Balance Payments

Crazyfool01

16 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Does she usually go every year, Neil?

yeah, shes throwing in the towel as its too much for her getting old like me, she might go on my carers ticket tho, i'm still trying to talk her into it.

Hi Guys

Long time lurker on here but first time posting but I've got a bit of a pickle relating to tickets balances and looking for some advice and a calming/soothing voice if possible please!

Me and my wife were looking forward to our sixth Glasto having got tickets back in 2019 and have been getting more and more excited as it roles ever closer. We went to pay the rest of our balances yesterday and mine was fine to go through and pay the remaining balance but my wife's registration was coming up with an error message saying that no deposit had been paid for that reg number. Out of the 6 people in our booking group 4 have actually returned their tickets for various reason but we tried putting in their details to see if we could purchase tickets for them and the lead bookers details are still allowing us to go through and process transactions, despite him thinking he'd returned his.

So we get him to go on the normal See Tickets website and it appears that the silly sausage has somehow managed to cancel my wife's ticket (which we still very much want) instead of his when he did it in December, which has left us feeling a bit nervy in the old stomach. He has no idea how he's done as he's convinced he wouldn't have put her details in but as the lead booker it appears he was able to cancel my wife's ticket without her consent. Possibly it's a system error maybe or he's just not been paying attention. My wife didn't get an email or anything at the time saying her ticket had been returned, and neither did the friend who accidentally cancelled hers, which is why we were blissfully unaware until yesterday and now we're in a bit of a panic.

Looking at the deposit refund form they filled out it doesn't look very secure and anyone could have gone on and cancelled the deposit for someone else as all they needed was their surname and reg number and didn't need to authenticate the refund request via email or by putting in more details to confirm it (what would happen if booking groups fell out in the time since booking and someone wanted revenge?)

We've emailed the Glastonbury See Tickets email, so has our friend to confirm the mistake he's made, and also contacted See Tickets through the booking contact form on their website but we're reading a lot of reviews that they can take a long time to get back to you and now we're in a bit of a tiz figuring out what to do and how (if possible) can we get the deposits swapped back over in time for the payment window closing. We're not feeling too hopeful but it did seem way too easy for someone to cancel someone else's ticket without their consent and without the person actually knowing it was cancelled at the time. 

So we're wondering if anyone had any sneaky ways we could get in touch with SeeTickets please as all phone numbers and call centres seem to have been taken down? Or just if anyone has heard of deposit getting switched back around in the past when mistake have happened like this just to make us feel a bit more hopeful!

Absolute nightmare situation, no idea what our mate has done or how this has happened, but if anyone could help we will owe you several drinks from the Cider Bus if we're able to make it through the gates!

15 minutes ago, jr11 said:

Hi Guys

Long time lurker on here but first time posting but I've got a bit of a pickle relating to tickets balances and looking for some advice and a calming/soothing voice if possible please!

Me and my wife were looking forward to our sixth Glasto having got tickets back in 2019 and have been getting more and more excited as it roles ever closer. We went to pay the rest of our balances yesterday and mine was fine to go through and pay the remaining balance but my wife's registration was coming up with an error message saying that no deposit had been paid for that reg number. Out of the 6 people in our booking group 4 have actually returned their tickets for various reason but we tried putting in their details to see if we could purchase tickets for them and the lead bookers details are still allowing us to go through and process transactions, despite him thinking he'd returned his.

So we get him to go on the normal See Tickets website and it appears that the silly sausage has somehow managed to cancel my wife's ticket (which we still very much want) instead of his when he did it in December, which has left us feeling a bit nervy in the old stomach. He has no idea how he's done as he's convinced he wouldn't have put her details in but as the lead booker it appears he was able to cancel my wife's ticket without her consent. Possibly it's a system error maybe or he's just not been paying attention. My wife didn't get an email or anything at the time saying her ticket had been returned, and neither did the friend who accidentally cancelled hers, which is why we were blissfully unaware until yesterday and now we're in a bit of a panic.

Looking at the deposit refund form they filled out it doesn't look very secure and anyone could have gone on and cancelled the deposit for someone else as all they needed was their surname and reg number and didn't need to authenticate the refund request via email or by putting in more details to confirm it (what would happen if booking groups fell out in the time since booking and someone wanted revenge?)

We've emailed the Glastonbury See Tickets email, so has our friend to confirm the mistake he's made, and also contacted See Tickets through the booking contact form on their website but we're reading a lot of reviews that they can take a long time to get back to you and now we're in a bit of a tiz figuring out what to do and how (if possible) can we get the deposits swapped back over in time for the payment window closing. We're not feeling too hopeful but it did seem way too easy for someone to cancel someone else's ticket without their consent and without the person actually knowing it was cancelled at the time. 

