Festival layout/map 2022

March Hare

13 minutes ago, justinbeeba said:

Ah thank you. Hopefully the replacements will fill the void.

I hope the Sensation stage hasn't been scrapped as well (not labelled too). Saw the Wheel of Fortune Power Rangers a few times in the early 10s and they were great fun!

I believe that stage was confirmed with the theatre and circus announcement 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

I'm convinced the glade stage has been there in some form since it moved from its 2000 G Stage vibe. 

Are you not all thinking of the glade lounge? 

The Glade Stage wasn't there in 2013 when they moved Arcadia over that way. They had the Spirit of '71 stage which had some pretty similar acts on very close though.

This article even mentions the pizza place: https://www.gigwise.com/news/89883/

2 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

It was gone in 2011. That article says it's back for 2013.

Eh?

"The Glade area will be returning to Glastonbury in 2014, organisers have announced.

The site, much-loved amongst Glastonbury-goers, was omitted from 2013's event as it was too close to Arcadia, and was instead presented as The Glade Pizza area."

5 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

Eh?

"The Glade area will be returning to Glastonbury in 2014, organisers have announced.

The site, much-loved amongst Glastonbury-goers, was omitted from 2013's event as it was too close to Arcadia, and was instead presented as The Glade Pizza area."

Ignore me. I've had a hard day. 2011 was even one of the few times I've watched an act in there.

Edited by Gnomicide

8 minutes ago, Splatt said:

Didn't word that Avalon Cafe and Glade were no more emerge at same time. Cafe info was 100% spot on and with this latest map update suggests to me Glade intel may well turn out true as well.  

Avalon Cafe Stage isn't gone, though. That info wasn't spot on.

The Stage is confirmed as still there just with a different catering outlet attached.

Edited by incident

1 minute ago, Adam75 said:

The Carl Cox Facebook post about Arcadia, also said he was playing the Glade stage

Yeah. Disco set one afternoon. Think he’s done that a few times hasn’t he?

1 hour ago, justinbeeba said:

Just checked the map and there's no sign of Pussy Parlour. This will be my first festival since 2016 and that was my favourite tent to pop in to on the late walks back to Bushy Ground. Is there bad news for me on the horizon?

Not been the same since they changed it to a tent. Old PP was a thing of beauty.

5 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Yeah. Disco set one afternoon. Think he’s done that a few times hasn’t he?

Def 2019. Thought this was a first. Was at least 2 hours? 

The fact he's playing "glade stage" this year doesn't mean the stage hasn't moved. Could still be called Glade stage but be in New area. 

7 minutes ago, Staberinde said:

May 2nd 2022 😄 😉

Glade.JPG

I'm not sure that tiny canopy means much tbh. That would usually be where the main glade stage would be I think (i.e. a huge solid white roof). Either it's:

1. Beed there most the Spring just for the family/ fun

2. It's been put up to replace the glade stage (unlikely)

3. Fuck knows. 

Edited by danbailey80
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Staberinde said:

May 2nd 2022 😄 😉

Glade.JPG

Ah great you got the 4 tree trunks in the centre that I posted about earlier. These have not been there before and rather get in the way of the dance floor. Hence why i think this is going to be a bar area

Just now, danbailey80 said:

I'm not sure that tiny canopy means much tbh. That would usually be where the main glade stage would be I think (i.e. a huge solid white roof). Either it's:

1. Beed there most the Spring just for the family/ fum

2. It's been put up to replace the glade stage (unlikely)

3. Fuck knows. 

Nope only went up in April.  Its where the sound desk usually is.

10 minutes ago, Keithy said:

Not been the same since they changed it to a tent. Old PP was a thing of beauty.

It was that to be sure.

A grand circular wooden and canvas structure with booths around the circumference. If you were lucky enough to get a table it was a great place to to drink for a couple of hours and soak in the great atmosphere and watch the varied entertainment.

Use this link to listen to Vent, recorded at the Pussy Parlour in 2009 by the BBC

Annie Nightingale Show recorded at the Pussy Parlour

Inside_Pussy_Parlure_(323787210).jpg

Edited by Staberinde
  • Like 1