Ranks

Hugh Jass

Have we stumbled into some alternate dimension where this is actually a scout forum? If so, I want my hike though a car park laden with gear, get my tent up, crack open a can, sit down, survey the splendour and then lose the rest of the week in the best place on earth badge! Gonna try for it in 356 days…

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Overnight I've gone from Apprentice to Dedicated.  Mrs P says she can't understand why.

😐

I'm dedicated too which makes me think of this 

Not that I am a dedicated follower of fashion though! 

I like that the badges aren't (as far as I can tell) listed anywhere, so whenever I get one, it's a surprise 🙂 Just got 'seven day login streak' which is quite neat 🙂 Now I'm going to have to check the forum literally everyday in case it has levels, can't break the streak now 😄

4 minutes ago, paulshane said:

I like that the badges aren't (as far as I can tell) listed anywhere, so whenever I get one, it's a surprise 🙂 Just got 'seven day login streak' which is quite neat 🙂 Now I'm going to have to check the forum literally everyday in case it has levels, can't break the streak now 😄

I wonder if you spent all day just logging on and off, would you have all the badges by the end of the day. Maybe you have to make a post on every log on, in which case you could just post something like 'Next badge please'. 

19 hours ago, thewayiam said:

How it got that extremely high who exactly knows. But in brief, I posted a bit too passionately and over the top back in the day maybe. I didn't make the account in the best taste but was pissed off that a genuine festival headliner guess that turned out correct was flamed, even though I didn't try take credit at all. I simply said the day before I reckon it might be that such and such person. Probably gave some bands too much stick...Foals being one of them although at the same time, my views or opinions were looked upon in a lesser way than others. Obviously I gave Kanye a lot of stick....don't regret that for one moment and nothing he's done since had proved me otherwise. Bipolar does not justify his actions.

But ultimately, the reason that number did get there was yourself and others on here over a large period chose to down vote everything and anything I said for fun regardless of what it was even just giving an opinion was doing so yourselves and all got way too serious. But you know, I moved on etc, learnt from the errors I made myself....you lot kinda did not. So you know it all adds up.

Fair play to you for sticking with the account and seemingly not giving a fuck about the rep score!

There’s a poster here that got a lot of downvotes after a misguided post and just made a new account. When the rep scores + up/down votes were temporarily done away with last year they went back to using the first account and then hastily reverted back to the second account once they were reinstated!

8 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I wonder if you spent all day just logging on and off, would you have all the badges by the end of the day. Maybe you have to make a post on every log on, in which case you could just post something like 'Next badge please'. 

Next badge please 🙂

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, henry bear said:

Fair play to you for sticking with the account and seemingly not giving a fuck about the rep score!

There’s a poster here that got a lot of downvotes after a misguided post and just made a new account. When the rep scores + up/down votes were temporarily done away with last year they went back to using the first account and then hastily reverted back to the second account once they were reinstated!

I'm not going to not have an opinion because a group of idiots dislike it and show it by wanting to be cool down voting. 

I've met one person off of here that bothers me to remember so I'm not in it for a popularity contest.

I'd hazard a guess that your career path in life is no better because you've got +500 than -2000 as a general eg. It's not because of that why you earn 10k in your job now more than you did before hand so to speak.

I walked out of of my job, I travelled the world for 6 months. I returned, I got a job and got a skilled upgrade within 5 months of being there. I earn the most I've ever made. That doesn't make me a better person that you but that -2000 down vote didn't stop me doing it.

My advice is just stick it out. If someone is going to down vote, or be a dick or whatever for their own pretentious amusement or for whatever reason then they will regardless. I've seen comments on here over the last few weeks that are absolutely foul! Some of which should have been banned from using this forum.

Unfortunately sometimes, this is the only real festival forum we have as when the owner of the boards doesn't cover themselves in glory over the past 6 months what chance do we really have.

Edited by thewayiam

3 hours ago, thewayiam said:

I'm not going to not have an opinion because a group of idiots dislike it and show it by wanting to be cool down voting. 

I've met one person off of here that bothers me to remember so I'm not in it for a popularity contest.

I'd hazard a guess that your career path in life is no better because you've got +500 than -2000 as a general eg. It's not because of that why you earn 10k in your job now more than you did before hand so to speak.

I walked out of of my job, I travelled the world for 6 months. I returned, I got a job and got a skilled upgrade within 5 months of being there. I earn the most I've ever made. That doesn't make me a better person that you but that -2000 down vote didn't stop me doing it.

My advice is just stick it out. If someone is going to down vote, or be a dick or whatever for their own pretentious amusement or for whatever reason then they will regardless. I've seen comments on here over the last few weeks that are absolutely foul! Some of which should have been banned from using this forum.

Unfortunately sometimes, this is the only real festival forum we have as when the owner of the boards doesn't cover themselves in glory over the past 6 months what chance do we really have.

