The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

For those that burn in factor 50 - remember to reapply, especially if you're sweating and wiping yourself. Potentially up to every hour.

I tend to favour the sprays, instead of being icky like the creams, it's positively refreshing.

This kind of thing (but a higher factor)

I never used to reapply enough until I started using them, because I hated the feel of the cream, but with the way they evaporate, they cool you down.

download.jpeg

download (1).jpeg

7 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

For those that burn in factor 50 - remember to reapply, especially if you're sweating and wiping yourself. Potentially up to every hour.

I tend to favour the sprays, instead of being icky like the creams, it's positively refreshing.

This kind of thing (but a higher factor)

I never used to reapply enough until I started using them, because I hated the feel of the cream, but with the way they evaporate, they cool you down.

download.jpeg

download (1).jpeg

Ultrasun 50+ sport I’ve found great for Glastonbury 

42 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

Fuck me why are people shitting themselves so much, met office website currently shows max of 10% chance of rain on Friday and 30% on Saturday, with highs of 19 and 17 respectively, can’t see Sunday yet.

Not brilliant but certainly nothing to worry about 

I'm already getting annoyed here because of the obnoxious exaggerated doomposting regarding a sliver of rain on the Saturday!

10 minutes ago, Jackie Daytona said:

I'm already getting annoyed here because of the obnoxious exaggerated doomposting regarding a sliver of rain on the Saturday!

It was ever thus here in the run up to a festival...especially if folks aren't going themselves 

Have just set out from London towards Somerset! We have trainers, walking boots and wellies; T-shirts, anoraks and warm jackets. We are ready for anything. It looks to me like it’ll be a vintage year no matter what. Sun, rain, mud, dust - the lot!

Let’s be honest, if it does rain, is there anywhere you’d rather stand in the rain than the farm? (No, not standing in the rain is not an option). And who doesn’t love that bizarrely sweaty smell that comes off fresh ‘mud concrete’.

Whatever happens we know it’ll be “the best yet” and our souls will all feel better for having had the best weekend of the last 3 years. I’m on team positive with crazyfool. Can’t wait!!!

The above is how I really feel. But as it’s the weather thread on the cusp of relative certainty: WE’RE ALL GOING TO DROWN THEN BOIL AND OUR LEGS WILL FALL OFF!!!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

You had one or two more in 2017! (I.e. after 2016)

Are you going to be at any of the socials this year? See you at the R&F in a few days?

I actually meant too few! Edited as above

Im not on site until Thursday mate but if theres a Thursday meet Ill be there!

5 minutes ago, briddj said:

You can watch it here now. 

It's recorded on a Sunday morning and published on the website, then plugged into Countryfile. So is actually out of date. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b008flb5

How many times I tell everyone this they still watch Countryfile like they have some latest inside knowledge. It's just a repeat from the weather crew in the morning. 

If you want the latest read @briddj#fuckcountryfile

• Upvote 1