So we're wondering if anyone had any sneaky ways we could get in touch with SeeTickets please as all phone numbers and call centres seem to have been taken down? Or just if anyone has heard of deposit getting switched back around in the past when mistake have happened like this just to make us feel a bit more hopeful!

Absolute nightmare situation, no idea what our mate has done or how this has happened, but if anyone could help we will owe you several drinks from the Cider Bus if we're able to make it through the gates!

This is absolute nightmare material - really hope you manage to get it sorted. I’m sure someone on here will have a solution/have dealt with it in the past. Maybe tweet it with tags for emily / festival / Seetickets

14 minutes ago, jr11 said:

Hi Guys

I would as soon as possible e mail all documentation to seetickets customer services .  It should be obvious to them seeing the names that the ‘wrong wife’ has been cancelled and it must be possible for them to rectify this before the window closes. Unless they think this is some sort of extreme wife swapping. 
I assume that in this booking two, including yours, aren’t cancelled. If the lead booker cancelled five out of six that will be a problem. Anyway keep at it, best of luck 

22 minutes ago, jr11 said:

Hi Guys

Wife emailed them yesterday using the contct us link, because of an issue with her registration, 2 emails and it was sorted within 2 hours. 

25 minutes ago, jr11 said:

Hi Guys

Possibly try Twitter and tag See tickets, Emily Eavis and Glastonbury official account in.

I know there is a help@glastonburyfestivals.co.uk email address for issues.

28 minutes ago, jr11 said:

Hi Guys

Emily has replied to a similar issue with the following:

4 hours ago, jr11 said:

Hi Guys

Bloody hell, what a mare. Hope you fix it. 

15 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

It’s difficult to put a number on it.

The common belief/rumour is that there is approximately 10,000 tickets available in the resale. Of the capacity, it is (again) rumoured 142,000 are available for public sale (discounting local tickets). So you could say the average year see around 7.04% tickets returned to the resale pot.

Using this thread  of what is essentially a niche crowd - and a very quick count and (maths I’m doing in my head) so not wholly accurate - there is approximately a 10.3% suggested return. This may up when applied to the general public as we all use these forums for a reason! So using this idea of the 10.3% it would put, roughly, 14,600(ish) tickets back in the resale, so using the idea that the general public won’t have as much enthusiasm it could be presumed there will be between 15-20,000 tickets back in the resale.

But, ultimately… who knows! 

Reckon this years resale will be massive. Just reading on this forum so much has changed - Children, break ups, financial changes, some people losing interest, new commitments in 2022. Not to mention people who cancelled last year thinking that it was going ahead and they had commitments. 

2 hours ago, gfa said:

Have people been doing refund insurance? Does this include covid there's nothing specific on it but it does say illness

http://static.seetickets.com/content/glastonbury/2022/refund-promise-2022-coach-tickets.pdf

It’s a massive rip off you basically have to be dead for it to pay out, I really wouldn’t bother 

6 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

Possibly try Twitter and tag See tickets, Emily Eavis and Glastonbury official account in.

I know there is a help@glastonburyfestivals.co.uk email address for issues.

Wonderful stuff thank you! Will try the help@glastonburyfestivals.co.uk email and keep everything cross 🤞

1 minute ago, jr11 said:

Wonderful stuff thank you! Will try the help@glastonburyfestivals.co.uk email and keep everything cross 🤞

Nothing useful to add, but good luck - really hope you get it sorted! 

I still can't believe the refund form had no confirmation, it's a massive fail. ☹️

22 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

It’s difficult to put a number on it.

The common belief/rumour is that there is approximately 10,000 tickets available in the resale. Of the capacity, it is (again) rumoured 142,000 are available for public sale (discounting local tickets). So you could say the average year see around 7.04% tickets returned to the resale pot.

Using this thread  of what is essentially a niche crowd - and a very quick count and (maths I’m doing in my head) so not wholly accurate - there is approximately a 10.3% suggested return. This may up when applied to the general public as we all use these forums for a reason! So using this idea of the 10.3% it would put, roughly, 14,600(ish) tickets back in the resale, so using the idea that the general public won’t have as much enthusiasm it could be presumed there will be between 15-20,000 tickets back in the resale.

But, ultimately… who knows! 

out of upvotes but thank you

• Like 1

Going to be lots of people who have made other plans and won't be going in for the resale. Surprised that most of the ticketless from our group aren't going to try and have arranged other things. Going to be the first normal summer since 2019, can see a lot of people who may normally go in for the resale wanting to have firm plans in place.