Download 2023

Would be nice to have some Rivals Sons/Clutch/Greta Van Fleet vibes mixed in with the heavy tuneage.  They would be good support for Metallica. 

I would like to see a lineup like this?... (Just predicting for a bit of fun)

Thursday: Bring Me The Horizon // Trivium // Gojira 

Friday: My Chemical Romance // Architects // Dropkick Murphy's

Saturday: Metallica  // Ghost // Rival Sons

Sunday: Muse // Royal Blood // Maneskin or Greta Van Fleet

6 hours ago, guylin29 said:

Would be nice to have some Rivals Sons/Clutch/Greta Van Fleet vibes mixed in with the heavy tuneage.  They would be good support for Metallica. 

I would like to see a lineup like this?... (Just predicting for a bit of fun)

Thursday: Bring Me The Horizon // Trivium // Gojira 

Friday: My Chemical Romance // Architects // Dropkick Murphy's

Saturday: Metallica  // Ghost // Rival Sons

Sunday: Muse // Royal Blood // Maneskin or Greta Van Fleet

BMTH, MCR and Muse all in one year would possibly be seen as too big of a departure from the usual but I’d be well up for a line up like that

5 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Saw The Interrupters last night. I know they have been sounded out on here but I'm not sure they are a Download band.

They were cracking at Slam Dunk this year.  It feels like a bigger statement than excluding one band - they're no dissimilar from a lot of punky type bands - Rancid, Distillers, Offspring - are you writing off punk from Download?

• Upvote 1

On 7/22/2022 at 5:01 PM, metallimuse said:

If I go back for the first time in years I’d like them to be there.

I was put off by the imagery thinking they’d be cheesy but after listening to them more I’m a fan.

Been listening/watching old Slipknot sets from years gone by at Download and I really hope they are the fourth headliner now. I’m still a bit put off by the price but think that’s just coz I’m an old b*stard and remember a time when it cost half of what next year will be but I’m thinking now if the headliners are what we’ve been talking about then I will go.

Mate you'd love download, it's the most friendly place you can go, there's something for everyone. it costs a lot but what doesnt? every other festival is the same and even if you like only 10 bands, that's £25 a band, 100k like minded people and you might discover your next new favourite! and this year it was sunny the whole time!

2 hours ago, gary1979666 said:

They were cracking at Slam Dunk this year.  It feels like a bigger statement than excluding one band - they're no dissimilar from a lot of punky type bands - Rancid, Distillers, Offspring - are you writing off punk from Download?

They are nothing like Offspring or Distillers lol. And considering Download can't get Rancid to play then yes. I agree they were, it was mental last night too.

Interrupters are more ska than punk for me and they'd totally go down well at Download.....................

...............as long as it was on the Avalanche stage so the double denim dinosaur chair turtles didn't have to listen to them.  Pretty sure I heard them blasting out of 3rd one year anyway. IIRC I got a ticket to see them at the Barras on the strength of it. They were great.

8 minutes ago, RichieCunningham said:

The Interrupters played the Avalanche stage back in 2019 and were brilliant. They drew a big crowd. 

Do we think Muse are a possibility? New album has some heavier songs and they have a gap in their UK tour around Download time. 

Stadium tour implies they won't be at UK festivals next year IMO. If 2x Metallica is true then Muse as the 4th would be a bummer honestly and I like Muse. 

Already posted by others on the official forum and Reddit but Pantera are joining Slipknot at Knotfest Colombia, Chile, Brasil. Next to Judas Priest on two posters and under them on another. 

Slipknot / Judas Priest / Pantera on main on Sunday isn't a bad guess. 

7 hours ago, gabrielomachado said:

Download presents Knotfest UK

SLIPKNOT / Pantera / Lamb Of God / Mr.Bungle / Motionless In White / Jinjer / Vended

I could deffo see that happening. Though it would be odd considering the song Redneck by Lamb Of God is commonly known to be calling out Anselmo. 

2 hours ago, Spiral_Low said:

Though it would be odd considering the song Redneck by Lamb Of God is commonly known to be calling out Anselmo. 

It's not at all. The guitarist Mark wrote those lyrics about Randy's drunken asshole behaviour when the two weren't on the best terms. 

3 hours ago, BenG92 said:

It's not at all. The guitarist Mark wrote those lyrics about Randy's drunken asshole behaviour when the two weren't on the best terms. 

Yup, wrote the song so that he’d constantly have to sing about himself being a dick. Think the Anselmo thing was just assumed by a lot of people due to him being another drunken redneck arsehole. 

On 8/26/2022 at 1:04 PM, FloorFiller said:

Yup, wrote the song so that he’d constantly have to sing about himself being a dick. Think the Anselmo thing was just assumed by a lot of people due to him being another drunken redneck arsehole. 

On 8/26/2022 at 9:10 AM, BenG92 said:

Ah my bad, cheers for info! 

Before this weekend, i had only ever watched BMTH once and that was at APE when they were very good.

This weekend at Leeds they stepped up to another level and then some. They are now up with the best live headliner rock / metal acts in the world. 

I've never been to Download (I've been to Sonisphere several times) however i would be tempted if they book BMTH and Architects. 

They would both smash it. 

• Upvote 2

Agree with the above. If their R&L sets don’t prove they can headline Download then I don’t know what will. They pulled a great crowd given the majority of the festival were waiting for Arctic Monkeys at the other stage so can only imagine it to be bigger at Download. Hopefully they’re given a slightly longer set as they only did 14 songs at Leeds. Would be funny if they brought out Ed Sheeran as a guest like they did at Reading. Imagine that… Ed Sheeran at Download.

• Upvote 1