2023 legend slot

ProperTea

2 hours ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Actual "Legends" by any definition you like that are still performing and would NAIL this slot: -

• Billy Ocean
  • Annie Lennox (inc. Eurythmics catalogue)
  • Billy Joel
  • Duran Duran.

Can't think of any more really.  I'm not sure I'd put Bon Jovi or GnR in that bracket.  Anyone else is probably headliner or nothing - Elton John, Depeche Mode, Fleetwood Mac etc.

Still think it's Steps.

Stevie Nicks solo? She’s playing a few dates next year 

2 hours ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Bob Dylan? Joni Mitchell? Neil Young? Van Morrison? Rod Stewart? David Gilmour? Not to suggest I think any of them will be doing this slot any time soon, but there’s plenty of artists who could readily be described as legends.

Agreed, but could you see any of them smashing the legend slot? The shortlist I had were the ones I would class as a bona fide legend AND would have the catalogue to really nail it for a broad audience. Can’t see any of those managing it TBF.

6 hours ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Actual "Legends" by any definition you like that are still performing and would NAIL this slot: -

• Billy Joel

Can't think of any more really.  I'm not sure I'd put Bon Jovi or GnR in that bracket.  Anyone else is probably headliner or nothing - Elton John, Depeche Mode, Fleetwood Mac etc.

Still think it's Steps.

Think you can safely add Billy Joel to the headliner or nothing list. 

29 minutes ago, ClementsMike said:

If Billy Joel is headliner or nothing then hes nothing I reckon. I could see him as an afternoon spot, potentially legend but although he has some hits and plays big crowds I just cant see him as iconic or leaving any real legacy.

I think this is a bad take. He’s a massive icon. Headlining Hyde park next year with very few tickets remaining

15 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

I think this is a bad take. He’s a massive icon. Headlining Hyde park next year with very few tickets remaining

Yeah its perception I guess. I feel acts can become huge off well known hits but when you analyse it, the influence and impact they have is just not there. My wife went to see him some years back at Wembley. I was amazed at the scale of the gig ... maybe its just a radar thing? 😄

56 minutes ago, Justcalledtosay said:

Chances of Phoebe Bridgers playing again next year? Touring with Swift up until the end of May 2023. Sunset on the Other maybe?

As much as she is a legend i think you might be in the wrong thread! 🙂

---

https://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/2022/news/221010c.shtml

Surely must be in with a shout or have they done it before / ruled out for some reason. Huge exposure from i'm a celeb too