went in it a fair bit in 2017 as a mate was working on the bar and went and had a dance on the Thurs evening in 2019 to some 90s bangers….it’s not that big and gets very hot as it’s an enclosed venue.  Possibly will be better utilised as a covered outdoor stage