I don't actually know of this story of the way of things on here. Some threads I don't look at at all, and then others only spatially, and then possibly intensely, but for a brief period of time - or at least that's the way it seems to me. So given the solid logic of your post above I find it difficult to understand why you were given (if I have this right, under a different user name) so many down votes. However, it occurs to me that there might be a possibility that it was just a bit of fun gone wrong. Disastrously wrong in one way, but possibly funny to some. And maybe those 'some' would have wanted you to join in and 'get it'. That said, yours would be the option that I'd think.

Well, no it isn't exactly. Let's face it, people do like up votes ( imagine me in a room full of strangers sat in a circle. Well, here I go - I'm sat down, now I've stood up, and now I'm saying - 'My names Yoghurt on a stick, and I like upvotes.). I say that because I do. I don't alter what I am going to say to 'quest' them, but they do provide a degree of validation, which a lot of people 'require' because they just don't seem to align correctly with consensus reality.

As for down votes, I heavily suspect that I deserved every single one of mine, so fair play to those people who had the 'wit' to do that. 

Now, I'd love to tell you what I'm thinking but I'd rather not so that I don't, sort of, create a self fulfilling prophesy.

STOP PRESS - the last bit what I did write was about 30 to 40 minutes ago. Life has intervened since. So, I'm just going to leave it there. there, not knowing fully what I have said previously, or whether stopping right now is absurd. 'No, no, I hear you cry. Please do stop now', I hear you further'!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I don't actually know of this story of the way of things on here. Some threads I don't look at at all, and then others only spatially, and then possibly intensely, but for a brief period of time - or at least that's the way it seems to me. So given the solid logic of your post above I find it difficult to understand why you were given (if I have this right, under a different user name) so many down votes. However, it occurs to me that there might be a possibility that it was just a bit of fun gone wrong. Disastrously wrong in one way, but possibly funny to some. And maybe those 'some' would have wanted you to join in and 'get it'. That said, yours would be the option that I'd think.

Well, no it isn't exactly. Let's face it, people do like up votes ( imagine me in a room full of strangers sat in a circle. Well, here I go - I'm sat down, now I've stood up, and now I'm saying - 'My names Yoghurt on a stick, and I like upvotes.). I say that because I do. I don't alter what I am going to say to 'quest' them, but they do provide a degree of validation, which a lot of people 'require' because they just don't seem to align correctly with consensus reality.

As for down votes, I heavily suspect that I deserved every single one of mine, so fair play to those people who had the 'wit' to do that. 

Now, I'd love to tell you what I'm thinking but I'd rather not so that I don't, sort of, create a self fulfilling prophesy.

STOP PRESS - the last bit what I did write was about 30 to 40 minutes ago. Life has intervened since. So, I'm just going to leave it there. there, not knowing fully what I have said previously, or whether stopping right now is absurd. 'No, no, I hear you cry. Please do stop now', I hear you further'!

Yeah, what he said. I think.... 

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Liked for your validation needs, Sir YOAS.

Edited by MrZigster
  • Upvote 1

I've just earned a badge for logging in every day for a week.

Down to it being festival weekend and chatting about the BBC stuff probably. Though personally I thought I had a couple of blackout gone dark days this week.

Just bad mornings then.

1 hour ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

Yeah, what he said. I think.... 

My family coat of arms Latin description reads in English as ' I have forgotten what it was that I forgot about, I think'.

Actually that's not true. I know that because I made it up. My family do have a coat of arms (as does everyone's presumably) but I don't actually know what it is - if indeed it has any Latin written on it. I will check this out.

6 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Liked back because of yours. 🙂

But you actually "up-voted" me. I merely "liked" you. A subtle difference but a difference none the less.

And did you like me back because you also think I need validation, or just as an act of reciprocation?

Touche (how do you put circumflexes over letters)?

1 minute ago, MrZigster said:

But you actually "up-voted" me. I merely "liked" you. A subtle difference but a difference none the less.

And did you like me back because you also think I need validation, or just as an act of reciprocation?

Touche (how do you put circumflexes over letters)?

Hello MrZigster,

Right, I'm going to be brutally honest here - (1) Because it's required and (2) Because if I'm going to do it, this is the thread for it. the fact of the matter is that despite being on here since 2011, I don't actually know how all the 'buttons' (yes, I am that thick, work!). So, the difference between me up voting your post and you liking my post is beyond my current comprehension. I do, however, note that your 'thingy' is blue and mine is green. i assume that is what you are referring to. I can honestly say that I have only ever hit the blue button 'enabler' by accident in all my years on this forum. I have, apparently, once given a red down vote, but evidently steer clear of doing so normally. I just like to 'gree' upvote what I like. I'm not interested in the other areas.

As to your second question - my response was intended to be a joke, and one that you would join in with. It wasn't really meant that i thought you needed validation, and it was certainly not an act of reciprocation.

