The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

6 hours ago, SighMo said:

Also, rigger boots are deadly for twisting your ankle. They are banned where I work unless you’re a welder. 

Rigger boots are known (by my mates at least) as w*nker boots. No idea why, but I will never wear them because of this. The few people I know who own them swear by them though.

I realise this is completely unhelpful with regards to them being good or bad.

I can say that the 'light showers' that have been forecast for Bristol have been torrential at times today and are still ongoing.

1 minute ago, HyperTechnoHorse said:

Non-stop rain until Monday morning. Overcast and cool Monday and Tuesday. How anyone expects stuff to be dry by Wednesday is beyond me. It's going to be carnage.

Tbh I’m genuinely terrified of this heatwave that’s going to roll in. It’s clear that high pressure is going to fight back and we’re looking at 2019 heat again. Rain is the least of the worries here.

2 minutes ago, waterfalls21234 said:

When people stop paying attention to the doom mongers above who have as little clue as any of us yet seem to insist on bringing peoples mood down with their gloomy predictions. 

Tbf I think 99% of people here are doing a bit. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, HyperTechnoHorse said:

Non-stop rain until Monday morning. Overcast and cool Monday and Tuesday. How anyone expects stuff to be dry by Wednesday is beyond me. It's going to be carnage.

0B8F3045-6A37-41D4-B695-8DD7489ED4F3.thumb.png.9837e3eb574a88c791d4774dcc08d588.png

yes, certainly looks like carnage.  That 20% chance of precipitation on Friday might just wet the soles of my trainers 

I’ve been lurking in this thread for a couple of weeks now and the only conclusion I can draw is that nobody has a fucking clue what’s going to happen? 

My three Glastos have been 2016 (death by mud), 2017 (on the meh side weather wise) and 2019 (hotter than Satan’s holiday home) and I loved them all. So just hope for the best but pack for the worst, whatever happens you’ll be reyt ❤️

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, kevbizarre said:

Ok so if the festival had been on today it would have been proper grim. I’m thankful for that at least 

18 minutes ago, AlexOvd said:

Yep. This is the good point. One bullet we skip. 

Nope. It was dry until about 5pm. Then a very light rain shower. Windy yes but up until 5 it was warm and muggy. It’s only this last hour it’s changed. So all in all it would have been a great day. Just because it’s been raining hard in Bristol, WSM, Taunton wherever, does not mean diddly shit .

pilton forcefield is real, believe people, people in real science 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 5

25 minutes ago, HyperTechnoHorse said:

Be fine in your living room pal just press the red button when an outdoor stage comes on.

3 minutes ago, WannabeGlastoVet said:

My three Glastos have been 2016 (death by mud), 2017 (on the meh side weather wise) and 2019 (hotter than Satan’s holiday home) and I loved them all. So just hope for the best but pack for the worst, whatever happens you’ll be reyt 

Still be enjoyable regardless of weather.. but my legs in 2016 after 4 days of trudging through mud meant I didn't make it much further than Other Stage on Sunday where I basically leaned against barricade of sound-desk for the day.. LCD still got me dancing though!

Edited by basquille