The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

19 minutes ago, CurrySauce said:

Sooo, we're saying trainers all weekend is risky?

Always take boots, just in case. The only essential in my opinion are boots or wellies. If it rains, you'll dry off if you dont hsve a coat. If it's dry for 99% of the fest & we get 4 hours of Lamping it down, Trainers wont do for a period. It aint worth the risk IMO

21 minutes ago, jparx said:

Friday is starting to look locked in as mainly dry and still pleasant temperatures. Still, the worst weather in the runs also comes with the lowest confidence. We might not fully know the deal with the actual rainfall until literally on the day and if this blob of rain ends up being passing showers it shouldn’t be a problem in reality. The rain where I am was much better than forecasted this weekend, and I think that was the case in Pilton too.

This is an interesting point. I think a lot of places were supposed to get a beating this weekend and it didn't really come off. Was exactly the same for me. Not a lot of action on the site either.

7 minutes ago, LinvoyPrimus said:

This is an interesting point. I think a lot of places were supposed to get a beating this weekend and it didn't really come off. Was exactly the same for me. Not a lot of action on the site either.

Yesterday was actually a pretty nice day despite the horrendous forecast!

36 minutes ago, jparx said:

Friday is starting to look locked in as mainly dry and still pleasant temperatures. Still, the worst weather in the runs also comes with the lowest confidence. We might not fully know the deal with the actual rainfall until literally on the day and if this blob of rain ends up being passing showers it shouldn’t be a problem in reality. The rain where I am was much better than forecasted this weekend, and I think that was the case in Pilton too.

I love hearing things like this

21 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Always take boots, just in case. The only essential in my opinion are boots or wellies. If it rains, you'll dry off if you dont hsve a coat. If it's dry for 99% of the fest & we get 4 hours of Lamping it down, Trainers wont do for a period. It aint worth the risk IMO

Agreed I have gortex trainers but also taking walking boots to cover for bad rain.