Sneaking in story

waynewdk

On 8/23/2022 at 4:59 PM, CauliflowerEar said:

Sorry mate, i didnt listen to 'Blink 182' when i was younger. Kids who did generally got terrorised. I assume you were one of them. 

Blink were like a gateway drug weren't they. I bought Enema of the State and Take off Your Pants and Jacket aged 11/12 and by the time I was 13/14 I was going to see local punk bands and to anti globalisation rallies. Blink as a way into Capdown and Crass etc. 

Edited by blutarsky

19 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

Blink were like a gateway drug weren't they. I bought Enema of the State and Take off Your Pants and Jacket aged 11/12 and by the time I was 13/14 I was going to see local punk bands and to anti globalisation rallies. Blink as a way into Capdown and Crass etc. 

Enema of the Deep State.

• Upvote 2

• 11 months later...
9 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Ah yes...DM wasn't on until Sunday night Shangri-la.....and there's no footage of anything on site apart from that.

Hardly worth it other than for the craic then.

He was on site well before Sunday evening.

He's a friend of a friend and was in loads of photos with my friend over the week.

14 hours ago, stuie said:

I think he was legitimately at the festival anyway and pulled this stunt for YouTube content on Sunday night.

He may have gotten into the festival in a rice box, but he would never have gotten on stage / back stage without accreditation surely?

Those closing shots show him back of house, would stage security have allowed that without accreditation? Looks to me like he had legit artist accreditation and just pulled this prank to see if he could.

Either way though, looks very much like he would have at least gotten on site inside a Giraffe without a ticket if he'd needed to. 

I just don’t like folk bragging about sneaking in as if it’s some kind of heroic exploit that we all should admire. If it becomes prevalent and encourages others to try then it can and will have an effect on festival licences, increasing costs for stewarding, security etc. and that will just push up ticket prices. When we were leaving Avalon  this year when Jamie Webster was on we noticed a group of at least seven lads, all without wristbands who were openly talking about getting in ‘at the fence’.  Whether a coincidence or not, they moved away smartly as stewards approached them. Don’t know what happened after that. Place was rammed. 

53 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

I just don’t like folk bragging about sneaking in as if it’s some kind of heroic exploit that we all should admire. If it becomes prevalent and encourages others to try then it can and will have an effect on festival licences, increasing costs for stewarding, security etc. and that will just push up ticket prices. When we were leaving Avalon  this year when Jamie Webster was on we noticed a group of at least seven lads, all without wristbands who were openly talking about getting in ‘at the fence’.  Whether a coincidence or not, they moved away smartly as stewards approached them. Don’t know what happened after that. Place was rammed. 

Agreed. In this case, discretion is indeed the best form of valour.

I have got into the festival myself by less than  legitimate means myself in the past, but feel that bragging about it is a bit crass. There seems to be a bit of the 'you're all suckers for paying' vibe I find a but unpalatable.

7 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I've got to admit that I'm having difficulties with the above two posts. These 'entries' into the festival are like the film 'The Great Escape', only in reverse, so to speak ie. enthralling.

My response was aimed at the "seven lads, all without wristbands who were openly talking about getting in ‘at the fence’."
The giraffe video is fun and entertaining and we can question its veracity, but its harmless enough.

Just a quick one. Let’s say there were two of us who got a wristband to the festival, but a third mate didn’t manage to get a ticket. Could one of us leave wearing our wristband and carrying the second one in pocket (after a struggle taking it off without breaking it). Then could you put the other wristband on your other mate, get them in and the rest is history! Or when you re-enter do you have to show your ticket too. Hope that makes sense!

5 minutes ago, William Mann said:

Just a quick one. Let’s say there were two of us who got a wristband to the festival, but a third mate didn’t manage to get a ticket. Could one of us leave wearing our wristband and carrying the second one in pocket (after a struggle taking it off without breaking it). Then could you put the other wristband on your other mate, get them in and the rest is history! Or when you re-enter do you have to show your ticket too. Hope that makes sense!

you reenter and show ticket and pass out .... so doesn't work 

8 hours ago, William Mann said:

It used to be the case that you could cut off the excess 'tail's' from valid wristbands, sew them together (with the needle and thread that was brought to site from those that had legitimately entered) This (homemade) wristband could then be shown to 'people' from a distance (desirably), and worked 100% - at that time. My mate got two tails, and had them sewn to the wrist end of his long sleeved shirt. He experienced no issues - which included repeatedly coming in and out of the festival. 

24 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

It used to be the case that you could cut off the excess 'tail's' from valid wristbands, sew them together (with the needle and thread that was brought to site from those that had legitimately entered) This (homemade) wristband could then be shown to 'people' from a distance (desirably), and worked 100% - at that time. My mate got two tails, and had them sewn to the wrist end of his long sleeved shirt. He experienced no issues - which included repeatedly coming in and out of the festival. 

On re entry this year there was more wristband tug tests 

On 8/25/2023 at 4:05 PM, Ayrshire Chris said:

This is already happening, there are thousands sneaking in every year.