2023 legend slot

ProperTea

5 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Maybe they’ve got them to “push the button “ on arcadia … no wonder bids have gone so high !!! 

we could go round and round all day discussing different solutions to the overcrowding but I think its just a case of the festival being over sold

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Any act people have heard of on a smaller stage will always get big numbers.

yeah but very impressive considering what they were up against, this pic shows the crowd and it felt like the festival was like this everywhere I went

Screenshot 2023-02-11 at 16-08-27 SEI_111744836.webp (WEBP Image 540 × 540 pixels).png

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Should have swapped them with Billie E 

😂

haha , Did she have a good crowd ? I was at Paul Heaton & Jacqui abbott but could have chosen any other 3 bands to watch, Foals, Primal Scream and Sugababes but glad we chose paul

17 minutes ago, Freddyflintstonree said:

I was in the thick of that, absolutely bouncing 

Was rammed but the atmosphere outside was fantastic. Probably the most fun crowd of the weekend.

I don't think an act like S Club would work in that slot, Sugababes managed to fill the slot with wall to wall hits, a lot of which I had forgotten was even them. S Club have maybe 4 that would get everyone going but that's about it.

6 minutes ago, serendipitous said:

Was rammed but the atmosphere outside was fantastic. Probably the most fun crowd of the weekend.

I don't think an act like S Club would work in that slot, Sugababes managed to fill the slot with wall to wall hits, a lot of which I had forgotten was even them. S Club have maybe 4 that would get everyone going but that's about it.

I had no idea it was gonna be rammed, but really wanted to see Nick Mulvey who was on right before them so I was in the middle of the tent. Was probably set of the weekend, hilariously. 

It's 100% about the nostalgia and just good fun to belt out some cheese when you've had a few.

I know it seemed busy at times around site but I personally loved it, made the atmosphere buzzing!! You just have to make friends with the people you're basically hugging lol. The only solution is to have more stewards ensuring walkways keep moving and turning people away once fields get full. Disappointing for some but there's plenty else to see...get there earlier.

Isn't it credit to all the wonderful people that attend that no trouble breaks out...it does blow my mind. I live in a sleepy town in Suffolk and we still see more trouble. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nikkic said:

I know they were popular back then, but surely they would less of a draw than Sugababes or even McFly?! 

Nah I think they’d draw a mammoth crowd. Not as many legitimate, stood the test of time bangers like Sugababes, but still tons of huge, albeit cheesy as fuck songs that people would love to see live. I’d certainly go assuming they’re not up against somebody decent. 

12 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Nah I think they’d draw a mammoth crowd. Not as many legitimate, stood the test of time bangers like Sugababes, but still tons of huge, albeit cheesy as fuck songs that people would love to see live. I’d certainly go assuming they’re not up against somebody decent. 

Cannot agree more. 100% a band you’d never pay separately to go and see, regardless of the nostalgia, however, 5 beers deep and chance for a singalong? I’m there with bells on.

8 minutes ago, Steffie1986 said:

Paul was probably my favourite of the whole of last year. Absolute quality. 

Yeah as usual they were brilliant, I watched them at the other stage a few years ago but felt better at night in the tent 👏👏👏

3 hours ago, TGCarr said:

Pissed, with your mates listening to childhood classics?

It'll be rammed 

That’s just it though, do they have any classics?

Sugababes and McFly do. 

Horses for courses and all that, but S Club are no better than Hearsay and BWitched in my eyes! 

Edited by nikkic

1 hour ago, gazzared said:

Yeah didn't realise they'd had so many hits I think the Avalon would be rammed again

IMG_20230211_190558.jpg

They have to learn from the mistakes of last year and just stick them on the Other or something.

This is the sort of act I'd like to see at Kendal or something. Gabrielle there last year was great (and actually could see her at Glastonbury) 

2 hours ago, gazzared said:

Yeah didn't realise they'd had so many hits I think the Avalon would be rammed again

IMG_20230211_190558.jpg

Can’t believe people think they don’t have bangers.

nostalgia x drinking x with mates will go down better than any “legendary” headliner imo

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1