All Points East Festival 2022

Hutchmaster

Ah this sucks. I'd hoped to nab cheap Tame Impala tix so I could go after work next week as don't have much annual leave left, and don't care for the rest of the line up that day. 

Next year's line ups are going to have to be out of this world if they're expecting people to pay £70/£80, and fork out c. £7 per 330ml can of cider/beer while they're in there. That's effectively getting on for over £10/pint.

They didn't do freebies/any deals last year either. In fact 2019 is the only one of four years that they have.

I'm not sure why people were expecting anything too major - we already had a BOGOF. With operational and staffing costs where they are, giving away free tickets must be a net negative even if everybody bought five pints and a burger.

Edited by Porcelina
  • Upvote 2

I'm happy that they have found smarter ways to get rid of tickets (in ways they might claw some profit back, like Amex/2-4-1s) than just throwing out freebie links in a panic.

It's absolutely no way to run a business long term – you only need to look at this thread to get an idea of how many people were avoiding buying and expecting cheap entry – and it's better for artists and the festival ecosystem as a whole to not have endless freebies eroding the brand.

To be fair I got in on the 2 for 1 and won the Tinder competition which seemed like they gave quite a lot away. I think they still probably gave loads away but made it a bit less obvious than say listing on Central Tickets et al. To be honest I'd be at my favourite line ups either way, but I won't attend the ones I'm a bit less fussed about at all rather than going along for cheap. 

You couldn’t upgrade to VIP view last year, just the normal vip area. They have upgrades on the app and it’s only the normal ones too, so I assume the same will happen on site.

I’ll be there about 4pm today so can report if anything is different

Edited by evilduck

4 minutes ago, more matey said:

For anyone going today I’d really appreciate the following:

1) Can you upgrade to VIP view on the day?

2) If so, how much?

3) Could you take a picture of the VIP view area and post to here? 

Thank you in advance to anyone who answers these questions!

There's a ticket upgrade option for VIP here (for the Gorillaz day) but same for each day https://www.axs.com/uk/events/417531/gorillaz-tickets?skin=allpointseast

5 minutes ago, more matey said:

For anyone going today I’d really appreciate the following:

1) Can you upgrade to VIP view on the day?

2) If so, how much?

3) Could you take a picture of the VIP view area and post to here? 

Thank you in advance to anyone who answers these questions!

The VIP view isn't the best i've heard - probably wouldn't bother and doesn't seem like you can upgrade anyway

Edited by gfa

Also: team tickets say sold out and are greyed out but seem to still be working at least for the day i checked (tame impala). just click the button. cheaper to buy off twickets probably but may help someone 🙂

28 minutes ago, Green Croc said:

Was having a look on Ticket Swap and they have the following message about these tickets not being able to be swapped as they're personalised. Is this something we should be wary of if buying off twickets etc?

image.thumb.png.ddbabbdcd2bbc812ebc0271b631d64e5.png

They are dynamic ones which means someone needs to transfer them to your account with that ticket provider. AXS is still letting me transfer my tickets for today so should be fine, although don’t know how the other ticket sellers are handling it. 

Shaun sounded pretty good this morning for the sound check (well good for him). The sound was a massive improvement over yesterdays soundcheck when it was only Damon's vocals was the give away that it was Gorillaz sound check. They sounded a lot tighter this morning, not that you can read to much in to sound quality carried on the breeze. However, its a nice was to start the day standing in the garden listening to Dare with a black coffee. It will be midday soon and so exceptable to swop the coffee for a cider or rum and coke 😊

• Like 1

I was hovering for a free/£5 ticket for APE tonight but didn't happen (paid for a Chems ticket tomorrow though). 

Anyone still after a cheap ticket for tonight? Put in a cheeky offer for 6 tickets on eBay (figured they were gonna struggle to get rid of 6 now!?) and was accepted - £35 each so about half price.

Seller just messaged me so should have them in my AXS account asap, would just need to forward them to you via email.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Livvy Mae said:

every time i have opened this today to check the schedule i get this message, doesn’t bode well seeing as though they’ve said tickets need to be shown via this app instead of axs7707982D-DA74-4EB3-94CC-2608ED25ACC9.thumb.png.f2f7d9373d88866cdcb639a727eb76cb.png 

Mine was working fine this morning but  now I have the same screen. My AXS account is working and so hope they are ok with scanning those tickets. Will try to reinstall the app and see if that makes a difference.  All a bit rubbish.

33 minutes ago, schoolyb said:

I was hovering for a free/£5 ticket for APE tonight but didn't happen (paid for a Chems ticket tomorrow though). 

Anyone still after a cheap ticket for tonight? Put in a cheeky offer for 6 tickets on eBay (figured they were gonna struggle to get rid of 6 now!?) and was accepted - £35 each so about half price.

Seller just messaged me so should have them in my AXS account asap, would just need to forward them to you via email.

I'll take two of them off your hands if still available?