The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

1 minute ago, AlexOvd said:

BBC is actually forecasting sunny 26 degrees Thursday. This may not be for everyone. 

Unfortunately for some of those that struggle with heat, I think that’s really starting to look locked in now.

From what I can gather on this run, the low pressure is taking longer to move over us, not hitting directly until Saturday. Friday looks potentially good (22 degrees) but risk of some showers, Saturday potentially a wash out though and that’s when it turns. I think it’s all about what that low pressure ends up doing, if/when it ends up hitting us.

I would say it’s great news though that Friday looks improved on this run, and we’re set for clear and warm days on weds and Thursday (maybe too warm). It’s the days with less confidence that are looking more rough, but remember Friday was looking a bit shite as well yesterday, but has improved now we’re closer and have more confidence.

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

From what I can gather on this run, the low pressure is taking longer to move over us, not hitting directly until Saturday. Friday looks potentially good (22 degrees) but risk of some showers, Saturday potentially a wash out though and that’s when it turns. I think it’s all about what that low pressure ends up doing, if/when it ends up hitting us.

I would say it’s great news though that Friday looks improved on this run, and we’re set for clear and warm days on weds and Thursday (maybe too warm). It’s the days with less confidence that are looking more rough, but remember Friday was looking a bit shite as well yesterday, but has improved now we’re closer and have more confidence.

Rain seems to stop at 12pm on Sunday with this run. I think we will end up with all dry days except showers on the Sunday the way it seems to be going.

2 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Starts raining on Thursday evening and gets worse and worse and worse

Really worrying.

image.png.23ec5e4a929bf995c8c881a7bf639965.png

what in your professional opinion do you make of muddy lane photo above ? after last nights rain .... its not done much damage has it ? runs for cover:) 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Euphoricape said:

Rain seems to stop at 12pm on Sunday with this run. I think we will end up with all dry days except showers on the Sunday the way it seems to be going.

It looks possibly as though the worst of the weather is moving backwards which is good. Saturday does look pretty fucking dreadful on this run, but a long way to go there. First three days look pretty good for me, it hinges on the low pressure and what it does over the weekend.

3 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Really worrying.

Thanks for posting this, I was in 2 minds whether to sell my ticket or not and this has sealed the deal for me. Really worrying for those still braving the weekend. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, offmytrolley said:

There's a whole thread on boots vs trainers vs wellies on the first page of the forum that might be better for this topic?

You're right though, boots are a bit harder to clean after the festival. But if they're waterproof it's not that much harder. At the festival there's no point cleaning anything, just knock off any stuck on mud every now and again to avoid carrying extra weight, and try and degunk the laces as much as you can when you take your boots off at night (if you're in a fit state to remember).

Ah, I’ll go check it out. And thank you!

29 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Why would you clean your boots? In all seriousness, I tend to knock off the big bits or maybe hose them down a little bit (good boots are watermark), but in general boots are supposed to be more than a little dusty.

I’ve had the situation with my trainers being absolutely caked in mud, just absolutely riddled with grot. Binned them. 

but yeah, learning that some of the better walking boots have that water treatment stuff on them. I’m going shopping!

24 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

what in your professional opinion do you make of muddy lane photo above ? after last nights rain .... its not done much damage has it ? runs for cover:) 

The absence of tens of thousands of cars, a quarter of a million people and 3 days of torrential rain helps!

5 minutes ago, stopwn1981 said:

latest gfs looks slightly worse for sat/sun that the last one is the long and short of it 

SHIT!

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK WE'RE FUCKED

Edited by The Nal
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, The Nal said:

The absence of tens of thousands of cars, a quarter of a million people and 3 days of torrential rain helps!

the build crew and the heavy lorries haven't made any impact whatsoever ....  hardly a puddle to be seen onsite today ...

Edited by crazyfool1

14 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Really worrying.

We all know Nal like to do his bit, and cherry picks the worst reports right?

Ok, a bit of context if that did happen, which it looks unlikely to at this point; 3mm fell yesterday, it was a bit annoying overhead by all accounts* (not enough to out a campfire out), but the result today? Still very much trainers weather. It was enough to keep the dust down, but that's it. No puddles, no mud, whacking the ground with your heel too hard would still "do you a mischief".  So it's totally, totally fine. So 8.4mm? Well, it wouldn't be great, but it's not a mudbath. It's a bit annoying, but it's not really worrying, it's easily doable.

* One quote: "There were 2 heavy showers yesterday afternoon was short evening was a longer period, would have got soaked if you were standing out in it but with the warmth and the breeze you'd soon dry off"

15 minutes ago, doodlesbyben said:

I’ve had the situation with my trainers being absolutely caked in mud, just absolutely riddled with grot. Binned them. 

but yeah, learning that some of the better walking boots have that water treatment stuff on them. I’m going shopping!

You can put trainers in the washing machine, I shit you not!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Gaah. Was hoping the positive trend would continue.

I think it was everything barring the GFS which was positive or showing a positive trend mate.

Also - Friday GFS looks quite dry. Everything else agreeing. One day at a time I guess as we get closer. Friday looked like Armageddon EVERYWHERE yesterday morning.

Edited by PolygonWindow

perspective comes in right now  3 years of shit .... we are on the bloody farm in 3 days ....  months of very dry weather in the build ... ground is hard sun is out dry right now and dry for most of the festival ... keep the faith guys its going to be stunning .... lets get those positive vibes into this thread ..... newbies you'll love it 🙂 

Edited by crazyfool1
  • Upvote 7