Tips for Securing a Ticket: Resale Edition

leonaves

With there being two different pages - one for wed and one for thurs, does anyone know how we should split numbers going for each? I'd assume theres a lot more wednesday coaches than thursday ones? Anyone got a reccomendation / number on it?

I have a PC with two screens, and a laptop. My strategy is to have Firefox open on one screen, and Chrome on the other. Both browser windows fill half the screen, in the middle. Either side are word documents with the registration/payment information written out for quick copy and pasting. I load the sound of a clock’s second hand ticking away so I don’t exceed the limit, and move my mouse back and forth between the screens, pressing F5 each time. It actually takes some focus to keep in that zone with the alertness to stop immediately you get through.

Meanwhile, my laptop uses my phone’s hotspot connection and runs auto refresh every two seconds as described in the first post, with a keyword chosen so it will stop itself if that keyword disappears. 

Christ, I’ve got clammy palms just remembering all that. 

15 minutes ago, Hotchilidog said:

Does anyone else just go one device, one browser? I prefer to only have one screen to worry about whilst I am in full on ticket mode. Twice I have managed to secure coach tickets (once in a resale) on my commute home on my phone. No idea how I entered my card info on those two occasions I was shaking so much!

yeah i'm a one device one browser kinda guy. chrome on incognito and i got tickets in coach and transacted twice in general for the original 2020 sale

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, squirrelarmy said:

Does this mean I have to wear pants?

No!  You are more likely to get a ticket if you’ve got your bits out. There’s a ring fenced pool of tickets for people with naturist leanings- to preserve the demographic of the festival 

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, gfa said:

I'd assume theres a lot more wednesday coaches than thursday ones? 

I've never heard anyone say that and indeed it often seems that Weds coaches sell out first, as they're obviously very popular.

15 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I have a PC with two screens, and a laptop. My strategy is to have Firefox open on one screen, and Chrome on the other. Both browser windows fill half the screen, in the middle. Either side are word documents with the registration/payment information written out for quick copy and pasting. I load the sound of a clock’s second hand ticking away so I don’t exceed the limit, and move my mouse back and forth between the screens, pressing F5 each time. It actually takes some focus to keep in that zone with the alertness to stop immediately you get through.

Meanwhile, my laptop uses my phone’s hotspot connection and runs auto refresh every two seconds as described in the first post, with a keyword chosen so it will stop itself if that keyword disappears. 

Jeez I'm not surprised, that sounds like blinking Countdown.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, leonaves said:

I apologise, and I can't edit the original post any more (if anyone knows how that would be great) but you're both right, that was a typo. It's 60 a minute.

You can't just click on the three dots and click edit?  It lets me do that with my posts which are older than yours.

A couple of weeks ago someone shared this as the balance url for coaches, don't know how valid, as unlike the other one it didn't go active yesterday - https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/event/glastonbury-2022-ticket-coach/worthy-farm/1450014

Edited by clarkete

8 minutes ago, clarkete said:

You can't just click on the three dots and click edit?  It lets me do that with my posts which are older than yours.

A couple of weeks ago someone shared this as the balance url for coaches, don't know how valid, as unlike the other one it didn't go active yesterday - https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/event/glastonbury-2022-ticket-coach/worthy-farm/1450014

I think it only allows 1 edit and looks like he's already edited the page once

2 hours ago, leonaves said:

AFAIK, debit and credit are both fine unless you are registered outside the UK in which case it's credit only.

How do they tell you’re overseas - using your IP address? I’m in Australia but was going to use a UK card to try and help a pal.

26 minutes ago, clarkete said:

It’s capped at 15 mins for non-GOLD member.

4 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

How do they tell you’re overseas - using your IP address? I’m in Australia but was going to use a UK card to try and help a pal.

The card will be registered to Australia if you use yours, if you use theirs you will be okay as its a UK card. You will definitely have to verify the payment though as your IP will flag it for fraud as its on the other side of the world.

Edited by gfa
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, gfa said:

The card will be registered to Australia if you use yours, if you use theirs you will be okay as its a UK card. You will definitely have to verify the payment though as your IP will flag it for fraud as its on the other side of the world.

Cool thanks

21 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

It's the registered address rather than where you're buying from. If your friend's reg is at a UK address you can use credit or debit, but if they've registered with an international address it's credit card only (source: have bought tickets for myself - UK address - while on holiday so using intl IP, you're not treated as an international buyer if you're registered in UK).

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, clarkete said:

What do you mean by "unlike the other one"?

4 minutes ago, Simsy said:

It's the registered address rather than where you're buying from. If your friend's reg is at a UK address you can use credit or debit, but if they've registered with an international address it's credit card only (source: have bought tickets for myself - UK address - while on holiday so using intl IP, you're not treated as an international buyer if you're registered in UK).

A friend of mine got tickets for UK registrations whilst in Switzerland on holiday in 2019 with his own UK registered debit card.

No issues.

1 hour ago, kalifire said:

Just so I understand correctly - every second you would press F5? What’s the automatic refresh the holding page is set at? Is it much longer than that? 

Thanks 

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

What's the thinking behind incognito? I'm the same with the one device one browser but usually non incognito 

I think Incognito won't latch onto one server and keep trying that one, but I could be wrong and it's just something that's proven lucky for me a few times

Probably an obvious tip but make sure on whatever device(s) you are using, you have all registration information readily available to copy and paste in another tab or window.

The stress of having to type in registration numbers digit by digit while on a timer makes bomb disposal look easy.

If trying in a group, get everybody on a zoom / teams meeting so there's no fumbling around updating everyone if you've got in.  

17 minutes ago, BambooShanks said:

Probably an obvious tip but make sure on whatever device(s) you are using, you have all registration information readily available to copy and paste in another tab or window.

The stress of having to type in registration numbers digit by digit while on a timer makes bomb disposal look easy.

If trying in a group, get everybody on a zoom / teams meeting so there's no fumbling around updating everyone if you've got in.  

My computer is so slow if I have Teams or Zoom open etc... I would worry this could slow me down

8 minutes ago, curlylocks88 said:

My computer is so slow if I have Teams or Zoom open etc... I would worry this could slow me down

A WhatsApp group is probably easier and potentially less distracting as long as you advise the only messages should be got tickets for group x 

None of this I'm not getting anything are you.