2023 legend slot

ProperTea

3 minutes ago, Neil said:

Only those with limited musical knowledge.

Exactly the point.  

Thanks to my Dad, I'm well aware of Roxy but a lot aren't.  There's clearly a difference between Kylie, Di-Ro, Dolly etc whos hits are known by 18 year olds and 80 years olds.

6 minutes ago, RatingsAndMoney said:

Ah really. So festival exclusives to other uk /non glastonbury festivals have ended up playing Glastonbury anyway? 

Weren’t the Libertines exclusive elsewhere in 2015, or maybe the unique nature of their late parachute in was an exception?

Bjork plays approx three songs casual fans would sort-of know nowadays so deeply unsuitable for this slot sadly. She'd still be Other headline given her status, but she's also someone that loves to take a cheque nowadays so doubt she'd even be back to the farm itself any time soon.

Edited by jannybruck

1 hour ago, kingbadger said:

Dr Dre is a headliner for me. Them two as the legend slot would be ridiculously insane. Possibly the greatest booking of all time.

Could you imagine. The Superbowl show this year was probably the greatest ever. Get that on the Pyramid. 

11 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Bjork plays approx three songs casual fans would sort-of know nowadays so deeply unsuitable for this slot sadly. 

That’s two more than Roxy! 😂

5 minutes ago, jamesmsmith93 said:

looking at the o2's shows for next year, and couldn't see mentioned on here yet...

1. Michael Bublé

2. Blue

3. Pete Tong Ibiza classics (lots of crowd favourites but wouldnt go down well with glasto old guard!)

4. Shania Twain

If it’s Buble they can have my ticket back! 

7 minutes ago, jamesmsmith93 said:

looking at the o2's shows for next year, and couldn't see mentioned on here yet...

1. Michael Bublé

2. Blue

3. Pete Tong Ibiza classics (lots of crowd favourites but wouldnt go down well with glasto old guard!)

4. Shania Twain

I saw Pete Tong Ibiza Classics a few years back and it was absolutely fantastic. Can't see it being legend slot but would love to see them being at the festival.

• Upvote 1