2023 Festival

TheWaters

4 minutes ago, Tom Connolly said:

just so poor. Steve Lacy is the only exciting booking on there. 

Who is Steve Lacy?

4 minutes ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

Why do Don Broco take this booking? Play arenas and get shoved down below Steve Lacey and Lil TJay 😂

Because they don't want to just book one event. They don't blow arena sales away though.

1 minute ago, Suprefan said:

I would hope they put them in the dance tent and they just dont use their full production so they can be on in the evening.  But I guess a weird main stage slot is ok by them to get the paycheck

Think the crowd would be far too big for the tent, even pinkpantheress and bakar got to near dangerous levels of overcrowding last year.

They'll certainly be on the main stage. As you say, if they get a decent paycheck, I'm sure they'll take a daylight set  happily 

12 minutes ago, wro_lap said:

I’m amazed at how overwhelmingly negative the reaction is. Capaldi and Imagine Dragons aren’t to everyone’s tastes but both pretty huge artists. Honestly I’m delighted with those headers - someone has to be

Better than this year for me. Foals Killers and Sam Fender is a bit of an indie wet dream even if I don’t like fender i can respect the trio. Never expect to like all of them

They’ve really fucked up on the rappers, should have binned off capaldi or imagine dragons and got a recycled wireless rapper (asap rocky for instance).

strange placings tbh

10 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

I’d kill to see Bicep, but in the light and I am throwing hands

Bit extreme given they headlined every festival under the sun this summer 😂

1 minute ago, gfa said:

And they should be headlining this, it’s fucking moronic having a dance act, who are notorious for their amazing light show playing at 6pm in the middle of summer 

How do we think this will sell anyway? I think the headliners are the best for a long, long time for indie and solid for pop too. Obviously rock is out the window but thats not the core audience anyway. Reckon sam fender and killers day tickets will fly

1 minute ago, Gerard the Fab said:

And they should be headlining this, it’s fucking moronic having a dance act, who are notorious for their amazing light show playing at 6pm in the middle of summer 

They shouldn’t have accepted the slot anyway

FRI//

Sam Fender > Foals > Loyle Carner > [sunset] >  Bicep Live > Wet Leg > Trippie Redd

SAT//

The Killers > Lewis Capaldi > Central Cee > [sunset] > Slowthai > Nothing But Thieves > Chase Atlantic

SUN//

Billie Eilish > Imagine Dragons > Steve Lacy >[sunset] > Becky Hill > Decklan McKenna > Lil Tjay

2 minutes ago, gfa said:

They’ve really fucked up on the rappers, should have binned off capaldi or imagine dragons and got a recycled wireless rapper (asap rocky for instance).

strange placings tbh

Me personally had Yungblud been there on The Killers day it would have been tempting but I'd be highly surprised there was enough announced now to entice me.

Friday Reading is by far my worst day.

I actually didn't mind the headliners. I love FOALS/Sam Fender and The Killers. Shame once again 2 of them are on the same day. Billie Eilish and Lewis Capaldi are okay, and then I have 0 interest in Imagine Dragons. After seen the full lineup so far, there isn't one sub headliner I think that I have to see them, Bicep would be good but not my type of music and it's a weird placement in the daylight for me.

There are stuff throughout the days that I would want to see, but not as much as there has been in previous years. 

Overall I'm not too disappointed in the headliners but I am a bit with the undercard

Wow, incredibly dull and boring lineup. Said every year but I’m not the R&L clientele anymore and with V gone they’ve really taken the acts they would’ve got. No idea who Steve Lacy or Lil TJay are.

Saying that The Killers are an incredible live act so anyone that does attend make sure that you catch them. 

I really don’t understand why they announce acts like Don Broco and YMAS anymore, just let Download/Trees/Slam Dunk have them as it’s just pointless trying to push that genre now as they aren’t catered for in the rest of the lineup. I’d guess they will be the pit/FR/lock up headliners but they might possibly be too big unless they stick them against Fender/Eilish. 

If Yungblud and Tom Grennan are going to be announced later it’ll be because they need to sell out tours.