Live gigs - Who you've seen were they good, bad etc.

gigpusher

8 hours ago, BlueDaze said:

Very much looking forward to him hitting Cambridge next week…..

still think he will get a half decent Park or Woodsies slot 🤞

Hes gone from the guy from Supergrass with some solo stuff to a proper solo artist playing "old classics" like Detroit and The English Ruse.

On 4/15/2023 at 7:46 AM, The Nal said:

Gaz Coombes in Dublin last night. If you're a fan go see him. Best I've seen him by a mile.

What time did Gaz hit the stage?  I've tickets for Sheffield on Weds but flying back from a couple of days on the Isle of Man for work, so don't think I can get to the venue before 9:00pm.  Wondered if it was worth making the trip if I'll miss half the set.

16 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

What time did Gaz hit the stage?  I've tickets for Sheffield on Weds but flying back from a couple of days on the Isle of Man for work, so don't think I can get to the venue before 9:00pm.  Wondered if it was worth making the trip if I'll miss half the set.

8.45 on the nose. But he was on at 8pm in Belfast. 

Edited by The Nal

Sadly doesn't look as if they're on the farm this year, but Paramore in Cardiff on Saturday was an absolute JOY to behold. Seldom have I felt such fun, happy, wholesome, caring vibes at a gig, helped by the fact that Hayley is a second-to-none frontwoman and the band's catalogue has only gotten better as they've grown.

This Is Why is a genuinely fantastic album (as was After Laughter) - they are in no way a Pop-Punk band for teenage boys and girls anymore - and the new songs are as good live as the older singles.

Absolutely loved it, absolutely love them, and would love to see them at Glasto one year. I'm sure they wouldn't headline Pyramid, but they would smash it if they did. They're the absolutely perfect Other Headliner.

Edited by JayDiesel

Limp Bizkit in London last night - freaking awesome!

let me get this out of the way first - i dont like Limp Bizkit.

i met my wife (who very much does like them) at a Limp Bizkit gig (the one in Finsbury Park) exactly 20 years ago, so we wanted to go as an anniversary thing.

i had no expectations, and to be completely honest i was bored waiting for them and would happily have just gone home, but they came on and were really good.

Fred had this weird ability to put on an entertaining show whilst at the same time looking really bored and like he cant really be bothered, but he very much was entertaining.

the only weird bit was they seemed to run out of songs halfway through and played a bunch of covers for no apparent reason.

anyways - it was great, really enjoyed it.

(in what sort of messed up bizarro reality are we living in when they charge £80 for a hoodie - and people still buy them!)

Focus, Dutch Prog Rock band on their 50th anniversary tour in Cardiff last night.  After 50 years on the road it might seem odd to still claim the title 'prog' before rock but it was a breathtaking display of musicianship.  I first saw them 50 years ago in Amsterdam, when I had a Dutch girlfriend.  Happy memories.

• Like 1

Saw Panda Bear/sonic Boom in Glasgow last night, was in a venue I’d never been to before, Room 2, small, dingy under ground room , perfect for this show. Played mostly all the new album which has rarely been off my playlist since I was introduced to it.

fantastic night, crowd were really up for it, highly recommend seeing them if you get the chance

• Upvote 1

On 4/20/2023 at 8:55 AM, grumpyhack said:

Focus, Dutch Prog Rock band on their 50th anniversary tour in Cardiff last night.  After 50 years on the road it might seem odd to still claim the title 'prog' before rock but it was a breathtaking display of musicianship.  I first saw them 50 years ago in Amsterdam, when I had a Dutch girlfriend.  Happy memories.

Hadn't realised they were touring would have been good to catch them

Saw Lottery Winners at the Brudenell for the first time last night. One of the best live bands I've ever seen. Bizzare at times, never seen a lead singer paint a picture during a gig. They also got Jonny Bairstow up on stage to perform the role of Bez during a song.

5 hours ago, blue6field said:

Saw Panda Bear/sonic Boom in Glasgow last night, was in a venue I’d never been to before, Room 2, small, dingy under ground room , perfect for this show. Played mostly all the new album which has rarely been off my playlist since I was introduced to it.

fantastic night, crowd were really up for it, highly recommend seeing them if you get the chance

Damn I totally forgot that was on last night, had planned to buy tickets ages ago but didn't get round to it.

23 hours ago, idb said:

Saw Lottery Winners at the Brudenell for the first time last night. One of the best live bands I've ever seen. Bizzare at times, never seen a lead singer paint a picture during a gig. They also got Jonny Bairstow up on stage to perform the role of Bez during a song.

They are amazing every time - they will be on Avalon stage this year and am sure will smash it! 

On 4/20/2023 at 8:55 AM, grumpyhack said:

Nice back story.. Seeing them 50 years ago seems crazy.! Imagine telling your younger self back then..

when Elton comes on stage at Glastonbury it will be a fraction over 48 years since I saw him at my first gig (Wembley Stadium).. No Dutch romance I’m afraid… my sister bought be the ticket for my birthday and I was there on my own..

Saw Gaz Coombes Wednesday at the Leadmill.. not listened to a lot of his stuff but liked a couple of his semi recent singles.  Didn’t know anything he played in the end but really enjoyed all of it.. he’s got a great voice and an extensive band, sounded great 👍  would defo see him again. 

IMG_5704.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Pipine said:

Saw Gaz Coombes Wednesday at the Leadmill.. not listened to a lot of his stuff but liked a couple of his semi recent singles.  Didn’t know anything he played in the end but really enjoyed all of it.. he’s got a great voice and an extensive band, sounded great 👍  would defo see him again. 

IMG_5704.jpeg

Had tickets but missed it due to work. Fucking gutted.

saw October Drift in Peterborough last night... full on energy as normal..

They are back out for their last few dates of this tour in May.. Do yourself a favour and have a cheap (£13!) night out supporting a hard working band and a local small venue to boot.. 

October Drift - Spring UK & Ireland Tour | Event

29 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

saw October Drift in Peterborough last night... full on energy as normal..

They are back out for their last few dates of this tour in May.. Do yourself a favour and have a cheap (£13!) night out supporting a hard working band and a local small venue to boot.. 

October Drift - Spring UK & Ireland Tour | Event

nice one ... if anyones thinking about bristol I will see you at Thekla 🙂 

These absolute legends in Warrington, supported by Pet Needs and local band The A.V Club, all sensational. How do these guys just keep getting better? Looking forward to seeing them on the farm too. 🤩

EC6BD53E-77F6-4155-B6EC-A3C9A94D6EE4.thumb.jpeg.05a689a7e6afedfaaea0e667d4bdc7d8.jpeg88293444-8DDC-489B-872D-3402753B1F5E.thumb.jpeg.3a70e22286c699c22bbba2658590a1a3.jpeg

Edited by theciderviking

never been a fan of Paramore, went mainly because they were my partners fav band. (birmingham)

wow, they were amazing, never got bored, they sounded on top form, Hayley is one hell of a performer.

had the crowd in the palm of her hand

they should be given a headline slot at a festival next year, its a shame that there isnt really a festival apart from Reading and Leeds that could give them that, the crowd were mainly 30s i would say, i think they would go over well at a Latitude 

• Like 1