The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

13 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

When I am in radstock I will take another. Which footpath and roundabout

the  path is the Norton-Radstock Greenway and the sign is by the and co-op in radstock, where the path ends (the path is an old railway track i think). the sign is bright blue you can't really miss it (am trying to do asrtreet ciew to spot it, and can't get streetview to work.

3 minutes ago, Neil said:

the  path is the Norton-Radstock Greenway and the sign is by the and co-op in radstock, where the path ends (the path is an old railway track i think). the sign is bright blue you can't really miss it (am trying to do asrtreet ciew to spot it, and can't get streetview to work.

just did street view and its moved, on the road from paulton direction, theres a pedestrian  crossing, it's the blue sign just the other side of that crossing (hidden behind trees  in streetview).

Just now, Neil said:

just did street view and its moved, on the road from paulton direction, theres a pedestrian  crossing, it's the blue sign just the other side of that crossing (hidden behind trees  in streetview).

tiy might see it straight ahead on this link.

Just now, fred quimby said:

Yea I know it. Will get a picture. Tricky to nick it from there

a piccie would be grand, thanks 😄 

there used to be another one 20 yards further up that road by the roundabout at the end of the path.

8 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Definately things have quietened down here now … and we didn’t lose  power at any point which was quite remarkable. Fair play to all those out restoring all these things back in these conditions  

Yes, much calmer here too, so I managed to get into town to pick up my Sea Power album. Also glad we didn't lose power, so I could watch the curling! 🙂

42 minutes ago, Fred Zepplin said:

If this weather came when the festival was on would they cancel it?

There was a rumour in 1998 that the festival was about to be pulled due to a storm. It might have been a typical Glasto bullshit rumour (Thatcher is dead, Prince is playing tonight, etc), but I remember it was definitely a thing I heard a few times that year.

1 minute ago, Punksnotdead said:

There was a rumour in 1998 that the festival was about to be pulled due to a storm. It might have been a typical Glasto bullshit rumour (Thatcher is dead, Prince is playing tonight, etc), but I remember it was definitely a thing I heard a few times that year.

yeah, thge other stage was sinking, happened a more recent year too.

7 hours ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Cardiff Pool tomorrow, don't know whether to make the trip.

Being honest with you I'm in Cardiff and it's not been anywhere near as bad here as other places I've seen. I had to go out driving for work and other than a stronger wind than normal there's no difference. As in I haven't seen any trees uprooted etc. Commented to my family earlier how if I didn't know there was a storm from the news etc then I wouldn't have  been able to tell.

If it's right that the worst was meant to be today then I think you'd be fine.

Edited by DareToDibble
Typo
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

They did with Boardmasters...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-49259812

Although Boomtown went ahead!

A part of the stage flew off mid show at boomtown. https://www.eventindustrynews.com/news/strong-winds-rip-stage-apart-at-boomtown

The winds were lighter though on that part of the coast (20 mph compared with 40mph in Cornwall).

But yeah a red, amber or yellow warning for wind would be a cancellation. 

Now everyone reading this touch wood and turn around 5 times, so it doesn't happen.