And now to your third question. Simply look up the proper spelling of touché in another tab (is that the right terminology, I wonder?), then copy and paste it into the same 'bar' at the top, then copy it again from that bar, and then paste it on this site. That's the way I do it. I suspect that someone with greater (not difficult) knowledge may come along and inform you that there's an easier way of doing it. I certainly hope so. 🙂

7 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello MrZigster,

Right, I'm going to be brutally honest here - (1) Because it's required and (2) Because if I'm going to do it, this is the thread for it. the fact of the matter is that despite being on here since 2011, I don't actually know how all the 'buttons' (yes, I am that thick, work!). So, the difference between me up voting your post and you liking my post is beyond my current comprehension. I do, however, note that your 'thingy' is blue and mine is green. i assume that is what you are referring to. I can honestly say that I have only ever hit the blue button 'enabler' by accident in all my years on this forum. I have, apparently, once given a red down vote, but evidently steer clear of doing so normally. I just like to 'gree' upvote what I like. I'm not interested in the other areas.

As to your second question - my response was intended to be a joke, and one that you would join in with. It wasn't really meant that i thought you needed validation, and it was certainly not an act of reciprocation.

And now to your third question. Simply look up the proper spelling of touché in another tab (is that the right terminology, I wonder?), then copy and paste it into the same 'bar' at the top, then copy it again from that bar, and then paste it on this site. That's the way I do it. I suspect that someone with greater (not difficult) knowledge may come along and inform you that there's an easier way of doing it. I certainly hope so. 🙂

Reading my last post back, and then yours. Maybe I should have added some emoticons (or emojis as I believe they are called these days) . And/or mentioned the word "joke". I believe the expression these days is "/s".

I didn't realise I'd asked so many questions.

How did you learn to type so fast?

I gave you the prefix Sir before YOAS for a reason. Sir.

I'm always confused by the software updates on here also. Ask whoever it was I kept accidentally downvoting the last time a major one happened.

As to your last answer : That is way too much bollocks to get on with at this time of the morning just to put an accent over a letter.

"Time for bed", said Zebedee.

5 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Sorry about the spelling mistakes etc, but I have had copious G & T's and a smoke. i am just about to have another smoke, so things may get worse before they get better.

Kind of parallel evening. But bedtime.

2 hours ago, MrZigster said:

Reading my last post back, and then yours. Maybe I should have added some emoticons (or emojis as I believe they are called these days) . And/or mentioned the word "joke". I believe the expression these days is "/s".

I didn't realise I'd asked so many questions.

How did you learn to type so fast?

I gave you the prefix Sir before YOAS for a reason. Sir.

I'm always confused by the software updates on here also. Ask whoever it was I kept accidentally downvoting the last time a major one happened.

As to your last answer : That is way too much bollocks to get on with at this time of the morning just to put an accent over a letter.

"Time for bed", said Zebedee.

Kind of parallel evening. But bedtime.

The joke angle had crossed my mind - which was why my response was lighthearted. What do you mean 'Not from where I'm sitting'? What does that 'actually' mean? 

The bit above, as in the very last bit - that's also my idea of light hearted. 

What? You think it imbecilic? Well I've never been so insulted in all my days. Well, not all of them. Not even the majority. But a few anyway. And those few want recognition - and respect. Just because there are fewer of them doesn't mean they are any less so. or so goes their mantra. They've obviously never heard Spoke say " “Logic clearly dictates that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.” However, one has to take into account Captain Kirk's response - “Or the one".

Which leads us seamlessly in to this;

Moving on - I can't type fast - as in not even in the slightest. Now I do know a man who can - type that fast, I mean. It's my stepson. I have witnessed fast typers before, as one would given my current lifespan. However, not one of them comes close to him. Not one. not fucking nowhere near. Have you seen the 'droid' (I think it is) in Alien when he does the knife trick in between a persons stretched out hand. His typing is like the ned bit. And he doesn't have to look at the keyboard at the same time. he almost doesn't have to think - or so it seems.

Can't help you then on the accent over the letter. I used to keep as tight a grammatically correct regime as I was able, but now it's kind of gone out of the window. That's down to two shitty keyboards and an increasingly 'challenged' brain.

7 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

My family coat of arms Latin description reads in English as ' I have forgotten what it was that I forgot about, I think'.

Actually that's not true. I know that because I made it up. My family do have a coat of arms (as does everyone's presumably) but I don't actually know what it is - if indeed it has any Latin written on it. I will check this out.

773226855_Screenshot_20210702-090821_AutoPhotoCutPaste.thumb.jpg.e2b10f83c1f8d5b5a6318ee8b742589d.jpg

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

That's very good, and a handy reminder that I need to look up my 'real' coat of arms. Thanks for making the effort, it's appreciated.

No problem, I was in a very boring meeting.

9 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

image.png.245a444360506af6b285d5dc581586fb.png

Now that is also very good, and I have to admit currently very applicable. I got to bed pissed and stoned at 8am this morning (or thereabouts) and was back up at 9am (that's speed for you). Anyway, it was only 20 minutes ago that I recalled that I had rolled a joint which I hadn't actually smoked last night ie one over the two or three that I had smoked last night. Anyway, probably more like 15 minutes ago now, I decided to smoke said joint. Call it breakfast, if you will. And a nice hearty breakfast it was too.

Same thanks to you as above for making the effort. 

PS - Are those things easy to make? Not that I'm besmirching any effort you may have put in. it's just that they'd be a fun things to do, I reckon. What would one look up in order to achieve such a thing? Ie. a title / subject area, then I can take it from there.